On 3/15/2023 at 12:41 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Thanks for the info about the blue color and the Green Monsters look really cool

On 3/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, johne9109 said:

I like it. It's so Boston yet not Boston that it just works. I understand using Wally's green over the green monster green and agree it works better here. I LOVE the logo!

Thanks!

On 3/16/2023 at 10:05 AM, stumpygremlin said:

Why not just "Monsters?"

Not a bad idea! Here's how that would look:

Green-Monsters-Home-w-Monsters-script.pn

Let's finish off the week with the final NL team in the series, the Colorado Trikes!

TRIKES HOME:
Trikes-Home.png

TRIKES ROAD:

Trikes-Road-flipped-numbers.png

TRIKES HOME/ROAD ALT:
Trikes-Alt.png

Notes:

- Dinger the Triceratops was chosen as Colorado's mascot due to the prevalence of dinosaur fossils found throughout the region. Shoutout to @Carolingian Steamroller for the name suggestion!

- The split-style font for the script is, appropriately enough, called "Dinger." 
- Dinger is often rendered in a much lighter shade of purple than the one the Rockies actually use, so I went with a double purple color scheme for the Trikes, with lavender replacing black. 

- A smiling Dinger, in the vein of the Orioles' cartoon bird or Mr. Redlegs, appears on the sleeve. 

Hope you're happy with how these turned out, @DTConcepts. C&C appreciated! 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Colorado Trikes 3/17)
14 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Lovely job for the Rockies! I think the font works perfectly with the two shades of purple. Also, what's not to love about an all-vest set?!

Thank you!

Up today are Texas Mustangs!

MUSTANGS HOME:

spacer.png

MUSTANGS ROAD:

spacer.png

MUSTANGS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

MUSTANGS HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

Notes:

- The Rangers mascot is a palomino horse with a really dumb name—“Rangers Captain.” Since “Palominos” is too long and unwieldy, I settled on “Mustangs,” which evokes speed, strength and beauty.

- The "Mustangs" script comes from the Billings Mustangs, a minor league team from the 1960s. 

- Rust and black replace blue and red, giving the team a bit of a Texas Longhorns look.

- The horse is re-purposed from this Charlotte Knights logo, recolored with a white mane to better resemble a Palomino.

C&C appreciated as always! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Texas Mustangs 3/19)
6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thank you!

Up today are Texas Mustangs!

MUSTANGS HOME;

spacer.png

MUSTANGS ROAD:

spacer.png

MUSTANGS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

MUSTANGS HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

Notes:

- The Rangers mascot is a palomino horse with a really dumb name—“Rangers Captain.” Since Palominos is too long and unwieldy a name, I settled on “Mustangs,” which evokes, speed, strength and beauty.

- Rust and black replace blue and red, giving the team a bit of a Texas Longhorns look.

- The horse is re-purposed from this Charlotte Knights logo, recolored with a blonde mane to resemble a Palomino.

C&C appreciated as always! 

This is the biggest departure for the team but it works so well. Great job

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Dang, I never realized until today how much I want the Rockies to go with two shades of purple. I love that. Also, that Mustangs cursive script is awesome and I love their color scheme. 

I'm not sure about the Monsters, though, especially when it comes to the blue pants. I'd suggest making the brim of the hat green, the front panel that shade of blue, and keeping the "B" as is, like you have in the Green Monster logo. I would also scrap the number on the front as I really like that the Red Sox don't have one.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 6:37 PM, johne9109 said:

This is the biggest departure for the team but it works so well. Great job

Thanks!

On 3/19/2023 at 7:30 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

The Trikes look like the main character's team in a kid's movie about baseball

Haha! Well, given the premise of this series, I'll take it. 

On 3/20/2023 at 12:09 PM, Megildur said:

Dang, I never realized until today how much I want the Rockies to go with two shades of purple. I love that. Also, that Mustangs cursive script is awesome and I love their color scheme. 

