NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

11 hours ago, ruttep said:

This was just posted on the week-by-week thread, but the red helmet with the navy color rush, along with the tweet containing emojis in a significantly lighter shade of blue, must be hinting at something.

Edit: it has been brought to my attention that that is just the standard blue emoji.

Give me this combo with white or red pants and that would be a great new base for a new Texans look. The blue pants make this lame though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, henburg said:

Give me this combo with white or red pants and that would be a great new base for a new Texans look. The blue pants make this lame though.

At least they are in something different besides that goofy navy/navy/navy/navy look they were as a drab monotone garbage.

41 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I yearn for this shade again-

spacer.png

Seriously, why couldn't they just take the new helmet logo, put a Commanders wordmark on the previous uniforms, and call it a day?

spacer.png

spacer.png

These with the Commanders logo on the helmet would've been a great uniform.

• Like 26
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

Seriously, why couldn't they just take the new helmet logo, put a Commanders wordmark on the previous uniforms, and call it a day?

spacer.png

spacer.png

These with the Commanders logo on the helmet would've been a great uniform.

Still don't know why they didn't go with Gold mask and Gold Pants 

• Like 7

The Washington Commanders/Football Team/[Redacted] uniforms should never have changed, as has been said above. Goes to show that, even when he’s out of the picture, Dan Snyder’s stench is still found on the organization.

(BTW, has there been any more news about the new franchise ownership group looking to move away from the Commanders name?)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

The Washington Commanders/Football Team/[Redacted] uniforms should never have changed, as has been said above. Goes to show that, even when he’s out of the picture, Dan Snyder’s stench is still found on the organization.

(BTW, has there been any more news about the new franchise ownership group looking to move away from the Commanders name?)

Nothing more than low level betting sites putting out name prediction odds.

Even if new ownership wanted to change the uniforms, we’re still looking at at least 2 more years of the current set. Sure the 5 year rule resets, but the process takes 18-24 months. This is even if they’ve already had internal branding conversations.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ruttep said:

A bonus of repurposing the WFT look is that it would remove black from the uniforms, undoing the loophole that allows them to wear one of the worst uniforms of all time

spacer.png

I’m actually surprised they’re not as adventurous as the Jets with their black uniform elements…. and I kind of want them to be? Not because I’d think it would look good. I’m just curious to know how bad it would look.

Might as well try out black socks with white jersey and burgundy pants. While they’re at it, swap the burgundy facemask for the black one.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:03 PM, MCM0313 said:

I like their orange jersey, and it has historical precedent, doesn’t it? I feel like they wore orange at some point in the early years. But the orange helmet is absolutely wrong. The navy wishbone-C with a white outline against an orange helmet doesn’t translate well at all. 

Yeah, their colored jerseys tended to be orange in the 30s.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

White facemasks would be great. But what they really need to do is shed the final remaining vestige of the previous era (if they haven't already). They wore this uniform last year and I have no idea if they're supposed to this year:

spacer.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

White facemasks would be great. But what they really need to do is shed the final remaining vestige of the previous era (if they haven't already). They wore this uniform last year and I have no idea if they're supposed to this year:

spacer.png

It was apparently replaced by the throwback since it's being worn 3 times this season. I get the feeling the Brown color rush wasn't liked by the team because ever since introducing it in 2020 it's been worn a total of 3 times and 2021 didn't even have it. Not wearing a uniform the year after you introduce it is pretty much a sign they didn't really like it.

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

It was apparently replaced by the throwback since it's being worn 3 times this season. I get the feeling the Brown color rush wasn't liked by the team because ever since introducing it in 2020 it's been worn a whopping total of two times and 2021 didn't even have it.

Good. The rare mono-color combo that the players don't consider to be 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 3