NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

22 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

How about this from @daveindc

My only gripe is the white helmets should be red, and also the point to where I believe the longhorn logo is finished and they need a new logo that looks better. Also how the stripes follow up similar to Seattle's god awful stripes.

1nzMSsH.jpg

When the Patriots moved to Houston in the mid-80's.....

iq5b7nF.png

14 hours ago, JustABallCoach said:

They do the color already, clearly. The talk was of the Titans objecting to the Texans use of that color. That would cause the Texans to use a different shade of light blue. 

Oh, right. Legal hurdles. 

11 hours ago, GFB said:

I’ve yet to see a Texans concept that’s better than what they have now… Just be careful what you wish for.

I’m worried about that too. I’d like to see the light blue added, but I’m worried they will mess up the look more than fix it. 

In the fan survey I suggested make red the primary and have a separate light blue color Rush. 

That's all I want. Battle red primary. Maybe have the rumored "Bull" uniform be navy ones with red names and numbers. The one game we wore it has to be a preview of what's to come.

I'm thinking the home and road are going to be a little asymmetrical.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

That's a safe assumption seeing the last two Nike rebrands (Washington and Arizona)

You may wanna add the Rams to that, too--at least the bone parts of it, anyway--so really more like last three rebrands.

And this is actually an interesting tangent, because I can think of two teams who had, as @MrAstrodome said, "a little asymmetrical" primary uniform pairings for years. The difference, though, is that I don't think the pre-'04 (?) Minnesota Vikings or pre-2010s UCLA Bruins intended to have nonmatching uniforms. Rather, I think those happened organically:

1191269880.jpeg

gettyimages-72497049.jpg?w=640

1787130.jpg?w=1000

1997-keith-brown-100315-getty-ftr_m2u0ed

UCLA is probably the better example of the two.

The Cardinals themselves pulled off this very thing in the 1970s clear up through about '95 or so, which their current uniforms call back to. I hope, thought, that neither Nike or any of the other suppliers try to make this a thing (i.e. force it) just because of a few historical (and/or bone-colored) outliers...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think us and the Lions are only ones confirmed for next year. Broncos said in July they're in the survey phase so maybe 2025 for them?

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/02/denver-broncos-working-on-new-uniforms/

On 12/18/2023 at 5:46 AM, WBeltz said:

I just listened to this.  The way he worded it, there's going to be a "tribute" to the H-Town blue on the "tough" looking uniform.  So maybe they're keeping the red and navy but also having a black and light blue alt?

• Facepalm 2

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I just listened to this.  The way he worded it, there's going to be a "tribute" to the H-Town blue on the "tough" looking uniform.  So maybe they're keeping the red and navy but also having a black and light blue alt?

🎶

This is not the greatest uniform in the world, no
This is just a tribute
Couldn't get the rights to the greatest uniform in the world, no
No, this is a tribute, oh
To the greatest uniform in the world, alright
It was the greatest uniform in the world, alright
Yeah, it was the best mother:censored:ing uniform
The greatest uniform in the world

🎶

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Taking inspiration from Vanderbilt of all programs is making this harder than it needs to be. The Saints had it right first and lost it. Just go back and match everything. That's all it takes.

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think (?!) the point is that Nike produced thus can produce "gold" fabric that doesn't look like extra-hot washed khaki. Now it's incumbent upon the Saints to adapt the Vanderbilt shades and call it a day.

(All the other black and "gold" Nike college teams should follow suit...)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

But they're saying that the Saints' old gold is too "mustardy" and thus undesirable, or at least less desirable than what Vanderbilt does.

chris-olave-and-landry.jpg

The shade on this jersey looks just fine to me. Even if I didn't know what the Saints uniforms used to look like before they went with champagne/pale beige, I would think "oh, they should have kind of an old gold because New Orleans is old, or you know, like brass, because musical instruments are made of brass." I see the problem with the matte pants, and performance skirts are always a problem, but I like that color better than the copper on Vanderbilt.

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