2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

21 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

F3mmu9oXkAAHzJs?format=jpg&name=large

City edition jerseys debuting on november 3rd.

I guess it's fitting to have teams look unrecognizable when they win this pointless tournament. They really aren't trying to fight the gimmicky nature of the whole thing.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:51 PM, SantosD_ said:

City edition jerseys debuting on november 3rd.

So I assume 1st November is gonna be release day just like in 2021. The question is, is that mean no NBA Cup uniforms or they prepare them for knockout phase only?

4r2eer.png

The rule of City uniforms is that everyone will do a "graffiti" looking one at some point.

I have to say I like what Miami did with the Vice look and Brooklyn did with the Basquiat (Though I still find the Basquiat jersey concept gross), and treating the City program as a chance to do related things with different changes over the course of a few years. Hope more teams try that rather than grasp at straws for something new every year. I think the Celtics could do a few more variations on that script logo/Futura numbers/green and gold look they had last year for the Russell tribute jerseys, Denver could play with that train station thing in a few more colors, etc.

Boston's schedule release video involved embroidering a bunch of hats with a bunch of alternate logos inspired by (but very unofficial) for the other teams in the league, then embroidered for the video itself. I have to say I'm surprised they were allowed to do this sort of thing, sorta legitimizing that off-brand merch that tiptoes up to the lines of copyright rules. And a bunch of Yupoong snapbacks instead of New Era??

https://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar-081723-celtics-team-with-local-print-shop-artist-to-create-schedule-release-video

• Like 1

The N looks silly placed like that.  Stands out way too much.  Would look much better if it was lowered and the letters in a standard arch rather than angled like that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

F32KyUNWUAACh6c?format=jpg&name=medium

With those colors it look like a nod to unusued rebrand from 1996.

1 hour ago, ChiharuShiba said:

Nod to early days in LA, so shorts should be again in same design as their last City.

29 minutes ago, Digby said:

Boston's schedule release video involved embroidering a bunch of hats with a bunch of alternate logos inspired by (but very unofficial) for the other teams in the league, then embroidered for the video itself. I have to say I'm surprised they were allowed to do this sort of thing, sorta legitimizing that off-brand merch that tiptoes up to the lines of copyright rules. And a bunch of Yupoong snapbacks instead of New Era??

https://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar-081723-celtics-team-with-local-print-shop-artist-to-create-schedule-release-video

Love the idea, I'd like to grab Golden State, San Antonio and Phoenix snapback.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, ChiharuShiba said:

This is certainly a choice. Putting the entire 60's logo on the front is an interesting move. 

What's funny is that it's not the actual Lakers logo from back when they were a blue team, there's been several variations going around but no clear cut defined logo for the Pre-Forum years, it's very strange considering they are one of the biggest NBA teams.

This is what the site here has:

los_angeles_lakers_logo_primary_1961_spo

Is that the real logo? I don't know but Chris Creamer recently updated it to that.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

Lifelong Lakers fan here, this is pretty good, different enough from the usuals but clearly rooted in team history, nothing outrageous. Don't mind the black, at this point having a black alt is normal for them. Just wish they'd make the purple jersey look the way it should, the black alt should be the only place they use black. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, SCL said:

Well aware but not to this degree, true ocassional alternate status.

These all happened before LeBron got to LA:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And yes I’m aware that the Lakers brought back the Mamba uniforms in the bubble due to Kobe’s passing, but they were originally worn the season before Bron got there.

In addition, both of these would’ve been designed 18+ months before LeBron decided to sign for the Lakers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

But yeah, the black must be because of LeBron.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As always Lakers have break on back of the collar.

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

los_angeles_lakers_logo_primary_1961_spo

Is that the real logo? I don't know but Chris Creamer recently updated it to that.

First time that I see this logo, would like to know where Chris or someone else find it and what's a story behind it, because 2K always use a triangle one which was also used on 21/22 City and will be use now. There is also that infamous Giraffe logo which could be seen on Lakers merch and trading cards from 60's.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png