College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Ohio State going grey this week vs MSU

Marshall with their black tributes to 1970's tragedy

Louisville has new 'Ghost Stories' uniforms that feature glow in the dark details similar to ASU.

Oklahoma going with their anthracite alternates

• Like 3

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

All white with the return of white script helmet for Maryland on Saturday

F-VvDpVbgAAZOoX?format=jpg&name=large

Ah yes, they are debuting this against... Nebraska. Well, it's a solid look, but the wrong team to wear it against. It's almost going to look like a team scrimmage out there. Would have liked to have seen Black/White/Black instead.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ohio State suffering from Detroit Lions syndrome. Wearing an all grey uniform that is no where close to the shade of the helmet.

spacer.png

It matches the pants though. It only doesn't match because you're dealing with two different types of surfaces.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Pre-2023 correct*
spacer.png

Color Codes of Detroit Lions in RGB, CMYK, Pantone and HEX
Color Name RGB Color Code CMYK Color Code Pantone Color Code HEX Color Code
Honolulu Blue (0, 118, 182) (100, 45, 0, 10) PMS 7462 C #0076B6
Silver (176, 183, 188) (3, 0, 0, 32) PMS 8180 C #B0B7BC
Black (0, 0, 0) (0, 0, 0, 100) PMS Black 6 C #000000
White (255, 255, 255) (0, 0, 0, 0) Not Available

#FFFFFF

Color Codes of Ohio State Buckeyes in RGB, CMYK, Pantone and HEX
Scarlet (187, 0, 0) (3, 100, 63, 12) PMS 200 C #BB0000
Gray (102, 102, 102) (56, 47, 47, 15) PMS 424 C #666666
White (255, 255, 255) (0, 0, 0, 0) Not Available #FFFFFF

It's silver vs grey. They shouldn't look like the same colors as the Lions. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:
Color Codes of Detroit Lions in RGB, CMYK, Pantone and HEX
Honolulu Blue (0, 118, 182) (100, 45, 0, 10) PMS 7462 C #0076B6
Silver (176, 183, 188) (3, 0, 0, 32) PMS 8180 C #B0B7BC
White (255, 255, 255) (0, 0, 0, 0) Not Available

#FFFFFF

Color Codes of Ohio State Buckeyes in RGB, CMYK, Pantone and HEX
Scarlet (187, 0, 0) (3, 100, 63, 12) PMS 200 C #BB0000
Gray (102, 102, 102) (56, 47, 47, 15) PMS 424 C #666666
White (255, 255, 255) (0, 0, 0, 0) Not Available #FFFFFF

It's silver vs grey. They shouldn't look like the same colors as the Lions. 

I think he means the use of two grays by Ohio State relative to the use two grays by the Lions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McCall said:

I think he means the use of two grays by Ohio State relative to the use two grays by the Lions.

I think the big problem here is that the Lions jersey is supposed to be silver, but unless you mix in some sparkly materials it will always just look grey.  The grey colors are the same for Ohio State, the difference is that on a non-matte helmet it can appear closer to silver than a grey helmet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The actual biggest problem here is that the Lions have an all-gray alt to begin with...

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Lions were making no attempt to match the grays.  They actually have two different hues of gray in their color scheme. Even on the blue jersey, the numbers are light gray with a dark gray outline. So their alternate jersey isn't supposed to match the helmet. The helmet is supposed to match the lighter gray pants/numbers/stripes of the blue jersey, not the darker gray alt jersey. Sure, it sucks, but not because the grays accidentally don't match... that's on purpose. It sucks because it was/is  a terrible idea.

Ohio State is attempting to use the same gray throughout.  If you don't think it works, that's more a function of the plastic painted helmet gray not looking the same as the fabric jersey/pants gray. 

So it's just another example (of hundreds) where the helmet color and the uniform color read as slightly different. It has absolutely nothing in common with the Lions' mismatch.

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1

20 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Ah yes, they are debuting this against... Nebraska. Well, it's a solid look, but the wrong team to wear it against. It's almost going to look like a team scrimmage out there. Would have liked to have seen Black/White/Black instead.

My thoughts exactly.  I really like these, but it would be better to at least wear the red helmet this week.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

My only gripe with the OSU gray is I wish the numbers had an additional black outline like the helmet and sleeve stripes…and that’s coming from someone who usually hates monochrome and definitely hates that school in general. Their colors are sharp though.

• Like 2
KISSwall09.jpg

I was able to confirm with someone that last week’s chrome & nightmare green uni combo for the Ducks was the original plan for this week but that the players wanted something else. I’m almost positive they just switched last week and this week’s uniforms. This is always one of their better combos and a personal favorite of mine. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1