College Football 2023

Rixaroo

I think my biggest issue with these uniforms is that they feel very “team builder”. The last two uniforms had some custom touches like the vertical tonal stripes. The new ones look like a catalog order. The helmet and pants rock, but the jersey really feels so out of place to me. Illinois should be simple, but this is generic.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ChiefIlliniwek13 said:

Illinois just dropped their new uniforms today https://twitter.com/IlliniFootball/status/1683493532886024193

These suck.  They kept the awful number font and made the road uniforms too orange.

Big whiff. 

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

20 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Yeah on their own these are a very good look, but first glance I do see Syracuse. 

I miss the Red Grange stripes

The best they’ve looked in years. Talk about an identity crisis. 

• Like 1
Midway.png

5 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Illinois should essentially look like this forever:spacer.png

spacer.png

The new jerseys suck (The helmet and pants are cool)

I don’t see how this is so hard, but here we are yet again.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Illinois should essentially look like this forever:spacer.png

spacer.png

The new jerseys suck (The helmet and pants are cool)

Agreed! They should just take the Arizona look and make it orange. Maybe add the Block I on the collar too. I like that touch.

yOOtFnz.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just to keep the current Illinijack going, I submit this:

612e6f919c2df.image.jpg?resize=1200,1422

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They do need to do something about those numbers, though...at least the 6 and the 9.

Did they and the Sacramento Kings shop at the same number font store or something??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think if they removed the stripes they’d be sufficient. In all the time I’ve watched Illinois as an Iowa fan is that they were very straightforward. I don’t mind the UCLA stripes, but I think it’s not their thing to wear.

• Like 1

Illinois has looked bad/inconsistent for a while so in spite of them looking too much like Syracuse (and the ILLINOIS look being superior), this is an upgrade. Purely aesthetically it's a really solid set of uniforms. In context, I understand the gripes.

• Like 1

I would greatly appreciate it if Illinois could stop being two years behind Syracuse in creating the same uniform all the friggen time. This has got to be like the 4th time out of the past 5 sets they just took what Nike gave Cuse and slapped the I on it instead of the S, though I guess this time it's the striping pattern a little bit up the shoulder instead of the sleeve

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The shoulder stripes don't feel like Illinois:

Ranking the Syracuse Orange football team's previous uniforms - Troy Nunes  Is An Absolute Magician Image

They could have slapped outlines on the numbers and a matching stripe from the helmet to the pants and that would have gone a long way:

The Fighting Illini have created a "Chasing History" website to promote  running back Chase Brown for postseason awards

Illinois Fighting Illini Bowl Game History (Wins, Appearances and All-Time  Record)

Not perfect, but better than the Syracuse rip-offs

• Like 9

AmPJ0Ty.png 

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

They do need to do something about those numbers, though...at least the 6 and the 9.

Did they and the Sacramento Kings shop at the same number font store or something??

Logo:  block I

Accents:  solid rectangular stripes

Numerals:  goofy rounded modern

twitter

1 hour ago, colinturner95 said:

The shoulder stripes don't feel like Illinois:

Ranking the Syracuse Orange football team's previous uniforms - Troy Nunes  Is An Absolute Magician Image

They could have slapped outlines on the numbers and a matching stripe from the helmet to the pants and that would have gone a long way:

The Fighting Illini have created a "Chasing History" website to promote  running back Chase Brown for postseason awards

Illinois Fighting Illini Bowl Game History (Wins, Appearances and All-Time  Record)

Not perfect, but better than the Syracuse rip-offs

I like the two uniforms on the bottom for the Illini but would want to drop the white from the helmet to match the jersey and pants. (Or add a touch of white as a tertiary color to the uniform.)

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

10 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

To back up my point earlier, those are also Syracuse rip-offs with the number font!

usa_today_9545765.0.jpeg

sure. except for the part where I mentioned adding the helmet stripe to the pants and outlines on the numbers. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png