College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Got a sneak peak of a new Arizona State helmet for the next season, being used in game 6. Unfortunately I have no idea if that will be the first (or only) use of the helmet. I do know that it will feature a black and yellow sparky with a shimmery black and white stripe. No confirmation on the shell color though. The black and yellow color scheme, as well as white outlines, lead me to believe that the shell is going to be either yellow or black. FWIW that particular game hosts the ASU HoF induction for this year, so it may be some kinda tribute to Shaun McDonald, who wore yellow sparky helmets during his time at ASU.

I imagine it'll look something like recoloring sparky from maroon to black and slapping him on the right helmet

wbnQlo3.png

On 7/21/2023 at 4:46 PM, monkeypower said:

Well, all they did was flip the colours of the endzone text.

For a team that has a colour in the name, there's not much of that colour on the field anymore.

Update: The beat guy asked about the field and the response from the Tech official was essentially that it's the primary logo and it's used by all the sports facilities in keeping with brand guidelines. The article is paywalled now, but it kind of sound like the Tech official was saying "what else did you expect us to use?" and nothing to the contrary was ever considered.

IbjBaeE.png

Illinois will reveal *some*thing tomorrow related to the football uniforms. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 7/21/2023 at 5:56 PM, HOOVER said:

adidas uniforms are looking super generic these days; almost like they're subbing out the work to Riddell, because this is what Riddell's high school unis look like.

I think they realize their fans are happier with the standard look than anything flashy. I'm still certain some abomination of black and chrome will still be a thing.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/21/2023 at 7:51 PM, fortunat1 said:

Got a sneak peak of a new Arizona State helmet for the next season, being used in game 6. Unfortunately I have no idea if that will be the first (or only) use of the helmet. I do know that it will feature a black and yellow sparky with a shimmery black and white stripe. No confirmation on the shell color though. The black and yellow color scheme, as well as white outlines, lead me to believe that the shell is going to be either yellow or black. FWIW that particular game hosts the ASU HoF induction for this year, so it may be some kinda tribute to Shaun McDonald, who wore yellow sparky helmets during his time at ASU.

I imagine it'll look something like recoloring sparky from maroon to black and slapping him on the right helmet

wbnQlo3.png

Like Oregon, they have a new helmet on a weekly basis.

spacer.png

On 7/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Or...

spacer.png

State has been allergic to wearing their best options under Mel Tucker. They hardly ever use that beautiful helmet. They also love putting green logos on the green helmet and white logos on the white helmet now. 

• Like 5

Just now, buckeye said:

Illinois continues to Syracuse it up

Yikes. Not what I was expecting and hoping for. Do not get the UCLA stripes. Erase those and they would be great. Now they looks like Syracuse.

12 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Yikes. Not what I was expecting and hoping for. Do not get the UCLA stripes. Erase those and they would be great. Now they looks like Syracuse.

Putting the stripes on the shoulders actually helps to differentiate them from Syracuse along with not coloring the collar. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Putting the stripes on the shoulders actually helps to differentiate them from Syracuse along with not coloring the collar. 

spacer.png

Still way too similar. Single layer numbers (blue on the white jersey) and stripe-less jerseys would look more like Illinois differentiate them from Syracuse.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:26 PM, WSU151 said:

Illinois should be getting new jerseys and I think @29texan had mentioned TCU getting new unis (I think this was last Sept or so). 

Florida State might be changing back to pre-2014 unis (announcement to be made in late summer). 

Vanderbilt might be getting new unis to catch up with their 2022 logo change. 

Illinois just dropped their new uniforms today https://twitter.com/IlliniFootball/status/1683493532886024193

21 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Still way too similar. Single layer numbers (blue on the white jersey) and stripe-less jerseys would look more like Illinois differentiate them from Syracuse.

i love them personally, the UCLA stripes are a little random but it'll grow on me, still think without them it'd be a 10/10 jersey

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Illinois continues to Syracuse it up

23 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

It's Brett Bielema, it was always going to be something safe and bland. I'm just surprised he didn't copy Iowa or Wisconsin. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png