College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Going all in on tasteful candy stripes is a no-brainer, so this isn’t ideal for IU but I kind of like this look. 

I like that they finally righted the wrong of just the I on the helmet, it’s a unique helmet stripe and the pants are nice and clean as well, they balance each other nicely. 

The jerseys are pretty boring, and I’m not even wild about black as an accent color, but I still think overall this is a good look. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

4 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

New Indiana Football Uniforms
vmtUCsQ.jpg

AvZ2WlF.jpg

1aN8Ugf.jpg

As an Indiana fan. I hate these. The mismatched fonts, BFBS, and cheap materials are embarrassing.  Indiana's deal with Adidas is notably up at the end of June 2024, could this be a sign of a rocky relationship with Adidas?

I doubt it. I think Tom Allen just loves the throwback look and black accents and made Adidas change the design too late in the process and ended up getting cheaper materials.

I just don’t get the long shirt under the jerseys. Why is that the trend?

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

12 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

It’s a fauxback to the Bill Mallory era. 
5ba432d388dde.image.jpg?format=1500w

Mind you, I know nothing about IU's football history prior to the Randle El brothers, but is that an era worth throwing back to? (Legit curious.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Mind you, I know nothing about IU's football history prior to the Randle El brothers, but is that an era worth throwing back to? (Legit curious.)

It's Indiana football. That's sort of their peak.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

Over the last several months there have been some soft rumors about the Ducks wearing throwbacks this upcoming season, but there hasn’t been any concrete evidence to back those rumors up. Well, we may now have the first real indication that those rumors are true. A recruit posted photos yesterday of his recent visit, and he’s wearing the 1994 throwbacks that were worn in 2014… but with a subtle difference. The pants he’s wearing are Vapor FUSE pants, not the Mach Speed pants that were actually worn in ‘14. You can tell by the integrated padding system, and in some of the other photos on his IG you can see the ventilation pattern and seams.

Is it possible that the EQ staff ordered new pants just so recruits could wear them on visits? I suppose, but not particularly likely with Oregon. I would say this is definitely a sign of things to come, whether that’s 1994 throwbacks again, 1998 throwbacks (last worn in 2009), or a hybrid/fauxback design. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 6/28/2023 at 12:41 PM, upperV03 said:

Over the last several months there have been some soft rumors about the Ducks wearing throwbacks this upcoming season, but there hasn’t been any concrete evidence to back those rumors up. Well, we may now have the first real indication that those rumors are true. A recruit posted photos yesterday of his recent visit, and he’s wearing the 1994 throwbacks that were worn in 2014… but with a subtle difference. The pants he’s wearing are Vapor FUSE pants, not the Mach Speed pants that were actually worn in ‘14. You can tell by the integrated padding system, and in some of the other photos on his IG you can see the ventilation pattern and seams.

Is it possible that the EQ staff ordered new pants just so recruits could wear them on visits? I suppose, but not particularly likely with Oregon. I would say this is definitely a sign of things to come, whether that’s 1994 throwbacks again, 1998 throwbacks (last worn in 2009), or a hybrid/fauxback design. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

spacer.png

Has Oregon done this throwback style with the new green and yellow they use?

51 minutes ago, kyler8105 said:

Has Oregon done this throwback style with the new green and yellow they use?

Nope, not really. The closest the football team has come was in 2017 with these uniforms:

spacer.png

The women’s lacrosse team has come the closest to doing a throwback-type design with the current colors, although the stripe colors are flipped:

spacer.png

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

UCF's new road uniform. I see it lasting a game before the NCAA forces them to add an outline.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuKUh0eOBsf/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I can see that as an intentional “mistake” by Nike so they will talk about it on tv and then again when they get the eventual new ones. Nike had to blah blah blah. They are garbage anyway imo 

KISSwall09.jpg

I'll say this for UCF and that uniform specifically: at least they're using actual brassier metallic gold.

All that said...as much as I've personally always wanted to see what straight gold and white looked like together—which that uniform does give me, for what that's worth—there ain't no way that's gonna fly on the field. It's gonna need the black—well, the jersey numbers will, anyway—for both legibility and readability.

(Did they not learn from Florida State's kerfuffle back in 2015??)

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

How the :censored: does this get off the design board

Fz9xlokWAAAA2mT?format=jpg&name=large
spacer.png

It happens all the Rome and maybe they're using excessive lighting and photoshop. I assume they will break these out at home so if there's an issue they can change real quick. That one company that does all the quick fixes is probably slobbering at the bit right now. 

The fact that the only identifier on the jersey is a small logo on the collar is a big problem.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 7/1/2023 at 2:08 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

UCF's new road uniform. I see it lasting a game before the NCAA forces them to add an outline.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuKUh0eOBsf/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Hey we have a new uniform that is terrible, what should we say?

Black: Blackout, stealth, dark mode

White: Icy white, ice cold, white out, light mode

• Like 2