College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Cal is mixing up their normal Joe Roth set with a "hybrid" throwback helmet using their darker navy on the logo with the yellow helmet. This will be the third variation of the yellow helmet they have worn in modern times. 

I wonder if this is a casualty of going back to Nike with BSN Sports handling the Nike stuff.

Previous throwback set for reference

usa_today_10299370.jpg

This follows them also using a yellow helmet for the Stanford game. May see them mix it up more moving forward

11449527.png

• Like 1

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

17 hours ago, Squeezee12 said:

yeah def not one of my favorite combos. Specially with this current uniform template.

I know it’s hard to follow the beautiful uniform that was last week… but this isn’t it..

Yellow/White/Yellow would have been a great follow up, but what do I know lol

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

18 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Yellow/White/Yellow would have been a great follow up, but what do I know lol

spacer.png

spacer.png

They don’t have those yellow helmets with silver wings anymore. I don’t believe they have yellow helmets in the rotation at all this year other than the throwback athletic gold lids. Even if they did have the yellow helmets with black wings that were worn last year, they would not match the white jerseys with apple green numbers at all.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

my second-least favorite combo of Boise State's repertoire: all-orange

#BleedBlue

*Wears all orange...

• LOL 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Stanford is going with an… odd look tomorrow:

Not a fan at all. If the helmets had Cardinal decals and facemasks, they’d be somewhat passable. I believe this will be their first time going white/black/black since 2010:

spacer.png

Arizona State is also going black, finally wearing their stupid glow-in-the-dark unis and pairing them with gold lids:

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

My longstanding complaint of Jacksonville treating the endzones the same as the team’s home stadium continues. It creates a mismatched look when one team is presented with a white wordmark and the other is in team colors.

There have been a few instances they deviated from this. I particularly liked this design. It felt balanced and both team’s colors were equally represented.

spacer.png

This one was quite good, too, but I’d have like it better if Georgia had a black wordmark or perhaps a black endzone with red wordmark. I just like the balance since Florida has both of their primary colors heavily shown. Or Florida could go with a blue endzone with white wordmark outlined in orange.

spacer.png

Anything beats 2020, but that was simply due to covid causing the schedule to get shuffled around. The Jaguars had a game the following day which caused plain endzones and a small midfield logo. I think the Jags always play away the week of the Georgia-Florida game.

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

My longstanding complaint of Jacksonville treating the endzones the same as the team’s home stadium continues. It creates a mismatched look when one team is presented with a white wordmark and the other is in team colors.

There have been a few instances they deviated from this. I particularly liked this design. It felt balanced and both team’s colors were equally represented.

spacer.png

This one was quite good, too, but I’d have like it better if Georgia had a black wordmark or perhaps a black endzone with red wordmark. I just like the balance since Florida has both of their primary colors heavily shown. Or Florida could go with a blue endzone with white wordmark outlined in orange.

spacer.png

Anything beats 2020, but that was simply due to covid causing the schedule to get shuffled around. The Jaguars had a game the following day which caused plain endzones and a small midfield logo. I think the Jags always play away the week of the Georgia-Florida game.

spacer.png

On the bright side, they've mirrored the 2022 increase in the size of the Florida wordmark (beforeafter) so it looks much more cohesive now, even with the different fill colors.

My personal preference would be both endzones fully painted like the second example, but I'd also be fine with either making the Florida wordmark white or the Georgia one red.

ExJworW.png

Looks like my Seminoles are doing the 🧊 ⚪◻️◻️ thing again....

I used to really relish in the fact that Florida State never really got into all this kind of stuff (save for the Unconquered alts, which even Bobby Bowden conceded was just because Nike wanted Florida State to have an all-black uniform) but I get it, alt combos have been a thing for a hot minute now so whateva. That said, I'd probably tolerate the white helmets more if they swapped put the white for gold on that spear decal...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||