MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

i was at one of my local DSG on friday, this is  the mets replica in the new template. first impressions: it's nice to have the front number and the sleeve patch. in-person, the smaller rear number/name makes it look like a youth jersey from behind. $175 retail.

also, to add fuel to the "mets are updating the black jersey" fire: multiple players in pinstripes in the new template. only black jerseys they had were the old template (obviously leftovers from last season).

img_2014.jpgimg_2015.jpg

sig2024.png

8 hours ago, dont care said:

This seems to be proof that raglan sleeve definitely are a template option. Good for the pinstripe teams

I think only Yankees and Cubs use raglan anymore.  I think there's a couple of non-pinstripe teams but can't recall of the top of my head.

My opinion of raglan has come around a bit in recent years.  In general, I think it's better for all teams, but given that most prefer the set-in style, my "rule" is that pinstripe teams with chest logos should always be raglan, while pinstripe teams with scripts can be either, and may actually look marginally better with the set-in sleeves.  But chest teams should always be raglan.

Another rule - all pinstripes should be woven zig-zag.  None of this printed nonsense.

1 hour ago, Brian E said:

i was at one of my local DSG on friday, this is  the mets replica in the new template. first impressions: it's nice to have the front number and the sleeve patch. in-person, the smaller rear number/name makes it look like a youth jersey from behind. $175 retail.

also, to add fuel to the "mets are updating the black jersey" fire: multiple players in pinstripes in the new template. only black jerseys they had were the old template (obviously leftovers from last season).

img_2014.jpgimg_2015.jpg

Even those are a little inconsistent with what we've seen of the new template, because the collar and cuffs of the new one are separate pieces, whereas on that jersey (granted it's a replica) they just look like stitching.  On the authentics we've seen, the cuff trim seems to be elastic-ish, where on that jersey it's just an extension of the sleeve.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, McCall said:

Look at the sleeve cuffs. I don't think that's actually the new template. I think they just grabbed a photo with a Nike Cubs jersey and threw it on an ad.

The Mets jersey above does not have the cuff, either. Also, you can see some sheen on the threading on the swoosh. Previously the swoosh was screen printed on the old template.

Could just be a graphic issue on the shop, but the Angels might have added the drop shadow outline to the front numbers, but not the back, and the NOB is stouter than previous.

mens-nike-mike-trout-white-los-angeles-a

I've long been in favour of the Angels making the wordmark and number outlines/dropshadows consistent (either adding to the numbers or removing from the wordmark) on the homes and aways because I always thought it looked weird and made the numbers stick out as plain, but just doing the front number doesn't help that.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Could just be a graphic issue on the shop, but the Angels might have added the drop shadow outline to the front numbers, but not the back, and the NOB is stouter than previous.

mens-nike-mike-trout-white-los-angeles-a

I've long been in favour of the Angels making the wordmark and number outlines/dropshadows consistent (either adding to the numbers or removing from the wordmark) on the homes and aways because I always thought it looked weird and made the numbers stick out as plain, but just doing the front number doesn't help that.

Piggy backing off of this, but a ton of new template Nike replicas hit MLB Shop today. I haven’t gone through to check, but it’s definitely most teams, if not all. Not all of the jerseys are available yet. Most offer their home jersey as well as a player jersey or two. I do not see any alternates or City Connects, and as of right now, just one road jersey. But this is the biggest collection of new template photos we’ve seen so far. If you want to get an idea of how your team will look, check this out.

https://www.mlbshop.com/jerseys-nike-limited/d-3438886714-1230370745+z-9-2597871746?ab={wt-static_graphic1}{pt-Home}{al-ASpot}{ct-NikeLimitedJersey_24}

The main takeaway for me is that the vast majority of the jerseys look nearly identical. Sure, there are some very minor tweaks, but teams are still going to look like themselves.

Which teams had a change due to the template? I’m not including the perforated numbers or the batterman moving down. I mean more major design changes. I know of the Braves and Orioles moving the sleeve trim down to the cuff. Any others?

