MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

17 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I can see what they were going for but the execution is poor

For starters, the Mets pinstripes and racing stripe were never perpendicular to each other.  It's just weird to see them that way.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

This Twitter account has a few photos of the new Jays Nike Elite (on field authentic). The Blue Jay embroidery is definitely a downgrade. Several photos in the tweet, as well as a video that goes into more detail.

I am skeptical that this is an actual Nike Elite on-field jersey

• Like 3

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

21 hours ago, Brian E said:

welp, the mets one sucks:

blech.png

I believe the Guardians have the same design too, but it's a snapback and not an actual spring training cap. The adjustable sign on the bill tells me this isn't the primary spring training cap either. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

38 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I believe the Guardians have the same design too, but it's a snapback and not an actual spring training cap. The adjustable sign on the bill tells me this isn't the primary spring training cap either. 

There's usually three (or four) versions made.

Standard 59Fifty
Low Crown 59Fifty
The FlexFit
and then the adjustable version

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Standard 59Fifty
Low Crown 59Fifty
The FlexFit

The Mets BP hat shown earlier might even be a 5th option, because this one looks more like the "dad hat" adjustable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Standard 59Fifty
Low Crown 59Fifty
The FlexFit

Just now, TBGKon said:

The Mets BP hat shown earlier might even be a 5th option, because this one looks more like the "dad hat" adjustable.

Snapback (which I HATE how much more this has been a thing) could be the fifth but I guess we'll know soon enough

7 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

You were saying the Rays we're not getting a City jersey?

I really hope the Cardinals pull a Lou/NY Islanders and just put out something extremely bland.  I'm not going to be able to take it if they are trotting out there in some obnoxiously loud mono colored uniform with an arch slapped on it. It's bad enough that we have to watch 38 year old Matt Carpenter out there again this year 🤣

2 hours ago, CC97 said:

🤣

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

You were saying the Rays we're not getting a City jersey?

@CC97, I was about to ask if you had any insider info as to which teams were getting a City jersey this year, and then this pops up! I’m excited. A couple of interesting tidbits from this:

• The Dodgers appear to be trying again with their City jersey
  • Official confirmation of no Yankees or A’s jersey, both of which make sense.
  • Like 2

Fanatics may have gone too far by trying to manufacture actual in-game jerseys worn by players.

Enough complaints (which are inevitable given Fanatics quality) and the leagues will drop Fanatics. Best case scenario for them they still have their nice fan apparel business. But the upcoming backlash may cause the leagues to drop Fanatics completely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ark said:

Fanatics may have gone too far by trying to manufacture actual in-game jerseys worn by players.

Enough complaints (which are inevitable given Fanatics quality) and the leagues will drop Fanatics. Best case scenario for them they still have their nice fan apparel business. But the upcoming backlash may cause the leagues to drop Fanatics completely.

The NHL is still hosed though. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

@CC97, I was about to ask if you had any insider info as to which teams were getting a City jersey this year, and then this pops up! I’m excited. A couple of interesting tidbits from this:

• The Dodgers appear to be trying again with their City jersey
  • Official confirmation of no Yankees or A’s jersey, both of which makes sense.

I had just finished writing the story and waiting for the green light from MLB to hit publish when I saw his post, I just couldn't help but chuckle.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram