2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Oilers HC jersey is great, but those pants and gloves look totally out of place and making them the same shade of blue as the jersey would have been a much better bet.

But the Edmonton Mercurys wore canvas gloves and breezers right? The Oilers set is trying to go for that 40’s-50’s aesthetic, and the canvas gear works really well for that. It probably would have been fine with blue, but the canvas color doesn’t look out of place for an aesthetic that actually had that. 

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

54 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

But the Edmonton Mercurys wore canvas gloves and breezers right? The Oilers set is trying to go for that 40’s-50’s aesthetic, and the canvas gear works really well for that. It probably would have been fine with blue, but the canvas color doesn’t look out of place for an aesthetic that actually had that. 

I think the gloves for the Mercs were canvas, but not sure about the colour of the Breezers.
original.jpg?1326710786&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=08fa478221ef5bb033d851a7aacf0fa6e88f3cd14e78c73498c05b4f542c6a88&ipo=images

original.jpg?1377224206&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8381eb7039bc7816887db2baaaf6d03a86ea3cbe352c69ab872142caaac8657e&ipo=images

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rygi13 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I find it interesting that the Jets' and Bruins' new jerseys have the old Adidas logo (with the wordmark). All of the reverse retro unis had the new wordmarkless logo.

I don't know why it's so interesting because none of those jerseys are Reverse Retros and all regular NHL jerseys have the logo w/wordmark.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I don't know why it's so interesting because none of those jerseys are Reverse Retros and all regular NHL jerseys have the logo w/wordmark.

I heard some talk last year though about how Adidas wanted to transition to the word-less logo eventually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, henburg said:

Adidas has begun transitioning to the wordmark-less logo, this can be seen on all of their new soccer shirts as well. I guess since the contract expires after this season, they're simply opting to leave it alone.

Yeah, no point in making new jerseys for all 32 teams just to remove a wordmark if said jerseys are getting mothballed in a year. These new jerseys have the wordmarked logo to match existing ones.

IbjBaeE.png

12 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

Why does the Adidas version on Flames HC jersey dont have a patch, but Oilers does. The Flames HC fanatics ones does

10280338-HC23PrimegreenJersey_Front.jpg?v=1695688774&width=1800

OSC FLAMES CREAM 10 JONATHAN H OSC 2023 NHL HERITAGE CLASSIC PREMIER JERSEYS JERYTHHKC

Edmonton-Oilers-adidas-2023-Heritage-Classic-Jersey-Blank-_2.jpg?v=1695690122&width=1800

Likely Fanatics once again showcasing their keen attention to detail.

On 9/26/2023 at 6:16 AM, Digby said:

I really thought they were going to use standard Bruins yellow but work in some metallic shiny thread to make it sparkle in the light. Alas.

On 9/25/2023 at 8:50 PM, fouhy12 said:

Got our first look at the Bruins centennial jerseys on the ice on Sunday, and it went exactly as I expected it would. In still images, these uniforms look really good. The gold pops nicely, and it clearly looks like the Bruins despite the differences. On TV, though, the gold gets super washed out and it looks more like a franchise whose colors are black and silver than black and yellow. This is one of the issues unique to hockey, too. Football, baseball, and basketball are played on a backdrop with a more neutral brightness, while hockey is on a white background that washes out colors on TV. So, when you swap out yellow for metallic gold on small stripes, it really makes a difference. 

The new logo at center ice does look awesome, though. But why is the centennial logo only on one of the shoulders? 

Bruins notebook: What we learned in first preseason game of 2023 season

Brandon Bussi sits on the ice in his crease as he watches a puck spin away from the net as Reilly Walsh looks on.Matthew Poitras shouts as he hugs Reilly Walsh after scoring a power-play goal in the preseason opener vs. the Rangers.

The white numbers really look out of place too. They could have made the metallic gold sit better if they just didn't do something so non-bruins. I fear for the future. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

Please, Rangers, PLEASE keep your jerseys ad-free. With the layout of the diagonal letters, the ad would look way, way worse than it does on any other team.

By the way, does anyone know why the nhluniforms.com site is down?

That's an interesting case. Where would they put the ads on the jersey that doesn't have a traditional crest? Obviously, it would look cluttered if it's just the normal placement, but would putting it at the shoulder area work?

I'm only saying this because inevitably the Rangers will get an ad patch somewhere done the line. Really, we just don't know when.

21 hours ago, ruttep said:

The metallic gold actually makes the yellow on the center ice logo look out of place imo. I just don't understand some of the choices they made with this centennial uniform.

Yeah, I don't understand why they unveiled a brand new logo for the centennial, but it doesn't actually match the logo on the centennial jersey. Either use the classic yellow on the jerseys, or use the metallic gold on the logo.