And I’ve said this before, but despite the couple gripes, it is very nice to see front numbers and sleeve patches return to the replicas.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Piggy backing off of this, but a ton of new template Nike replicas hit MLB Shop today. I haven’t gone through to check, but it’s definitely most teams, if not all. Not all of the jerseys are available yet. Most offer their home jersey as well as a player jersey or two. I do not see any alternates or City Connects, and as of right now, just one road jersey. But this is the biggest collection of new template photos we’ve seen so far. If you want to get an idea of how your team will look, check this out.

https://www.mlbshop.com/jerseys-nike-limited/d-3438886714-1230370745+z-9-2597871746?ab={wt-static_graphic1}{pt-Home}{al-ASpot}{ct-NikeLimitedJersey_24}

The main takeaway for me is that the vast majority of the jerseys look nearly identical. Sure, there are some very minor tweaks, but teams are still going to look like themselves.

Which teams had a change due to the template? I’m not including the perforated numbers or the batterman moving down. I mean more major design changes. I know of the Braves and Orioles moving the sleeve trim down to the cuff. Any others?

And I’ve said this before, but despite the couple gripes, it is very nice to see front numbers and sleeve patches return to the replicas.

spacer.png

And the reason they have Aaron Judge's NOB on that jersey is...what now??

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

And the reason they have Aaron Judge's NOB on that jersey is...what now??

MLB has done that for years. I’m assuming it has something to do with player licensing. But they offer styles with both the name and sans name. Not a new thing.

———

If you want to see some still photos of the new template, it looks like it’s making its way to college baseball this year, too.

I do not like the way the cuffs bunch up compared to how the trim was previously applied as a clean, stitched braid. Otherwise, it looks fine.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2023 at 11:33 AM, Anubis2051 said:

That's what the concession folks all wear, which tbh I think will be enough to keep them from doing it.

Has anyone seen an updated version of these graphics? Or the individual logos?

spacer.png

Maybe @TruColor has an idea?  I think the last time there really was anything was when he did a BUNCH of graphics from the 2012 (?) season?

A few takeaways from the 2024 giveaway/promotion lineup.

• They aren't backing down from the CC's anytime soon. They doubled down on it with a giveaway shirt, bobblehead, and hat.

• Assuming the 6/29 game vs TEX is on Fox with the start time of 7:15 (not 7:05), I hope they don't go out their way to wear that against Texas that night just to match with the giveaway shirts in the stands.

• The 1954 throwback returns for the 70th anniversary season. We saw the team wear this in 2014 vs STL for 2 of the 3 games in that series. This year, they are hosting the Mariners, but I think it will just be the one night only. Not sure if Seattle would be bothered to wear their CC's or just stick to their current teal or navy jerseys for the occasion.

• Like 4

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Can't say for certain, but based on the photos I've seen here, it appears the plackets on the replicas are going to be wider than the plackets on the on-field jerseys. This whole new Nike template thing is D-U-M-B...and getting dumber. Ugh. 

Edited by M59
text
  • Like 2

I was wondering where this "move the MLB logo below the placket and make the NOBs smaller" business came from, and then I accidentally caught a couple minutes of the Lakers game on ABC. This is what happens when you let the designers of basketball jerseys do baseball. It ain't pretty. 

19 hours ago, jeffmanqb3 said:

Some of the block NOBs are terrible. The Mets and Royals look fine but others are too thick. Maybe the on field jerseys will look different. spacer.pngspacer.png

Those graphics are superimposed on the jerseys and the real things could look different. They're not photos of actual jerseys.

• Like 2

I've seen the replicas in person and they all look so awkward. I'm all in for moving the batterman logo somewhere else because the back is so bad right now.

Perhaps under the sleeve patch? I dunno but they need to fix that asap. 

XM4KeeA.png

On 1/17/2024 at 12:30 PM, jeffmanqb3 said:

Some of the block NOBs are terrible. The Mets and Royals look fine but others are too thick. Maybe the on field jerseys will look different. spacer.pngspacer.png

IDK if this is a result of Photoshopping numbers onto imaginary jerseys, but the front numbers are wrong. What we're seeing here are just smaller copies of the 8" back numbers. Neither the Mets nor the Cardinals were wearing such front numbers as of last year. 

Edited by M59
text correction