I'm not sure about the Monsters, though, especially when it comes to the blue pants. I'd suggest making the brim of the hat green, the front panel that shade of blue, and keeping the "B" as is, like you have in the Green Monster logo. I would also scrap the number on the front as I really like that the Red Sox don't have one.

Thanks for the feedback! Here are the Green Monsters with your suggested tweaks:

Green-Monsters-Home-white-pants.png

Green-Monsters-Alt-w-white-pants.png

I feel like my original version has more personality, but to each his own.

Next up are the Chicago Southpaws!

SOUTHPAWS HOME:

Southpaws-Home-1983-style.png

SOUTHPAWS ROAD:

Southpaws-Road-w-underscored-script.png

SOUTHPAWS HOME ALT:

Southpaws-Home-Alt-w-underscored-script.

SOUTHPAWS ROAD ALT:

Southpaws-Road-Alt.png

Notes:

- Ask any South Sider what Southpaw is supposed to be, and I doubt you'll get a single convincing answer. He appears to be a furry dragon of some kind, but don't ask me why he's the mascot of a team called the "White Sox."

- I leaned heavily into Southpaw's green color for this one, which would give the Southside Irish a color scheme they'd love rooting for. 

- The White Sox have historically only seldomly worn their full team name on their jerseys, so I maintained that tradition here, shortening the name to "Paws" on the 1983-inspired home and road alt. 

- Since "Southpaw" also is a term for a lefthander, I reworked the Sox' batterman logo into a lefthanded pitcher. 

C&C appreciated! Only a few teams left. 

• Like 7

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Chicago Southpaws 3/21)
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks!

Haha! Well, given the premise of this series, I'll take it. 

Thanks for the feedback! Here are the Green Monsters with your suggested tweaks:

Next up are the Chicago Southpaws!

SOUTHPAWS HOME:

Southpaws-Home-1983-style.png

SOUTHPAWS ROAD:

Southpaws-Road-w-underscored-script.png

SOUTHPAWS HOME ALT:

Southpaws-Home-Alt-w-underscored-script.

SOUTHPAWS ROAD ALT:

Southpaws-Road-Alt.png

Notes:

- Ask any South Sider what Southpaw is supposed to be, and I doubt you'll get a convincing answer. He appears to be a furry dragon of some kind, but don't ask me why he's the mascot of a team called the "White Sox."

- I leaned into Southpaw's green color for this one, which would give the Southside Irish a color scheme they'd love rooting for. 

- The White Sox have historically only seldomly worn their full team name on their jerseys, so I maintained that tradition here, shortening the name to "Paws" on the home and road alt. 

- Since "Southpaw" also is a term for a lefthander, I repurposed the Sox' batterman logo into a lefthanded pitcher. 

C&C appreciated! Only a few teams left. 

Looks also like a dinosaur to me

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Your original definitely does have more personality. This is definitely less mascot-based and more Red Sox-based, but I think the hat is a big improvement regardless. Thanks for putting this together!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Looks also like a dinosaur to me

Yeah, I can definitely see that.

On 3/22/2023 at 11:27 AM, Megildur said:

Your original definitely does have more personality. This is definitely less mascot-based and more Red Sox-based, but I think the hat is a big improvement regardless. Thanks for putting this together!

Thanks, and no problem!

Up today are the Los Angeles Koalas!

KOALAS HOME:
Koalas-Home-no-outlines.png

KOALAS ROAD:

Koalas-Road.png

KOALAS HOME ALT:
Koalas-Alt-no-outlines.png

Notes:

- Ok, here's where I sort of stretch the premise of the series a bit. The Dodgers have never had an actual mascot, but in the 1980s, the team's kids fan club was symbolized by a cute Koala cub, which I also used for the sleeve design. 

- With this being a Dodgers inspired concept, I couldn't not use blue in some capacity, so dark brown is paired with baby blue, in my opinion a very underrated color combo. This also gave me an excuse to finally squeeze in a powder blue road set in this series. 

- The thick T-bars and pant stripes (and powder blue base) are inspired by this short-lived Brooklyn Dodgers look from 1944.

C&C appreciated! One more team left, but that's always subject to change. 😉

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Los Angles Koalas 3/23)
  • coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Los Angeles Koalas 3/23)

^^^^ read the notes under the concept, man

I think this is interesting, but would love to see your Koala in regular Dodgers colors. I guess what i'm picturing is similar to the CounterClocks logos.  I feel like you can still be creative and add more of that deep grey to the concept, kind of like a New York Giants look. 
64026c567d01f793f80f2442-counterclocks-b

7 hours ago, raysox said:

I think this is interesting, but would love to see your Koala in regular Dodgers colors. I guess what i'm picturing is similar to the CounterClocks logos.  I feel like you can still be creative and add more of that deep grey to the concept, kind of like a New York Giants look. 
64026c567d01f793f80f2442-counterclocks-b

Thanks for the feedback! Just to clarify, are you suggesting the concept be mainly blue with red and dark gray as secondary colors, like this?

spacer.png

6 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Is the last team Tampa Bay?

Oh yeah, I forgot the Rays have that goofy kitten mascot. They do, however, also have a stingray mascot, which is why I didn’t think to do them. So the answer is no, I have a different team planned, but they are in the AL.

Caught up with this. Love the Mustangs and 80s Southpaws in particular.

For the Dodgers, one of their former unofficial names back in Brooklyn was the Robins. You could use that as a de facto mascot and have them in robin bird colors (similar to the Orioles, only with a lighter grey/purple instead of black and a yellow bill on the cap to symbolize the robin's yellow beak).

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 8:38 AM, raysox said:

No I think mainly blue, but with a fair amount of red and grey mixed in as so to not look like a Dodgers clone. 

new-york-giants-arent-good-but-theyre-no

Thanks! I'll work on an updated Koalas set after I finish the series.

On 3/24/2023 at 11:44 AM, Coiler said:

Caught up with this. Love the Mustangs and 80s Southpaws in particular.

For the Dodgers, one of their former unofficial names back in Brooklyn was the Robins. You could use that as a de facto mascot and have them in robin bird colors (similar to the Orioles, only with a lighter grey/purple instead of black and a yellow bill on the cap to symbolize the robin's yellow beak).

Thanks! I didn't even think to use the "Robins" nickname but it's a great idea. And I think I could actually keep the baby blue from the Koalas, given the distinctive color of robin's eggs

Before posting the (likely) final team in the series, I decided to do a little housekeeping. First up is an updated take on the Oakland Elephants:

ELEPHANTS HOME:

Elephants-Home-gray-white-cap.png

ELEPHANTS ROAD:

Elephants-Road-gray-black-black-scripts.

ELEPHANTS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Elephants-Road-Alt-gray-black.png

Notes:

- As @Coiler fairly observed, my original Elephants concept wasn't a huge departure from the A's, at least in terms of colors. Here, gray and black replace green and gold, which are more elephant-like and would've also given the team some nice visual synergy with the local Raiders before they left for Vegas.  

- With gray being the base of the road uniform, this version only has one alternate, which could be worn both at home and away. 

And as @VampyrRabbit requested, here are the Phanatics with racing stripes:

PHANATICS HOME:

Phanatics-Home-w-pins.png

PHANATICS ROAD:

Phanatics-Road-w-racing-stripes.png

I didn't include the alts, since racing stripes only really work if the jersey and pants are matching colors.

C&C appreciated! The next team will be up soon. 

• Like 4

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Elephants & Phanatics Updates 3/25)

I think the Phanatics set with the racing stripes looks great! Nice update.

The colour tweak for the Elpehants works nicely, not only because it matches the Raiders' scheme, but also because the grey suits the team (nick)name 👌🏻

As for the LA Koalas, I'm going to be straight: I'm a sucker for brown + (powder) blue! For me it's such an amazing yet under used combination. Amazing work with the home wordmark, BTW! It looks like the real deal.

• Love 1