2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

12 hours ago, maz said:

They're definitely up there. Especially on the road. On a white, black, and gold uniform, you have a red and blue logo on the chest and a huge green logo on the helmet. Now, on the home uni, the chest ad is on par with a lot of teams out there with clashing chest ads. And the helmet ad matches in color and even has a penguin in it, but having the words "BOLD Penguin" feels corny as hell, even if it is an actual company (based in a division rival's city). Even then, I could at least attempt to tolerate it, if they didn't make both helmet ads MASSIVE.

I love this team, but everything about them off the ice has felt so stale, bland, and corporate-focus-group for years. Boring social media, lame in-game presentation, a sickening abundance of advertising and sponsorship activations everywhere you look in the arena - and this goes back years before COVID. I mean, know it's happening everywhere to some degree, but as soon as the NHL announced uni ads I knew the Pens would be one of the first to jump on and make a mess of it like they have. And yet, across town, the team owned by notorious cheapskate Bob Nutting has resisted uni ads for an entire season.

I've been holding that rant in for a long time.

All of this. Not to mention the boring bland scorebug.

FSG buying this team has been horrible, and I hate it, but like you said it goes way beyond and before them.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I think I know my issue with the current black Carolina Hurricanes jersey.  The logo is now accurate with two flags, but its too vertical.  It needs some horizontal balance, like the triangle that was there before.

To add to the critique of the black jersey, I don't know why the shoulder yoke is that grey color -- it doesn't appear anywhere else. If they want to include a shoulder yoke, I wonder if making it red would be better.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I really hope this is just the stadium series jersey

I like the inside of the collar paying tribute to the New York City Subway (it's made to look like the tiles on the walls of subway stations). Don't like anything else about it. Why is there a royal blue stripe on a navy blue base? (It's below the white stripe on the bottom right picture, it's barely visible)

This would be the first Rangers jersey to feature the primary crest since these 70s disasters:

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

I like the inside of the collar paying tribute to the New York City Subway (it's made to look like the tiles on the walls of subway stations). Don't like anything else about it. Why is there a royal blue stripe on a navy blue base? (It's below the white stripe on the bottom right picture, it's barely visible)

This would be the first Rangers jersey to feature the primary crest since these 70s disasters:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It could be subway walls, but I immediately got MSG roof tile vibes… spacer.png

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

This Rangers jersey has got to be up there with the Turd Burger, the black Islanders script and the Devil's current third "Jersey" as one of the most unapologetically hideous alternate designs in recent memory...  This abomination, and I do not use that term lightly, is not fit for a minor league team let alone an Original Six franchise.

What was the goal here?  To take the most universally loathed uniform in Rangers history and make it exponentially worse?   Using any of the three Liberty designs would have been a better direction to take.  Absolutely hate it!

J8uDCf5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

Previous Twitter link died, hopefully this one stays up

Even for a supposed Stadium Series jersey, I find it hard to think it passed through the design phase. The sleeve stripes are too much and too thin, and the whole thing feels like separate projects mashed into one, with no connection whatsoever.

6 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Using any of the three Liberty designs would have been a better direction to take.

Or bring back this:

New-York-Rangers-2018-Winter-Classic-Jer

Whatever that new sweater is, it doesn't look good. Why there is no connection between sleeves and hem? Blue on sleeves make sense, because creates fading effect, but on hem blue is forced. Whole sleeves design imo fits better to Blackhawks (reminds of digital six) than Rangers.

4r2eer.png

21 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I think I know my issue with the current black Carolina Hurricanes jersey.  The logo is now accurate with two flags, but its too vertical.  It needs some horizontal balance, like the triangle that was there before.

That was the obvious problem that logo had from the second I saw it. It's always looked dumb to me. Not to mention it's a weird logo in that its a ratty flag pole. It's just not nice to look at.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.