College Football 2023

Rixaroo

I know people have posted links of the new WKU Hilltoppers uniforms, but I prefer images myself. I absolutely love this new uniform from head-to-toe as it has everything I love: 

1. Stripes on all parts of the uniform.

2. TV numbers

3. Same facemask for all helmets (no gray)

4. No logo on the shoulders/sleeves

5. Every jersey/pant/helmet will mix and match easily.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 15

spacer.png

I assumed it was Maryland for a good second, based on the template and "Tops" helmet logo.

I guess chrome is still used by teams; I thought that would've been phased out by now.

• Like 1

Washington’s one of those schools that doesn’t need any white on their home uniforms. I wish they’d use this set as a basis—add a purple W (with no white outline) on the helmets and single purple stripe the helmet and the pants and they would look classic. I’m a sucker for rounded art-deco numbers. 

c1684a52694b6cf03b5f2e52f6dac691.jpg

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Washington’s one of those schools that doesn’t need any white on their home uniforms. I wish they’d use this set as a basis—add a purple W (with no white outline) on the helmets and single purple stripe the helmet and the pants and they would look classic. I’m a sucker for rounded art-deco numbers. 

c1684a52694b6cf03b5f2e52f6dac691.jpg

I've often thought the same: this would be a great set to build from. My biggest thing with these is just making sure the purple is very obviously purple. The lighting during that game made it look very blue, and the plain gold helmets obviously made this look like Notre Dame quite a bit. But yes, agreed: add some distinguishing touches here and there, and this would be a nice look for Washington.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 6:59 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

The chrome helmet is terrible.  

While I'm not the biggest fan of chrome helmets, generally, it has been WKU's primary look for 10+ years, and I think just out of being used to it, it doesn't bother me. (How do you like that for a clause-filled, run-on sentence? Haha.)

I would prefer the red and white iteration of Ohio University that they used to be. But I also don't hate the chrome, and the rest of these uniforms are pretty nice. So all-in-all I'd say it's an improvement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

WKU has a great helmet logo with the towel (sounds funny to type that, but I am serious). 

Why go with a Maryland knock off when you have something unique to your brand? 

There was nothing unique with their previous uniforms....plain and boring: spacer.png

On 6/23/2023 at 6:59 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

The chrome helmet is terrible.  

The Hilltoppers have worn them longer than most teams and for me, I've become accustomed to them wearing them. They are not amazing, but they are the best in the NCAA followed by the Kentucky Wildcats chrome. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

I’m a sucker for drop shadow numbers, so I’m a big fan of WKU bringing them on across thier whole set. All in all, I like everything they’re doing from the neck down - the uniforms have this sort of late 90’s vibe to them - but I don’t like the chrome helmet and don’t think they need two white helmets. I’d prefer just the towel logo white helmet, as the “Tops” helmet looks too much like a Maryland helmet to me as well.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m a sucker for drop shadow numbers, so I’m a big fan of WKU bringing them on across thier whole set. All in all, I like everything they’re doing from the neck down - the uniforms have this sort of late 90’s vibe to them - but I don’t like the chrome helmet and don’t think they need two white helmets. I’d prefer just the towel logo white helmet, as the “Tops” helmet looks too much like a Maryland helmet to me as well.

Last year they introduced a helmet with Big Red as the logo. I fully expect them to do it again this season as that is something the students and fan base had been wanting them to do for years. spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

There was nothing unique with their previous uniforms....plain and boring: spacer.png

The Hilltoppers have worn them longer than most teams and for me, I've become accustomed to them wearing them. They are not amazing, but they are the best in the NCAA followed by the Kentucky Wildcats chrome. 

Best chrome helmet in the NCAA = prettiest waitress at Denny’s   

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8

On WKU, both the old & new sets are standard Nike Team fare.  I applaud them for doing the best they can with those restrictions.  

If they retired the chrome helmet for something new that featured Big Red in its place, that’d be a home run.

New Indiana Football Uniforms
vmtUCsQ.jpg

AvZ2WlF.jpg

1aN8Ugf.jpg

As an Indiana fan. I hate these. The mismatched fonts, BFBS, and cheap materials are embarrassing.  Indiana's deal with Adidas is notably up at the end of June 2024, could this be a sign of a rocky relationship with Adidas?

I doubt it. I think Tom Allen just loves the throwback look and black accents and made Adidas change the design too late in the process and ended up getting cheaper materials.

• Like 8
  • Hurl 1

57 minutes ago, Rygi13 said:

New Indiana Football Uniforms
vmtUCsQ.jpg

AvZ2WlF.jpg

1aN8Ugf.jpg

As an Indiana fan. I hate these. The mismatched fonts, BFBS, and cheap materials are embarrassing.  Indiana's deal with Adidas is notably up at the end of June 2024, could this be a sign of a rocky relationship with Adidas?

I doubt it. I think Tom Allen just loves the throwback look and black accents and made Adidas change the design too late in the process and ended up getting cheaper materials.

That's the new primary look? Ugh, I didn't even like those throwbacks. Indiana had a classy, timeless look that didn't need much of anything. This is bad.

• Like 6

Are those supposed to be a relic to the Antwaam Randle El days? (Is that the throwback they're talking about?)

Whatever the case, definite downgrade—but it also seems like this one falls on IU, not their supplier.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Are those supposed to be a relic to the Antwaam Randle El days? (Is that the throwback they're talking about?)

Whatever the case, definite downgrade—but it also seems like this one falls on IU, not their supplier.

It’s a fauxback to the Bill Mallory era. 
5ba432d388dde.image.jpg?format=1500w