2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Your team is 10-2. You're looking for sympathy in the wrong place.

Not looking for sympathy at all.  Just pointing out the clownishness of "eagles are referee darlings" posts that have been popular lately.  if not for those posts, wouldn't even call that out.

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Did defenders punch at the ball as much in like the 90s and before? I feel like DBs punching away at the ball in a receiver or RBs hands is something you see on nearly every possession, but I don't remember it being as much of a thing when I was growing up.

It became a big thing with charles “peanut” Tillman setting records for forced fumbles by a db with his “peanut punch” now every CB has copied it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

"No foul for holding", (then broadcast immediately show replay where lineman's jersey is nearly pulled off due to holding that resulted in a flag being thrown that was ultimately dismissed by the ref who didn't even see it happen.)

But clowns think the Eagles get all the breaks

They don't have Big Dom on the sideline to intimidate the refs anymore

• Like 1

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

Refs are working hard for the Cowboys so far. 

Eagles defense working hard for the Cowboys too :puke:

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, ruttep said:

They don't have Big Dom on the sideline to intimidate the refs anymore

Ironically, how many people ran on the field from the 49ers bench when they were fighting with the Seahawks late in that game?  Photos show at least 3 or 4.  Not defending Big Dom, but let's see if anything's made about that.

LOL New York negated the holding flag?  Even though they just showed that it was clearly some legit holding, which drew an actual flag.  Clowns.

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Ironically, how many people ran on the field from the 49ers bench when they were fighting with the Seahawks late in that game?  Photos show at least 3 or 4.  Not defending Big Dom, but let's see if anything's made about that.

Wasn't paying attention to who was on the field for that, by that point my attention had shifted to the trainwreck that was Vikings/Raiders. I was just joking, I think Big Dom is hilarious.

Just now, ruttep said:

Wasn't paying attention to who was on the field for that, by that point my attention had shifted to the trainwreck that was Vikings/Raiders. I was just joking, I think Big Dom is hilarious.

If he wasn't suspended, I'd put Big Dom in at linebacker right now (or Defensive Coordinator).  He can't be any worse than the steaming sacks of crap at either spot.

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

The AFC is wilddddddd

GBByWIKbQAAu66J?format=jpg&name=large

The Broncos going from dead in the water at 1-5 to within a game of the Chiefs is one of the wildest parts of it all.

Edited by DustDevil61
Within
  • Like 3

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bad-cowboys-news-fans-rip-nfl-over-7-0-philly-referee-eagles-best-player/ar-AA1lgvQE

We don’t often go in for NFL referee conspiracy theories in these parts, but there is already some consternation coming from many corners of Dallas Cowboys Nation over a bit of Cowboys news that came in this week. That news: the lead referee for the critical Sunday Night Football game against the Eagles is John Hussey, who is notable for a number of reasons, but one in particular in this case: Turns out, the Eagles are 7-0 when Hussey’s crew is on the case. 

That is according to the Twitter/X account NFL Ref Stats, which posted some numbers about the Hussey crew this week:  “HOME division teams like Cowboys are 33-14-2 ATS (70%) w’ John Hussey since 2016 , best home record for any ref in that span- BUT the Eagles are a perfect 7-0 SU & ATS with Hussey officiating.”

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Those things are posted every week, and there's tons of situations like that for and against all teams.  I think one of the playoff games the Eagles won last year was "against" a crew that they'd never won "against".

In other officiating news, it's fun seeing Mahomes complaining about how the referees "denied greatness", when his dude was lined up practically in front of the center.  I always thought WRs "checked in" with the referees to ensure they were on the line (or off of it), but I guess since he was inside, he didn't?

• Like 3

The Chiefs are throwing a royal diaper fit in KC and it’s honestly embarrassing. For them. This isn’t even a judgment call like, idk, a hold or a DPI or a late hit that helped them win the AFC Championship game and Super Bowl a year ago. Your guy practically lined up in Lawrence, Patrick. It’s so easy to be onside! It’s not not a penalty just because something cool happened after the flag was thrown. 

• Like 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

That’s an offensive off sides? On a guard? Lol ok. Dallas is doing a good enough job whooping the Eagles without that, thx. 

Though if that’s a 1st, the turnover doesn’t happen, so kinda important. There’s no universe in which that was offensive offsides, other than Goodell wants to kill the push.