College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Every time Louisville is on TV I’m stunned at how terrible they look.  It seems like every time they’re wearing something brand new I’ve never seen before and it’s inevitably just as awful as the last thing I saw them wearing.  What a dumpster fire of a visual brand.  

They need to start over with that big goofy bird they have painted at midfield and burn everything that came before. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Every time Louisville is on TV I’m stunned at how terrible they look.  It seems like every time they’re wearing something brand new I’ve never seen before and it’s inevitably just as awful as the last thing I saw them wearing.  What a dumpster fire of a visual brand.  

They need to start over with that big goofy bird they have painted at midfield and burn everything that came before. 

they have been pretty bad most of the time, how do you screw up red, black, and white ? And Cardinals ? Baffling 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Utah is wearing their all-white fauxbacks with white facemasks at Washington. They also wore this look at USC three weeks ago.

spacer.png

The Beavs are wearing camo decals (presumably with their all-black unis) vs. Stanford:

spacer.png

Arizona State is going maroon/white/maroon at UCLA:

spacer.png

Wazzu is going crimson/white/white at Cal:

spacer.png

Cal is going all-navy:

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Louisville just needs to bring back their 90's/early 2000's maybe? look with some modernizing. 

a2330726-a88c-4e83-9f2b-4deeaa9fa083-Red

Fix the stripes some and this is a clean, modern look in today's CFB fashion environment.

136155833-teddy-bridgewater-of-the-louisville-cardinals-drops_crop_exact.jpg?w=2975&h=2048&q=85

I miss the Bridgewater era uniforms. 

• Like 17

AmPJ0Ty.png 

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think their current uniforms, despite being derivative of Oregon, are fine. More or less the best Adidas can do. The ones they replaced were awful, though. Just look at how they slapped the TV numbers on to accommodate those poorly-designed wing stripes.

spacer.png

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

22 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Louisville just needs to bring back their 90's/early 2000's maybe? look with some modernizing. 

Fix the stripes some and this is a clean, modern look in today's CFB fashion environment.

Even mid 2000s Louisville would work.

e2420a5625aa4e2fedd75cf49ee25a16.jpg

north-carolina-tar-heels-v-louisville-ca

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 4

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Beavs are wearing camo decals (presumably with their all-black unis) vs. Stanford:

spacer.png

The Beavers are indeed going all-black, but with new black jerseys that have the camo pattern inside the numbers. They’re otherwise the same as their regular black jerseys. The helmets also have the camo pattern on the front and back bumper decals:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

ASU has such great colors, and such a great helmet decal, yet for some reason, they never seem to look great to me.

When I was a kid and more into college sports, they had the Sparky helmets and at least looked relatively consistent from week-to-week, but I really liked when they put the trident there.  It's just that nothing else seems to work, either because they try too much, have poor mix-and-match combos, or just don't care.

That white/maroon combo posted above isn't bad, but could be a lot better.  I think if i had the keys to redesign one team, even though there's some true trainwrecks that need it more,  I might pick them, just because they have so much great existing stuff to work with.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

52 minutes ago, BBTV said:

ASU has such great colors, and such a great helmet decal, yet for some reason, they never seem to look great to me.

When I was a kid and more into college sports, they had the Sparky helmets and at least looked relatively consistent from week-to-week, but I really liked when they put the trident there.  It's just that nothing else seems to work, either because they try too much, have poor mix-and-match combos, or just don't care.

That white/maroon combo posted above isn't bad, but could be a lot better.  I think if i had the keys to redesign one team, even though there's some true trainwrecks that need it more,  I might pick them, just because they have so much great existing stuff to work with.

I think it’s the details like the face masks/helmet decals, they always look cheap bc they change so frequently/never look cohesive. The logos are always recolored in a way where they never look like the original and kinda like a knockoff. Overall, gross 

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Just for the sake of posting visual aids and because I watched part of this game last night, Wyoming at UNLV was pretty solid:

spacer.png

Do they retract seats at Allegiant Stadium for UNLV games? That endzone wall looks like a bunch of doors in a practice facility.

36 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Do they retract seats at Allegiant Stadium for UNLV games? That endzone wall looks like a bunch of doors in a practice facility.

That's where the Raiders grass enters and exits, they really don't need these stands given attendance which is why they leave that way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

If they had a gold helmet, I believe that the set would pop. More balance and ASU would have the best uniform combination. But I also believe they need to move away from Adidas. I wish us alumni could make that decision and go with Nike or Under Armor