MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

14 minutes ago, M59 said:

Re: the Twins Cash Grab Connect set: we've had area codes, airport codes, and now a state postal abbreviation code. At some point in Cash Grab Connect, Round Two, I fully expect to see Nike slap a zip code on a jersey and call it a day. 

Denver nuggets have that right?

• LOL 4

On 6/5/2024 at 9:32 PM, SportsFan12 said:

Blue Jays are wearing their mediocre City Connects way too often? Now who could’ve predicted that?

Pretty sure part of the City Connect program involves leaning into them heavily after unveiling them. I was at one of the games last week, and the CC branding was all over the park. The team shop was entirely CC jerseys & merchandise, plus they had multiple in-game segments promoting them. 

They were completely illegible from the stands, and even when I saw fans walking around the stadium in them it was very tough to read the numbers.

Most of the better CCs (Kansas City, Arizona, Atlanta, Miami) are the ones that keep things relatively simple.  These are absolutely packed with marketing-speak baloney.  Not everything needs to be overthought 500 times.

Also, I bet TV cameras will love the ripple effect.

• Like 4

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

2 hours ago, Green27 said:

I'm an amateur ornithologist, but I'm concerned for this poor 'loon' and its health. 

minnesota-twins-loon-patch-city-connect-sportslogosnet-201801.jpg

But really, there are already many regional loon sports logos done 10x better.

Minnesota-United-logo.pnggreatlakesloons2016.jpg

I've always been partial to the short-lived Minneapolis Loons of early '90s independent league baseball, the team that was managed by former all-star Braves catcher Greg Olson as manager of a roster with a handful of MLB castoffs, including Juan Berenguer and Kerry Ligtenberg. I think Tony Oliva was also on the coaching staff. I remember this because they stopped into the gas station where I worked in high school and I sold Tony some snacks. 

Anyway, I liked their hat at the time and bought one. Not sure where it went, though.

spacer.png

As for the Twins City Connects, I never harbored any notion that I'd like these and would be compelled to buy any of it.  That remains so. And this is coming from someone who pretty much buys every hat the Twins put out. 

4 hours ago, Green27 said:

I'm an amateur ornithologist, but I'm concerned for this poor 'loon' and its health. 

minnesota-twins-loon-patch-city-connect-sportslogosnet-201801.jpg

A for effort, but this isn't a good design. It's much less lazy than most of what we've been seeing recently and I appreciate them "trying something" but I'd replace this with the hat logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ark said:

Baltimore Rams

In 1993 Georgia Frontiere wanted out of Anaheim.   The league rejected her move to Baltimore, and later to St. Louis.   When she threatened a lawsuit, the league allowed the move to St. Louis.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 2

7 minutes ago, Bill0813 said:

In 1993 Georgia Frontiere wanted out of Anaheim.   The league rejected her move to Baltimore, and later to St. Louis.   When she threatened a lawsuit, the league allowed the move to St. Louis.

Wow, good to see T. Rowe Price really cares about obscure NFL history

• LOL 5

20 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I was thinking Milwaukee Art Museum.

Same. Which kinda goes hand in hand with my earlier Minneapolis/Milwaukee post.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

This was my first thought as well. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin