MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

21 hours ago, VikWings said:

Most of the BP caps are good-to-great. Ant there's really terrible ones. You have everything from fun with the Phillies and Brewers logos to classic with the Cardinals. I even like the pinstripe Marlins (Twins, not so much. Still hate that logo as well).

Favorites have to be the Diamondbacks, Rays, White Sox and A's.

M* can't go away fast enough, bring back M.

• Like 6

The more I look at the BP hats, the more I am torn on the Angels.  While I do like the retro blue brim with red bill, I might like it more with an old logo.  Possibly the lower case a with the halo above it.  So many choices.  I was even thinking of the CA logo, now that they have the state of California logo on the clubhouse caps. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 7:29 AM, BBTV said:

Wish companies would stop slapping liberty bells on every philadelphia product, wish the Phillies would drop it from they logo, and wish it wasn't (along with Rocky) an unofficial "logo" for the city in general.

If Philadelphia were to have a symbol, what do you think it should be?

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

Redfish - Philly Elmo at the Black Lives Matter protest in Philadelphia  after the police killing of George Floyd, 2020. | Facebook

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

I would say the giant William Penn statue, but that's a bit too esoteric. Independence Hall or City Hall (with the Penn statue)?

Joking answer:

intro-1700264199.jpg

"You don't have beef with me? I was a priest before I got involved with you guys. Unbelievable."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I would say the giant William Penn statue, but that's a bit too esoteric. Independence Hall or City Hall (with the Penn statue)?

Joking answer:

intro-1700264199.jpg

"You don't have beef with me? I was a priest before I got involved with you guys. Unbelievable."

Admittedly, I do think the Penn statue is a reeeeeeally good call.  The team did reference it in past logos, and if the City Connect series have taught us anything, screw the idea of things being "too esoteric".  Go with what clicks with your people.  Although I may be biased in that Philadelphia's City Hall is one of my favorite buildings of all time.

But the real answer?

c753e3ae3414074ace6034acf8d4820f_1200x1200.jpg?v=1595521546

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

But the real answer?

c753e3ae3414074ace6034acf8d4820f_1200x1200.jpg?v=1595521546

The real real answer:

Franklin.jpg

With this as the theme song.

The Union and their fans have leaned heavily into the Franklin imagery. All Philly teams should follow suit.

7 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Although I may be biased in that Philadelphia's City Hall is one of my favorite buildings of all time.

I join you in that bias. I would assert that Philadelphia City Hall is the most beautiful building in the world.

The building is so grandiose that it cannot adequately be captured in pictures. You really have to go there and just marvel at its splendour. From all angles — including from within, in the passages to the internal courtyard — it is breathtaking. I've never been so awed by any other work of art.

Still, the primary symbol of that city is Franklin.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

13 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Does it need one?  How many of cities that normal people know have logos?  NYC = statue of liberty (I think), Chicago has the stars from the flag, LA?  Houston?  New Orleans I guess the fleur de lis, Atlanta?  

Philadelphia just isn't "cool" when it comes to imagery - at least that's my personal opinion.  I think it's a top 5 skyline in US, but no "iconic" building like NYC or Chicago have, no foreign tourist knows or cares about the Liberty Bell, Rocky is a goddam movie character and that stupid statue is just a prop, I don't know.

Maybe just the ring of 13 stars?

• Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The real real answer:

Franklin.jpg

With this as the theme song.

The Union and their fans have leaned heavily into the Franklin imagery. All Philly teams should follow suit.

I join you in that bias. I would assert that Philadelphia City Hall is the most beautiful building in the world.

The building is so grandiose that it cannot adequately be captured in pictures. You really have to go there and just marvel at its splendour. From all angles — including from within, in the passages to the internal courtyard — it is breathtaking. I've never been so awed by any other work of art.

Still, the primary symbol of that city is Franklin.

One of my favourite parts of the 76ers package is the ballin ben logo

3588_philadelphia_76ers-secondary-2015.p

(from the mothership)

Goofy, yes. Buf it's just perfect for the city and team.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

10 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

I can't understand why a New Yorker thinks he has any place to say what Philly people are tired of.

Understood - and yet that's what we do for the City Connect unis. If it makes sense locally, outside commentary isn't worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

It's where I sit.