2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It's more like a guideline😁

It was a hard and fast rule at one point because one time they had to waive it for Yom Kippur, but it seems like the NFL has thrown out all its scheduling rules now that the conferences' road games aren't bound to their networks. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Does NBC really need another New England Patriot on their crew?

Football Night in America has really gone downhill from when it was Bob Costas and the other guys at the Rockefeller Center. It doesn't feel like it used to, where it was positioned as a successor to NFL Primetime and an honest attempt at a marquee preshow for the marquee game. Now it's just more people in another studio. If anything, it feels like ESPN's NBA studio shows that never go anywhere.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

With time expiring in the 4th? That was the one the needed.  Unless I'm misunderstanding?

I think it's more a matter of convenience (hey, you're already here, just go ahead and kick the FG *wink wink*) than a bigger master plan that's put into place when down multiple scores.

My bad - I didn't realize it was with :04 left.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

🤔

They were out excited 60-0 on the season at the time of my post.

EDIT: Jesus. Out-scored.

Edited by DG_ThenNowForever

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That didn’t look conclusive enough to be overturned. Even with Perrera talking, my eyes couldn’t tell. To me that’s inconclusive and should have stood. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That didn’t look conclusive enough to be overturned. Even with Perrera talking, my eyes couldn’t tell. To me that’s inconclusive and should have stood. 

I turned it on late, but that was initially called a first down for the Pats and then overturned?

Based on what I saw, it should have stood. On principle, mostly. Referees should defer for what makes for more exciting football (unless it's against my team).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

I missed it. Who did they add?

I was referring to Devin McCourty. I don't have FNIA on when my team isn't playing, so I don't know if he came in last year or not. It's the first time I've seen him.

That NE defense is always so damn intense. I thought Miami was gonna get shut down in the second half again like in their SNF game against Pittsburgh last year. Two wins on the road is a great start, though.

20 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That didn’t look conclusive enough to be overturned. Even with Perrera talking, my eyes couldn’t tell. To me that’s inconclusive. 

It initially looked to me that his knee came down before the football got past the hash line. Looking at the replays further, I can't say for certain though because the camera didn't provide a straight angle and I didn't have a good view of the football. Not the most climactic way to end a game (but it admittingly favored my team).

The Cowboys have allowed the 2nd fewest points through two games ever in their franchise history. Utterly ridiculous start defensively.

I know they haven’t played the stiffest competition yet and it is only just Week 2, but for the first time in my lifetime the Cowboys not only look like one of the clear top 2 or 3 teams in the league, but there’s an argument to be had that they are the best team in the NFL.

I’ve never had reality and my usual blind Cowboys homerism be this close to each other in terms of accuracy. 

• Yawn 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

5 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Cowboys have allowed the 2nd fewest points through two games ever in their franchise history. Utterly ridiculous start defensively.

I know they haven’t played the stiffest competition yet and it is only just Week 2, but for the first time in my lifetime the Cowboys not only look like one of the clear top 2 or 3 teams in the league, but there’s an argument to be had that they are the best team in the NFL.

I’ve never had reality and my usual blind Cowboys homerism be this close to each other in terms of accuracy. 

Well, that settles it. Cancel the rest of the season and just give them the trophy.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

17 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Works for me, that way we can avoid the usual Cowboys’ January playoff collapse. 

As a Niners fan, I'd like to do the same for my team.

The semi-home opener was a pretty decent win for the Niners. The Rams certainly have more spunk to them than the Steelers, but I'd wait on calling the Niners a legitimate contender. Purdy is gonna have some regression to the mean (as we kind of saw yesterday) and the injury bug will return, it's just a matter of when.

56 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

As a Niners fan, I'd like to do the same for my team.

The semi-home opener was a pretty decent win for the Niners. The Rams certainly have more spunk to them than the Steelers, but I'd wait on calling the Niners a legitimate contender. Purdy is gonna have some regression to the mean (as we kind of saw yesterday) and the injury bug will return, it's just a matter of when.

For me, I have zero issues calling the Niners legitimate contenders. Their biggest question mark, IMO, is the QB. I still don’t really trust Purdy to make the throws that are needed in big time moments in the playoffs, but the rest of the roster is super nasty. Just loaded with talent all over. 

A lot can change over the course of the season but the 49ers and Cowboys are clearly the two best teams in the league currently. They both just look like a step above everyone else. 

I’m really excited for that upcoming Week 5 showdown. Both teams should be 4-0 heading into that game and the Cowboys really need to have a good showing against the Niners (who are kinda of their boogeyman/kryptonite at this point). 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Was there a stated reason behind having two games compete against each other on MNF?  On the surface it doesn't seem to make much sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."