MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 2/19/2024 at 3:49 PM, Sodboy13 said:

The "Elite" jerseys are now for sale.

Blank: $355

Pre-customized: $395

Pick your own name and number: $430

At least they are listed as being made in the USA. I thought for sure they'd pull an NHL and start selling non-authentic Authentics.

Yes, that made me think of the people that make these jerseys..... most likely still the people in Easton, PA , the Majestic factory workers?

i wonder what they think of these new jerseys they have to make...... these were not robots or Chinese slave workers, most of them were invested in what they were doing, they did a good job, only rarely would you get jerseys with errors.

First they had to put the Nike logo on the front, now this inferior on field product.

Would love to know what they think, and also see them make the new jerseys!

-

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Krona said:

I'm not sure why shabby unis weren't excpected. It Nike's MO. Doesn't anybody remeber the NBA rollout?

Nike's new NBA jerseys cannot stop falling apart.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/11/6/16612728/nike-nba-jerseys-ripping-tearing-lebron-james

Also, I'm tired of everyone parroting their line about "xx% lighter/engineered/etc". It's simple: every millimeter of fabric saved, every patch printed, every fabric swapped is multiplied by millions. It's not bad enough they pay slave wages, More for the bottom line. We complain for a few weeks and then just eat the slop.

FWIW I think NBA Authentic jerseys (now) are good quality and feel like a well thought out garment. It has zonal ventilation and nice quality embellishments, finished with a rubber/silicone nba logo. MLB quality just looks a mess.

And I hate to admit it but i've come around to the truncated shoulder stripes.

Oddly enough all jersey trim is  placed over the jersey body and sewn on as opposed to it being separate from it. Which is the opposite of what nike did in baseball. They went from trim on top of fabric to separate trim - and so far it does not look good.

I think it was Eric Bodamer who designed for Adidas/NHL who said that when Adidas took over the league they took into account how fans perceive the look and feel of authentic jerseys. You don't want a heavy jersey, but you want embroidery and twill and just overall materials that feel substantial. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

This is interesting. The backlash from the players over the new uniforms has gotten so loud that the union is now getting involved and demanding remedies. I doubt we are going to see wholesale changes, but I think things for MLB/Nike/Fanatics have gotten past the point of hoping this just blows over if they wait it out.

Shame that the one pictured is the Marlins’ long-awaited blue shirt. I hope the template has to change, but I also hope they don’t get rid of the blue when it does. 

• Like 2

And now ladies and gentlemen...... what you have been waiting for:

for only $450 you can now get your team's jersey with the ad patch on!

Even on a retired player's jersey!...... Johnny Damon or Scott Hatteberg with sleeve ad 😍

https://www.mlbshop.com/nike-jerseys-nike-elite/br-3095+d-8927887814-01744801+z-9-513770804?pageSize=48&sortOption=NewestArrivals

• LOL 3
  • Facepalm 2

To what extent was the players' union consulted on these new uniforms? They're the ones who have to wear them. We're not talking about player input for aesthetic purposes, but more like "will your pants split."

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Phillies have gone back and forth, seemingly at whim, between cuff trim being sewn around the end of the sleeve and the stripes being on a piece of elastic, like we're seeing with the Reds.  I've never felt the elastic looks good.  Among other reasons, the stripes are thicker.

s-l1600.png

91vYvQOgRYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, adsarebad said:

And now ladies and gentlemen...... what you have been waiting for:

for only $450 you can now get your team's jersey with the ad patch on!

Even on a retired player's jersey!...... Johnny Damon or Scott Hatteberg with sleeve ad 😍

https://www.mlbshop.com/nike-jerseys-nike-elite/br-3095+d-8927887814-01744801+z-9-513770804?pageSize=48&sortOption=NewestArrivals

Like, I think soccer fandom is widespread enough in the US and Canada now that we get the ads are part of the deal when you buy a jersey. We don't have to like it, but there they are, can't really get around them. The idea that you have to pay twenty dollars extra for the privilege of wearing an advertiser's logo on a jersey that's already priced like high-end designer wear... Man, it takes some absolute brass ones to try that move.

• Like 7
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

To what extent was the players' union consulted on these new uniforms? They're the ones who have to wear them. We're not talking about player input for aesthetic purposes, but more like "will your pants split."

They were consulted. That's one of the issues players have is they said that there would be adjustable pants and now they're being told pants can't be adjusted. I forget where I read that as there are so many articles on the issues.

Stupid Sexy Big Dumper.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hopefully we get some quality Teddy Bridgewater-esque photos during the season.  Baseball cards will be awesome.

In 2036: 

"Oh snap!  I pulled a 2024 Pete Crow-Armstrong!  You can tell because his freckled, sweaty hog is showing through his 1-ply Fanatics uniform!"

• LOL 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hard to see, but looks like the Braves have the perforated numbers on their alternates. If you zoom in, you can see them on the bottom left part of Acuna’s “3.”

spacer.png

This comes after their home whites were shown without the perforations at a fan fest event.

spacer.png

A few other clubs have shown similar situations (such as the Mets, no perforations on their pinstripes but they have them on their blue jerseys). My guess is the ball clubs didn’t love how pronounced the white poked through against the dark numbers, but were willing to concede to Nike on alternates where they may not be as visible (for example, the Braves blue jersey bleeding through the red numbers is not very noticeable). At least this appears to be a choice and not mandated by Nike.

25 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

New jersey patch for KC 

Somehow, it feels even more gross when it is a team that usually has a bottom of the barrel payroll and fields a crappy product year in and year out. Oh and they are getting a new stadium to boot. 

Paul mentioned this on Uni Watch today, but man, the slightly see through pants need a total rework. You can see the jersey material under the pants, including the silhouette, jock tags, and pinstripes. This is not the move, Nike!

Apparently the see through pants are not a new thing, though. Here are some images from the Majestic era (check out #70 and #63) where you can see the jocktags just as easily as the 2024 Nike pants.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Paul mentioned this on Uni Watch today, but man, the slightly see through pants need a total rework. You can see the jersey material under the pants, including the silhouette, jock tags, and pinstripes. This is not the move, Nike!

Apparently the see through pants are not a new thing, though. Here are some images from the Majestic era (check out #70 and #63) where you can see the jocktags just as easily as the 2024 Nike pants.

I should not be able to know the type and color of underwear of my pitcher.

• Like 5

spacer.png

spacer.png