NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 7/28/2023 at 10:09 AM, fouhy12 said:

So this confirms the Jets will wear the black uniforms with the one remaining alternate slot, and they will wear them at home, both as expected. Looking at the schedule, I'm assuming those will be worn either on Monday Night Football against the Chargers in week 9 or on Black Friday against Miami in week 12. 

The Jets have hosted MNF three times since this new uniform set was unveiled, with two against the Patriots. They wore all black with green helmets in 2020 in week 9 and all green with white socks in 2019 in week 7 against New England and wore the all black with green helmets in 2019 against the Browns in week 2. 

Obviously, the Black Friday game is new. If I got to pick, I'd wear the black uniform then. It just makes too much sense. 

I'm curious if they'd use the black logo if/when they go white over black at home. 

I like teams wearing white jerseys at home, to see how the uniforms blend in with the home stadium and field. But last year the amount of times they did it was overkill. It was like the Jets had no identity. The only game with the gotham green jerseys was the Detroit game.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:18 PM, Discrim said:

The Jets wore white Broadway Joe era throwbacks for a 1993 game against the Bengals to celebrate the 68 team.  Main difference between these and the version worn in 1994 was they didn't bother with helmet stripes. 

b3c50e0c-6d53-4363-9009-f6956e8b8476_164

fe9bb9c81ea923c9054e12c495c2d20b_crop_ex

Yea, and the helmet color as a whole

43 minutes ago, SoxSteeler said:

The Steelers got new practice jerseys with contrasting sleeves at the start of camp. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I know it's just a practice jersey, but I wouldn't mind a throwback with either of these designs.

1964_Pittsburgh.png?6181

• Like 4

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Interesting that they don't have a special QB jersey.  I know it's "non contact", but figured they'd still have a red or some other special jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, bowld said:

Would love to see these numbers on the alt black game jersey

The announcers and spotters wouldn't.

• Like 12

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Interesting that they don't have a special QB jersey.  I know it's "non contact", but figured they'd still have a red or some other special jersey.

Yeah, they’ve never had a special non-contact qb jersey since I’ve been following the team. I can’t say never but at least the last 25 years and probably never. 

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I know it's just a practice jersey, but I wouldn't mind a throwback with either of these designs.

1964_Pittsburgh.png?6181

I’ve always like those and would be up for a throwback. I’d choose the 1962 to bring back the gold helmets though. spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoxSteeler said:

The Steelers got new practice jerseys with contrasting sleeves at the start of camp. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Gross.

Interesting that it looks like Nike may have manufactured these, given the Vapor Untouchable neck homeplate design.

Happy to see them back but I’m slightly underwhelmed.

I think because the jersey is so simple, the template really stands out and makes it distracting.  They should’ve used the template with the yoke seams straight across.  Would’ve looked great on the Vapor Untouchable template.

And prepare to be shocked:  this is the first time I’ll admit that I’d prefer shiny pants.  

• Like 3

Gray pants with white socks looks weird. I know that's what the Eagles actually wore during that time, but green socks would have looked way better IMO.

• Like 5

Hotter Than July > Thriller