2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

4 hours ago, Tore said:

Was just about to post it! A tribute to basketball and James Naismith. 

"We really wanted to pay tribute to basketball with [this basketball uniform]. We thought about it, and realized on the whole, basketball is pretty great and we're in favor of it." 

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, CitizenTino said:

Cavs city edition unveiled at a season ticket holder event tonight. It’s a collab with the Playhouse Square theater district down the street from the arena.

Horrible. 

does anyone in Cleveland actually call it “The Land” ? I’ve never been there 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bushy said:

Horrible. 

does anyone in Cleveland actually call it “The Land” ? I’ve never been there 

This has been covered before, but that's been a thing there since at least the early '90s, maybe even before then...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Boston is going to reveal the city jersey soon i think, they posted some details on instagram. I was looking through the comments, many don't like them, especially comparing it to last year's "masterpiece", i swear some comments talks about the Russell tribute as a masterpiece, i was thinking maybe it's unpopular but, am i the only one who think it's not that good the Russell tribute jersey? especially considering it's a tribute to a legend of the game.

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

392779735_902617651227325_8650103261810369062_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=jPliD0KVRs4AX8aIz8X&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=00_AfBAQ0WftGU2lxZaAn7jnpA2SbsNbyEhaMcLxrIq4gKYoQ&oe=65368FCB

392921392_902617671227323_6715831317783817521_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=TMXlpat5QiMAX-LzYRP&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=00_AfCxh3oyqoIG4576vCMyswuLhQ7DU7Ft8kdWn0cJvKP1GQ&oe=6534EC5A

Now this...this I like. Actually I LOVE it. Which makes it a crying shame it'll only be around for a year. 

This would make a great Hardwood Classics edition uniform...if the NBA still did that. Unfortunately—and I will acknowledge this—they and Nike have hit a masterstroke of merchandising dollars with all these yearly alternates, so we won't get to see this look last. For shame...

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It doesn't look terrible (reserving judgement until I can see all the details), but it just blends in with all the other minimalist crap Nike/NBA is putting out for alternate jerseys recently.

Also - why only emphasize the "BROTHERLY"? That just looks awkward

EDIT - After seeing the entire release, I give these an 8/10. They are minimalist-ish, but the details are a cool representation of Reading Terminal Market.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

its becoming more and more apparent that this year's city edition jerseys are mostly all in black/navy or a color that a team already frequently wears (hornets teal, suns purple, cavs maroon, and ill even count bucks blue since theyve worn blue for long enough.) the only out of the box jerseys in terms of color are blue for the kings and full on gold for the raptors. but even then we know they've had those colors in their arsenal. raptors especially.  is nike just trying to save some money this year? 

• Like 1