2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Idk, I don’t think we can really compare those international jerseys (worn for exhibitions only) with the total brand-departure jerseys that are worn for 20 percent of a season now. The contexts here are huge. 

And even then they biggest changes are a color swap of the side panels, and possibly a thickening of some stripes. Not completely different uniforms where they don’t look like they belong to the same team

54 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Back when the Jazz were polling fans on new colors, I suggested that Ryan Smith  had the hubris to ignore fans and fight to keep the black and yellow.

The longer this guy sticks around, the more he's going to become the Mormon Vivek. But ironically with less purple. Good luck Jazz fans.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Back when the Jazz were polling fans on new colors, I suggested that Ryan Smith  had the hubris to ignore fans and fight to keep the black and yellow.
So it begins...
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2023/10/25/purple-or-black-utah-jazz-owner/

we have six jerseys this year, especially with the in-season tournament

17 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

So it begins...
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2023/10/25/purple-or-black-utah-jazz-owner/

I'd suggest him to confuse DWade mom even more and instead of sticking with black-yellow or return to purple just change it to Red-Teal-Vegas Gold and add another colors to Jazz palette. ;)

4r2eer.png

I got a bad feeling the empty half of the baseline was ruined by having Michelob Ultra slap their logo over there during the Finals. Now it looks like their court-side sponsorship is gonna be there for all nationally televised games. Not sure how it would work for a team like the Grizzlies, who have the team name running from end-to-end though.

Edit: oh...this really is a thing now. No doubt about it. MU was on the courts of Milwaukee and the Lakers on Thursday night. I swear, we can't have nice things because ads need to be everywhere, even when it comes to these games on ESPN/ABC and TNT.

• Hurl 1
  • Hate 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 10/25/2023 at 2:53 AM, pepis21 said:

That OKC was a 75th Remix too.

Lives on , because he is right and if he isnt't then remind me who's won Mavs-Real game?

Luka Doncic scored 9 points in 5 minutes and Kyrie Irving didn't play. The Mavericks would've won by 30 if both played a full game.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

49 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Luka Doncic scored 9 points in 5 minutes and Kyrie Irving didn't play. The Mavericks would've won by 30 if both played a full game.

Who cares about Kyrie and Luka if it's still the best league in the world with the best players in the world. Mavs should've won easily even without them.

Anyway I'd strongly recommend to watch some EuroLeague games, is really enjoyment, maybe even more than NBA nowadays. Today there is El Clasico, good game to start.

4r2eer.png

6 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Who cares about Kyrie and Luka if it's still the best league in the world with the best players in the world. Mavs should've won easily even without them.

Anyway I'd strongly recommend to watch some EuroLeague games, is really enjoyment, maybe even more than NBA nowadays. Today there is El Clasico, good game to start.

It was a preseason game, it didn't matter to anyone on the Mavericks outside of like 4 players who were trying to not get cut from the roster. I'm not saying that euroball isn't enjoyable, but it's disingenuous to use a preseason game to insinuate that a euroball team would ever even come remotely close to the NBA Finals.

• Like 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

13 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

EuroLeague has an improved talent level and it can be argued their rules are smarter/better enforced for a more watchable product.

That said, there's no reason to put any weight in an exhibition game. The fact that the stars barely played showed the level of intensity the entire team was at. 

On 10/25/2023 at 1:04 AM, Old School Fool said:

People talk about how weird NBA uniforms are now but I'm remembering that this dates back to 2006 when they had teams playing in Europe for a few years they gave them special uniforms with the countries flag and colors. The photos below are just a few examples of how weird and stupid it got.

fullgetty71797830gs008_nba_europe_4_17_1

1760357301_ad1af7a0d0_o.jpg

410b_lg.jpeg

minnesota-timberwolves-2007-08-europe-li

Meh, you can at least still tell which teams are playing. The base colours still match the team, and they have the actual team name or city on the front, not some obscure nickname.

19 hours ago, dont care said:

People also bought the buffaslug too. Doesn’t mean it was popular or good, just that it was new, and they still wanted to support their team.

Exactly. Most fans will buy whatever is for sale in the team shop just because they like the team. Hopefully this year the two purple jerseys end up being the top sellers.

The branding strategy the NBA has moved to is pretty frustrating. They no longer have interest in teams using a cohesive set of uniforms that represent the team well. They just want to make every team's set as diverse as possible, which means everyone loves at least one of their team's jerseys and hates at least one of them.

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

EuroLeague has an improved talent level and it can be argued their rules are smarter/better enforced for a more watchable product.

Two rules that NBA should take from FIBA is goaltending and no defensive three-second violation. It would improve defence.
Overall rules should be unified across NBA, FIBA, NCAA and others, but I don't think that anyone from us will live to that day.

I didn't notice that before, but Hornets actually had correct NOB font on their Classic:

atlanta-hawks-v-charlotte-hornets.webp?s

Why they can't did that back in 2017-2020?

• Like 2
  • Love 4

4r2eer.png

On 10/25/2023 at 12:53 AM, pepis21 said:

That OKC was a 75th Remix too.

Huh. I guess there's not much they can draw from, especially since they don't acknowledge the Sonics history, logos and colors. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

we have six jerseys this year, especially with the in-season tournament

Yikes.

I have a feeling we'll probably see recolorings of currently worn jerseys for the In-Season Tournament like we've seen in the past with the Earned jerseys.

But, then again ... this is Nike. Who knows?

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin