NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It's giving me these vibes:

EIz1_MhUwAA9MnB.jpg

Slate blue is too close to a bright orange lighting-wise, and red + orange is hard to pull off in any circumstance. You'd probably be looking at a faded version of the above jersey in terms of the aesthetic.

No, no, he's onto something here...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

I wonder if the Titans could have made Crapitals/Wizards slate blue work, maybe with Volunteer orange and Tennessee flag red as secondary colors.

I thought about concepting that out once—even setting aside the fact that the league already has two blue-and-orange teams. That particular shade of blue is unique in its own right. Maybe I should finish that our.

I'll tell you what else I thought about as far as potential colorways go:

19278535.jpeg

It flies a bit too close to Chargers territory, but it'd at least be a bit distinctive. Either that, or the Snatit could replace their current red with that orange.

Of course, I doubt the Snatit would add that orange, being that a/ the Snatit are trying to appeal to the entire state; b/ Knoxville is clear on the opposite end of the state from Memphis/West Tennessee aka the Forgotten Grand Division; and c/ good luck finding more than two or three Volunteers fans out that way.

(I still think it'd be a pretty decent colorway to try out...but at this point two-tone blue is their thing. Or would be if they didn't feel the need to trot two-tone grey out along with it...)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's likely an unpopular opinion here, but I have always thought that the NY Jets could have done much more interesting branding with the addition of a lighter blue to their green/white color scheme.  In Nikespeak, they could even claim it represents the skies that Jets fly through. It certainly would be better than adding black IMHO (and would really help to distinguish them from the Eagles, too).

• Hurl 2

1 hour ago, jws008 said:

It's likely an unpopular opinion here, but I have always thought that the NY Jets could have done much more interesting branding with the addition of a lighter blue to their green/white color scheme.  

Like Tulane’s colors?

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I thought about concepting that out once—even setting aside the fact that the league already has two blue-and-orange teams. That particular shade of blue is unique in its own right. Maybe I should finish that our.

I'll tell you what else I thought about as far as potential colorways go:

19278535.jpeg

It flies a bit too close to Chargers territory, but it'd at least be a bit distinctive. Either that, or the Snatit could replace their current red with that orange.

Of course, I doubt the Snatit would add that orange, being that a/ the Snatit are trying to appeal to the entire state; b/ Knoxville is clear on the opposite end of the state from Memphis/West Tennessee aka the Forgotten Grand Division; and c/ good luck finding more than two or three Volunteers fans out that way.

(I still think it'd be a pretty decent colorway to try out...but at this point two-tone blue is their thing. Or would be if they didn't feel the need to trot two-tone grey out along with it...)

I've always felt like replacing red with bright orange would be a great way to move away from the Oilers branding and make it more "Tennessee". Using it as an accent color, along with light blue and navy/black/charcoal could be cool. 

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

I wonder if the Titans could have made Crapitals/Wizards slate blue work, maybe with Volunteer orange and Tennessee flag red as secondary colors.

A school about an hour south of Nashville uses a similar concept, but with black and gray instead of blue. They recently rebranded to this name after joining UT system.

spacer.png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Slate blue is too close to a bright orange lighting-wise, and red + orange is hard to pull off in any circumstance. You'd probably be looking at a faded version of the above jersey in terms of the aesthetic.

Yeah, I played around with it and it doesn't work. There has to be some way to carve out a unique blue for the Titans, though. Right now they feel about as create-a-team as the Texans are accused of being.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I played around with it and it doesn't work. There has to be some way to carve out a unique blue for the Titans, though. Right now they feel about as create-a-team as the Texans are accused of being.

In an ideal world, where Houston’s team (whatever they’re named) can have light blue & red, I’ve long thought the Titans could be navy & athletic gold. It’d be a unique scheme in the NFL (besides the Chargers’ Color Rush), it’d connect with the Nashville Predators, & it’d act as a modernization of the New York Titans:

AUt5JtK.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

In an ideal world, where Houston’s team (whatever they’re named) can have light blue & red, I’ve long thought the Titans could be navy & athletic gold. It’d be a unique scheme in the NFL (besides the Chargers’ Color Rush), it’d connect with the Nashville Predators, & it’d act as a modernization of the New York Titans:

AUt5JtK.jpg

A - So not unique

B - Who are currently the New York Jets.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Because I'm developing a thing for the Gresley A4, I have an idea.

1200px-4464_Bittern(8071816530).jpg

A brighter royal blue with pale gold and dark red accents (in equal balance) might be what you're looking for here. Maybe don't use the Gill Sans on the nameplate, because Gill Sans really doesn't work for any gridiron football team.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

A - So not unique

Unique as a primary color scheme, beyond a one-off alternate, yes. Plus, the heavy use of athletic gold the Titans would likely use would make the two plenty different enough.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

B - Who are currently the New York Jets.

… And? Just as I imagine the Texans could adopt light blue & red if they really wanted to, I’m sure the Titans could adopt the much more common navy & athletic gold color scheme without a problem.

3 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

"Athletic Gold"

I didn’t really care about the distinction between yellow and athletic gold until the Rams unveiled their rebrand.

r4SE03P.jpg

jqai3Yz.jpg

That’s a significant enough difference for me.

• Like 12

I hated the New York Titans uniforms in 2008 or whenever that was. Favre wore them, I think. Just a really unpleasant color palette, felt like Ye Olde-Fashioned St. Louis Rams or something and really took away from those perfectly nice Jets uniforms. So no, I don't think that would work for Nashville. 

The difference between the Rams' gold pants and their yellow ("sol"?)  pants is really striking. I don't know how much is lighting and material (as Bucfan pointed out with the Chargers looking underwhelming at SoFi) but what a difference. The first picture is a football team, the second a bunch of dingy slobs.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Unique as a primary color scheme, beyond a one-off alternate, yes. Plus, the heavy use of athletic gold the Titans would likely use would make the two plenty different enough.

… And? Just as I imagine the Texans could adopt light blue & red if they really wanted to, I’m sure the Titans could adopt the much more common navy & athletic gold color scheme without a problem.

They'd be paying tribute to a team that they aren't. 

However, the current Titans are doing the same thing. I withdraw my objection, your Honor.😁

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

It's where I sit.