2023 MLB Season Thread

Gary

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Impressive that you got all 27 of them to respond on a weekend.

2 hours ago, McCall said:

Must've been their daily retreat at the lake.🤷‍♂️

Football Sunday at the Majestic XII compound. They were drunk and complaining about how much money they'd lost on the Bills - Pats game, but they stepped up when it counted.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Diamondbacks force a game 7. Let's Go! Who knew that both series would go 7 games. Rooting for a DBacks/ Rangers series. Of course with the Diamondbacks winning

Same. An Ohio State fan and a Michigan fan actually agreeing on something. There may be hope for civilization after all. 😎

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

BB52Big.jpg

47 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

so assuming the current score holds, which it probably will, this means that the Astros have been involved in the only two 7-game series to have the road team win every game, and that they've also lost both. god, that's weird.

This should happen more often, as it's amazing.

I'm so happy Bochy is going back to the series! It's sending an important wake-up call to the Giants' front office.

• Like 1

Just now, Germanshepherd said:

Shoutout to the billionaires who aren’t cheap. Must be nice. 

TBH, with the Cowboys likely to disappoint in the playoffs, the Mavericks probably self destructing mid season with Kyrie Irving and the Stars likely falling short in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, DFW needs this and the hope is that they can finish it this time.   

• LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Unocal said:

If an 84 win team with a negative run differential makes it 2 straight years a 6 seed that never would have made the playoffs makes the WS.......... what are we doing here?

7 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

As a fan of first time world champions, I am rooting for the Rangers, despite the fact that I am a Bryce Harper fan.  

ALRIGHT I GET IT

ALRIGHTIGETIT.png?ex=6549b430&is=65373f3

• Applause 1

53Ocz8U.png

13 minutes ago, Unocal said:

If an 84 win team with a negative run differential makes it 2 straight years a 6 seed that never would have made the playoffs makes the WS.......... what are we doing here?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Well that was an enlightening take that in no way is a terrible one.

56 minutes ago, Unocal said:

Any chance you can shut the :censored: up about playoff seeding? Asking for pretty much everyone in this thread.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

BB52Big.jpg

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

As a fan of first time champions, I am rooting for the Rangers, despite the fact that I am a Bryce Harper fan.  I enjoyed the NBA Finals and the Stanley Cup Finals this year because we got first time champions.  

You do know the Phillies haven't advanced and the Diamondbacks are still alive, right?

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

so assuming the current score holds, which it probably will, this means that the Astros have been involved in the only two 7-game series to have the road team win every game, and that they've also lost both. god, that's weird.

83n5tx.jpg

I thought 2019 was so weird and now I'm astounded and amused that it's happened again. 

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 hours ago, Unocal said:

We're watching baseball. I don't know what you're doing here. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Bruce Bochy was a surprise hire, but it was a good hire at the end, no matter what happens in the World Series.  He should win AL Manager of the Year

I think that's voted on at the close of the regular season so I'd suspect Brandon Hyde will win. That said, Bochy may be second and if he does win, I will have no problem with it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)