College Football 2023

Rixaroo

26 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I wondered how long it'd take Iowa to do this. As one whose favorite color growing up was yellow, I love 'em. (And Iowa's custom block number font has aged pretty well IMO...I think they're on their what, sixth or seventh season of those?)

In reality, Iowa needs their normal set, plus black pants, gold jersey and a gold helmet to boot if they really want to mix and match things up. This is a huge step in the right direction, I would say however that the gold jerseys need to be paired with gold pants more so than not.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

In reality, Iowa needs their normal set, plus black pants, gold jersey and a gold helmet to boot if they really want to mix and match things up. This is a huge step in the right direction, I would say however that the gold jerseys need to be paired with gold pants more so than not.

Nah, BGB looks way better than BGG.

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

And the uniforms recognize when they were the Army Air Corps. So yes, Army dress up! 

* Army Air Forces. I believe they had switched names by the time of the Doolittle Raid.

EDIT: Also, the chrome and metallic numbers are a weird tribute because, as far as I can tell, none of the Doolittle Raiders' B-25s were bare metal. They were all army green (as the obverse of their helmet appears to accurately depict). USAAF didn't start leaving planes metal until later in the war, when US war effort was churning out planes and had air superiority in all the theatres anyway.

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 10/20/2023 at 3:14 PM, leopard88 said:

It's meant to mimic the holes in the numbers on the original screen printed jerseys.  I'm not sure why they didn't use that effect on entire surface of the numbers.

spacer.png

Still looks like trash, even then, the holes weren’t that prominent.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Uniform nirvana yesterday for the Ducks:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

After seeing them in action, I can confidently say that these are better than the versions they wore in 2014. The tiny hip logo is the only downside, but otherwise I would say these throwbacks work a lot better on the FUSE template than they did on the Mach Speed. Especially because the chain mail mesh sweat boxes were really apparent on the 2014 jerseys. The other details that make these better than in 2014 is the addition of front and back helmet bumpers and accessories (gloves, sleeves, wristbands) that match the uniform. This is supposed to be the only team these are worn this year. If they somehow make it to the Rose Bowl (which is a CFP semifinal this year) and are the higher seeded team, I could maybe see them bringing these back out since they’re a throwback to the 1994/95 Rose Bowl team.

• Like 12

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I didn't know which thread to post this in, but Texas Tech seems to have announced a switch to Adidas from Under Armour after being visited by Adidas and Nike earlier this football season.

Online scuttlebutt says UA had it in the contract to match any offer but didn't and suggests that Adidas's offer was higher because of Adidas's relationships with Mahomes and PGA golfer Ludvig Aberg who is also a Tech alum. There was also some alleged displeasure with UA from Tech's basketball teams and the track and field team.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

On 10/22/2023 at 8:49 PM, monkeypower said:

Online scuttlebutt says UA had it in the contract to match any offer but didn't and suggests that Adidas's offer was higher because of Adidas's relationships with Mahomes and PGA golfer Ludvig Aberg who is also a Tech alum. There was also some alleged displeasure with UA from Tech's basketball teams and the track and field team.

It sure is funny when other athletic programs at these schools think they have absolutely any say and authority over the football programs.

Football is the money maker and always will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

It sure is funny when other athletic programs at these schools think they have absolutely any say and authority over the football programs.

Football is the money maker and always will be.

College basketball is a huge priority for the shoe companies. Its why programs like UCLA and Kansas get apparel deals well beyond schools that are just strong in football.

But you're right that the track program usually gets no say. At Texas A&M, the track coach was able to negotiate staying with Nike for T&F while the rest of A&M sports are with Adidas as he felt Nike's track shoes were far superior.

• Like 2

Cal is wearing pseudo throwback helmets this week against USC:

spacer.png

This suggests to me that they don’t have the Joe Roth throwbacks this year since it’s the first year of their BSN/Nike deal, and that they’re going with throwback-styled helmets that can go with their regular navy jersey/gold pants combo. 

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1