College Football 2023

Rixaroo

44 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Does anyone know why they went BSN? Like was their deal up and they didn’t have time to get a new supplier immediately? Was it for being able to pick what they wanted? I guess I’m confused why a school that has done pretty well over the last 4ish years is being relegated to having this kind of a uniform issue.

I think it might have to do with UA having $ issues and the school not having leverage. Not 100% sure. Cal is with BSN now too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Does anyone know why they went BSN? Like was their deal up and they didn’t have time to get a new supplier immediately? Was it for being able to pick what they wanted? I guess I’m confused why a school that has done pretty well over the last 4ish years is being relegated to having this kind of a uniform issue.

Quick turnaround after leaving UA. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

He here is a better look at Cincinnati. This looks like a catalog order.

The players have been told that these are placeholder/prototype/“Media Day” uniforms. I do not expect these to be the final product as Cincinnati did not tease them at all before Big 12 Media Day, and I don’t think there’s a college program in the country that could unveil new uniforms without an over-the-top video.  

I expect them to have a more polished product that isn’t just numbers/logos cheaply stitched on. 

If what I’ve heard/expect is wrong… yikes. Those do not look good at all, even if they are placeholders. 

• Like 8

spacer.png

Under Armour canceled their deal with Cincinnati way back in 2020. They paid $10 million to end the deal early.  They had time.

BSN has been growing rapidly lately. They handle a ton of high schools and clearly looking to move up with colleges. I've heard that, at least by one account, they aren't great to work with and cut corners for even high schools, so who knows what this relationship will look like. 

• Like 4

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

First official look at the new Cal Nike uniforms. I'm guessing the full reveal should be within the next couple weeks. Same situation as Cincinnati with the cancelled deal and having a 3 year deal with Nike x BSN 

https://twitter.com/CalFootball/status/1680708611763482625?t=9fs6aKvDUuT-BKEiVtbBMA&s=19

• Like 2

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

19 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Only guess from what Cal shared is that the bottom image might be the pant with Cal script on the hip and a truncated thick stripe running down the side. 

I’m pretty sure that’s a number “1” with the “Cal” wordmark across the chest. Look at that stitching. That stitching is only on numbers

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Mississippi State going with baseball script full time. Sigh. The 2011 helmets were all they ever needed to be. 

Kornheiser_Why.jpg

What was/is so wrong about the M-State logo??? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I

14 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Mississippi State going with baseball script full time. Sigh. The 2011 helmets were all they ever needed to be. 

I like it as an alternate look, but this is a horrible choice for a primary helmet. Sure they are the only school to use the state part of their name in the SEC since LSU literally is only called LSU unless the New York Times is writing about them. But in a sport that features MANY schools with State in their name, I think its silly to just slap the word state on your helmet an expect the casual public to recognize who that is.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Here is the rest of the home uniform. Grey has been removed from the shoulder stripes so what was previously a W-G-W pattern is now W-M-W. The team wordmark has also been removed from above the numbers. The white and grey neck collar has been replaced with maroon. The M-State logo is added to the bottom of the collar which is didnt think was possible with this new Adidas template.

2022 Mississippi State primary uniform

1285158257.jpg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Here is the rest of the home uniform. Grey has been removed from the shoulder stripes so what was previously a W-G-W pattern is now W-M-W. The team wordmark has also been removed from above the numbers. The white and grey neck collar has been replaced with maroon. The M-State logo is added to the bottom of the collar which is didnt think was possible with this new Adidas template.

1285158257.jpg

To be real, that gray was probably the one thing that distinguished them from aTm at a glance. May be an unpopular opinion, but I also think removing the script from the chests was also a mistake.

• Like 10

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, tBBP said:

To be real, that gray was probably the one thing that distinguished them from aTm at a glance. May be an unpopular opinion, but I also think removing the script from the chests was also a mistake.

I figured the grey was Mississippi State's and Adidas's way of trying to make sure A&M and them looked just different enough. I get why it didnt stick around as it just felt unnecessary with their traditional primary look. Now you can tell the two maroon SEC Adidas schools apart by knowing one has white numbers on the sleeves and the other has white stripes. VERY DIFFERENT

Cal Golden Bears new uniforms

Our first look at the new Cal "Nike" uniforms provided by BSN same provider as Cincinnati. They carry over the same shoulder stripes from UA. However the "Cal" script on the chest seems really really low due to the FUSE template.

Overall, I'm impressed. BSN was able to create a unique uniform with custom striping and not just an off-the-shelf Nike template.

LxfIpiX.jpgWiszz8T.jpgxdEnI9p.jpg
wNbYj8S.jpg

Better look at pant stripe:
fSJXZnC.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Rygi13 said:

Our first look at the new Cal "Nike" uniforms provided by BSN same provider as Cincinnati. They carry over the same shoulder stripes from UA. However the "Cal" script on the chest seems really really low due to the FUSE template.

Overall, I'm impressed. BSN was able to create a unique uniform with custom striping and not just an off-the-shelf Nike template.

wNbYj8S.jpg

fSJXZnC.jpg

I'm not really impressed as it's a carbon copy of the previous uniform essentially. I was hoping for an update but I guess they like the Sather stripe 

• Like 4

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Cal looks almost identical to their Under Armour set, which was pretty good. For a BSN/Nike deal, that’s great. Hopefully this is indicative of what that partnership can accomplish for other teams, and less so what we saw from Cincinnati. Cal appears to be going back to a gloss helmet instead of the satin they’ve worn from the last few years.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

1285158257.jpg

Ok, Adidas is knocking their unis out of the park this year. I'm shocked.

1 hour ago, Rygi13 said:

wNbYj8S.jpg

fSJXZnC.jpg

Can someone ELI5 how BSN and Nike worked together? I'm not really following... Nike worked with Cal for the design, they are using the Nike Fuse template... how does BSN factor in - Are they the materials provider?