2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

58 minutes ago, Digby said:

Sorry for the double post here but all of this is getting more confounding the more I think about it. Why is the court blue and red -- and candidly, hideous shades of both of those colors -- when the entire tournament branding has been hitting us over the head with black and metallic gold? And if you're going to push the City uniforms as effective primary uniforms for this tournament, why would you not ensure that that initiative works in harmony with your court initiative for same?

Everything about this In-Season Tournament feels undercooked by half.

I kind of give them a pass with the undercooked imagery based off the short turnaround. But, I agree with you on the court. It's red and blue I feel because of the NBA logo. It should be black and gold based off the promotions and tie into Vegas as well as the VGK. 

I also don't understand why black would clash with the R,W&B court?

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Blue and red court is certainly something.

With my Bucks in white and the Pacers stuck in yellow, what happens if we get a Bucks-Pelicans finals? Both the Pacers and Lakers can play a white vs yellow matchup against whoever, but can you have the Bucks wear green or the Pelicans wear navy? The league already disallowed both the Bucks and the Lakers from their their city jerseys because of contrast, so what do you do if both teams can only contrast with white?

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

56 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

With my Bucks in white and the Pacers stuck in yellow, what happens if we get a Bucks-Pelicans finals? Both the Pacers and Lakers can play a white vs yellow matchup against whoever, but can you have the Bucks wear green or the Pelicans wear navy? The league already disallowed both the Bucks and the Lakers from their their city jerseys because of contrast, so what do you do if both teams can only contrast with white?

I would think that the Bucks' light blue City editions are dark enough to wear against white jerseys, but light enough to contrast with this stupid court, despite sharing a blue hue. But then, why wouldn't they wear those tonight? I'm giving up trying to read any sort of logic into all this.

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

Well, now that the Pacers have advanced, will it be yellow vs yellow if the Lakers win?

Indy vs the Lakers is exactly what the NBA deserves for not thinking this all the way through. Both teams' city editions will not be allowed, as well as the Lakers purple statement uniform and the Pacers navy icon uniform. This leaves both teams with just white and gold uniforms remaining. They have no problem with white and gold, they just played that matchup the other day, but all these courts were built around teams' city edition uniform identities and none of them contrast enough with the court to be used. You'd think someone would have considered this before now.

Guess they had been hoping for Toronto vs San Antonio or Houston as those are the only matchups that would have allowed for city edition use on the blue/red court.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Cannot stand the Lakers in yellow vs a white uniform. Good lord. Why not the Pels in navy? 

Navy may have been an issue, but at least wear the black uniforms that we were expecting. Either the Lakers or Pacers will be wearing a dark uniform for the championship so we'll see all the complaining by the league is for naught. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Navy may have been an issue, but at least wear the black uniforms that we were expecting. Either the Lakers or Pacers will be wearing a dark uniform for the championship so we'll see all the complaining by the league is for naught. 

I'm expecting just another white vs. yellow game given the precedent, no? Just not sure which team will wear which color.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I'm expecting just another white vs. yellow game given the precedent, no? Just not sure which team will wear which color.

Hopefully it's the Lakers in yellow and Pacers in white. Not that it's my favorite matchup, but keeping the Lakers in yellow is optimal.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 11/24/2023 at 4:30 PM, pepis21 said:

I'm confusing about Rockets alternate. They selling a version with red trims, but still play in version with gray trims (gray version is also at lockervision)

houston-rockets-v-los-angeles-lakers.jpg

There is any explenation of this mess?

Sorry, meant to reply to this last week but was locked out of my account and never came back before now.

As someone who tracks Rockets uniforms too and is a fan, we're all confused. It was reported by people that the team shop had been selling the full red trim version for months even before it was initally pointed out which debunked the claim that it would be changed since it was being sold online. The team hasn't addressed it and we're all in the dark. One of the possible explanations I can imagine was it was just being sold as a fashion jersey (jerseys that aren't actually worn on court) but those usually have more obvious and prominent design differences than this. 

• Like 1

Parsons is my dude.

Couple things:

Haven’t seen it mentioned here, but the final 4 teams have IST patches on their jerseys similar to the Finals patches.

A thought: Although the league didn’t explicitly say it, was the reason they didn’t want teams wearing uniforms too similar to the color of the floor was to avoid having problems with the digital court ads on the TV broadcast? That was why the Bucks’ cream uniforms got nixed a few years ago, right? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

A thought: Although the league didn’t explicitly say it, was the reason they didn’t want teams wearing uniforms too similar to the color of the floor was to avoid having problems with the digital court ads on the TV broadcast? That was why the Bucks’ cream uniforms got nixed a few years ago, right? 

This is kinda what I suspected... I thought the chromekeying or whatever technology has improved and it doesn't awkwardly make light-skinned dudes disappear when they run across the digital ad zone as much anymore, not like 2020/21 anyway. I don't know why that tech would be worse on a dark court, but that makes more sense than claiming viewers can't tell black from indigo blue after their recent years approach to uniform design.

On 12/8/2023 at 8:01 PM, Haz_Matt said:

Who is actually watching any of this garbage? Lol

Mostly asking because I have lost a lot of interest in watching the NBA. The constant whining to the refs for fouls, guys flailing their arms after swinging the ball through the defenders arm, "load management", ads all over everything (even interrupting the game for an ad and now the gimmicky IST with the atrocious courts 

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 6

The Heat lost on the Heat Culture courts for the first time. 

Hey Heat, if you’re the the hardest working, best conditioned, most professional, unselfish, toughest, meanest, nastiest team in the NBA, why did you blow a 17 point lead at home and lose?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience