Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

I don’t know how many times it has to be said that it’s not TruColor’s fault. TC truthfully yet cautiously believed what was being told was legitimate. Including the actual photo evidence of the actual helmet which was essentially confirmed.

Getting bent out of shape for letting your imagination get the better of you is your own fault.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know how many times it has to be said that it’s not TruColor’s fault. TC truthfully yet cautiously believed what was being told was legitimate. Including the actual photo evidence of the actual helmet which was essentially confirmed.

Getting bent out of shape for letting your imagination get the better of you is you’re own fault.

I completely agree! At least he was willing to put his neck out on the line and try to help out the community. 

• Like 6

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The foreplay is always better than the actual thing, and for that we honor @TruColor in the highest

Thank you. The speculation, rumors, and possibilities leading up to the reveal is definitely the best part of this process. I personally love the "out there" ideas and discussions. Don't understand ridiculing someone for bringing us something to talk about -- even when we all know it's far fetched.

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

7 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Getting bent out of shape for letting your imagination get the better of you is you’re own fault.

Guilty 😕  

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

Here's how I would've done it. Pretty tame EXCEPT I'd use black/copper and a sand gray for a desert cardinal alternate instead of the Louisville black and cherry thing they've been going for.  I know the alt without cardinal red would probably not go over well around here. 😅

7RC9IeW.png

P0bq854.png

Z9BaAkV.png

• Like 7
  • Dislike 2

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Ok mod hat on. 

TruColor has proven his bonafides as a trustworthy source time and again, and has ALWAYS walked the line between sharing news and not compromising his sources exceptionally well. 

He's also one of the people to thank for our community being what it is today. Many people, myself included, found the CCSLC through his SSUR site back in the day. 

In this case he passed along information from a source that was clearly lying to him. It's not his fault. We've all been duped before. 

So let me make this clear. This will not became a "badger TruColor" thread. If it continues to trend in that direction it will be locked and the responsible parties will be disciplined.

Thank you all for your expected cooperation.  

• Like 34
  • Love 1
  • Applause 4

The Cardinals' press release referred to the helmet logo as "3D," which I initially brushed off as them not really knowing how to explain the metallic gradient design. However, this angle absolutely gives off a three-dimensional feel, ala some of Simon Brokmann's work:

arizona-cardinals-new-uniforms-2023-3-11

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, bushy said:

Why the hell is the Arizona wordmark so huge ???

ghnewsok-OK-5614314-6706613f.jpeg

There's your answer.

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

These are so close imo. Lose the wordmark on the home jersey, swap the pants for home and away, replace the gray trim with navy and yellow and fire the black alts into the sun then we'd be cookin. Thank God they didn't change the logo or helmet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Here's how I would've done it. Pretty tame EXCEPT I'd use black/copper and a sand gray for a desert cardinal alternate instead of the Louisville black and cherry thing they've been going for.  I know the alt without cardinal red would probably not go over well around here. 😅

7RC9IeW.png

P0bq854.png

Z9BaAkV.png

That Copper alt is very cool.  But I still like what was unveiled last night.

I'm a fan of traditional uniforms, but the fact that we went from "the Cardinals are going to have groundbreaking helmets (that will all make sense) with new colors whose names we'd never even heard of before" to just the Jet Commanders is like, man, I would have taken the weird over this.

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The Cardinals' press release referred to the helmet logo as "3D," which I initially brushed off as them not really knowing how to explain the metallic gradient design. However, this angle absolutely gives off a three-dimensional feel, ala some of Simon Brokmann's work:

arizona-cardinals-new-uniforms-2023-3-11

No, its just the bumps in the helmet giving you that impression.

It is only shaded with "3d" effects.

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I'm not sure how relevant this is. The Cardinals specifically referred to each of these monochrome suits as the home, road, and alternate looks and specified the colors of each uniform element:

The Commanders only modeled monochrome as well, but they also kept plain pants for all colors, whereas Arizona has red pants without a stripe, but white ones with a stripe. This shouldn't matter, but I fear that this was on purpose and they will use it as an excuse to stick with the same three combos.

I suspect that, for the first half of the season or so, that will be the case. Then they’ll want to change something, anything, because they’re getting clobbered every time. Or they’ll get bored with the same three combos. 

I think they currently fully intend to use the uniforms the way they were modeled, but I don’t think it will stay that way for the duration of this look. Teams’ uniform rules tend to become less rigid over time. (Same for the league’s, but that’s a whole different matter.)