Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

I've had time to let it sink in, and I still think it's awful.  The college-sized wordmark is still crap.  The sleeve-wordmarks are still crap.  The complete mismatch between home and road and alternate is crap.  The leotard look is crap.  The solid-red pants are crap.

But the helmet is cool.

• Like 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Last time I saw a Cardinal in the yard it didn't have any silver on it whatsoever, who came up with the silver ??, the birds colors are red, black, & yellow, then the desert Cardinal is red, tanish, yellow, look at the bird .

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Jymp said:

Last time I saw a Cardinal in the yard it didn't have any silver on it whatsoever, who came up with the silver ??, the birds colors are red, black, & yellow, then the desert Cardinal is red, tanish, yellow, look at the bird .

Last time I saw a Lion at the zoo it didn't have any blue or silver on it whatsoever, who came up with the blue and silver ??,

• Like 15

Watch Katt Williams: Woke Foke | Netflix Official Site

54 minutes ago, Jymp said:

Last time I saw a sea hawk roaming the sky, it didn’t have lime green or navy blue on it whatsoever. Nor did the bronco I saw grazing a Colorado pasture have an orange mane. Who came up with these colors?

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

12 hours ago, tBBP said:

If you want the 24-minute behind-the-scenes seams version of this rebranding process, here you go.

Pay particular attention to the remark made at the 2:25 timestamp regarding the alternates...

so she's saying they had to either release the alts now or wait a few years?  Wonder if the rule is same for helmet, jerseys,  and/or pants.

At 1:45 it's interesting that she says "Michael was really emphatic about the ...stripe".  Sounds to me like they originally wanted the whites to be blank too!

SLEEK.  MODERN.  CLASSIC.  lol -  BLANK.  EMPTY.  BORING.  UNIMAGINATIVE.   BLACK 20 YEARS LATE.

• Like 6

That would work.  I still don't like sleeve wordmarks, but I get that's just how it is these days.  They could put "ARIZONA" instead of "CARDINALS" on the red one just to keep with what they were claiming they were accomplishing by putting the silly-ass huge wordmark on the front.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I just realized the CARDINALS wordmark exists on both sides, which is annoying. It's already an unnecessary "slap on" feature that becomes the entire emphasis for the "modernized" version of a classic, but it's so redundant if it's on both sides of the jersey. Meh.

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Last time I saw a sea hawk roaming the sky, it didn’t have lime green or navy blue on it whatsoever. Nor did the bronco I saw grazing a Colorado pasture have an orange mane. Who came up with these colors?

Last time I was wandering the woods by myself, I came across a blue & orange bear in an open clearing. The Bear was wearing aviator sunglasses and it was eating deep dish pizza & I thought to myself, "It all makes sense now."

• LOL 8

2 hours ago, TruColor said:

Was this so hard?

spacer.png

Because how would we know what state they are from if it isn’t in huge bold letters that are way too close to the top of the numbers???

Also a pants stripe? Come on. All football unis should look like terrible leotards because COLOR RUSH. If you can’t rush your colors you can’t rush the football. It’s just science. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I just realized the CARDINALS wordmark exists on both sides, which is annoying. It's already an unnecessary "slap on" feature that becomes the entire emphasis for the "modernized" version of a classic, but it's so redundant if it's on both sides of the jersey. Meh.

Ehhh, is it though?  The uniform has no other indication about which team it is, other than the little logo on the back neck that no one sees.

The overreaction to the wordmark tucked into the sleeve stripes is really silly to me; you guys don’t want a team name on front, you don’t want a team name on the sleeves, you don’t like the team logo on the back neck, but these are still “BLANK.  EMPTY.  BORING.”

I think it would be refreshing if most of you just admitted that no matter what Nike or any team does, it’ll never be good enough.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, Chicageaux said:

Last time I was wandering the woods by myself, I came across a blue & orange bear in an open clearing. The Bear was wearing aviator sunglasses and it was eating deep dish pizza & I thought to myself, "It all makes sense now."

Don’t get me started those elusive teal tongued jaguars. Those bastards have been taking up air in Florida long enough.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Don’t get me started those elusive teal tongued jaguars. Those bastards have been taking up air in Florida long enough.

And those red, white and blue bulls and bison, blue, white and gold rams, teal sharks, navy blue tigers, green and gold elephants...

Man, what idiot makes all these inaccurately-colored animal logos and expects people to not realize they're all wrong? 😜