MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

5 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Am I the only one who loves the Nats in navy jerseys/red batting helmets? This turns a boring red/navy team into something more refreshing/different. They should also pair these with red caps...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Like the blue jersey/red cap combo. Less enamored of the front number being gone...no matter how much I dislike that font.
But hey, the jersey is now 0.75% lighter, so the players are now faster!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, M59 said:

Like the blue jersey/red cap combo. Less enamored of the front number being gone...no matter how much I dislike that font.
But hey, the jersey is now 0.75% lighter, so the players are now faster!

Well they also modified the angle of the wordmark lower (for the better).  There's still room for the number, but if losing the number meant a properly aligned wordmark I'll take it.

• Like 4

The Nats used to have a red alternate cap with a navy bill. That would balance out the look a bit more. 

They've just blown through so many hats and jerseys already that their identity is becoming so muddled. 

• Like 16

12 hours ago, ptay said:

The Nats used to have a red alternate cap with a navy bill. That would balance out the look a bit more. 

They've just blown through so many hats and jerseys already that their identity is becoming so muddled. 

Other than MLB / Nike's screwups with the 2024 jerseys, the Orioles haven't changed...anything...since 2010 (unless you count anniversary and memorial patches). Other than the unfortunate change from "low i" to "high i", the black jersey hasn't really changed (except for the sleeve patch) since 2001. Compared to that degree of stasis, the Nats' level of churn looks even crazier that it actually is. 

• Like 3

My theory is that the Nationals were planning a rebrand after 2019 where they moved away from the curly W, but then they won the World Series and couldn't just ditch that.  So instead they awkwardly introduced all these other styles (the white panel block W cap), but still kept their road grey set that 2019 made famous.  And now we arrive where they are now.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FrutigerAero said:

My theory is that the Nationals were planning a rebrand after 2019 where they moved away from the curly W, but then they won the World Series and couldn't just ditch that.  So instead they awkwardly introduced all these other styles (the white panel block W cap), but still kept their road grey set that 2019 made famous.  And now we arrive where they are now.

Other than their first kit, The Nationals have never truly had a uniform uniform set. (And  the original alternate didn't really synch up with the original home and road.) The more they piecemeal their changes, the more confused their kit gets.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, M59 said:

Other than their first kit, The Nationals have never truly had a uniform uniform set. (And  the original alternate didn't really synch up with the original home and road.) The more they piecemeal their changes, the more confused their kit gets.

Only the grey jersey trim isn't on par here...  The navy jersey wasn't good but that's still a pretty uniform set.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Not surprising, but Fanatics is taking no accountability for this mess, and is doubling down on the fact that them & Nike think the uniforms are an improvement over what came before them.

• Eyeroll 5

42 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Not surprising, but Fanatics is taking no accountability for this mess, and is doubling down on the fact that them & Nike think the uniforms are an improvement over what came before them.

I hate Fanatics as much as anyone, but what about this relationship is Fanatics’ fault? All they do is produce the uniforms to the specs Nike provides. MLB uniforms have been manufactured in the Majestic facility for years, including since 2017 when Fanatics bought out Majestic nearly 7 years ago. There were no problems in previous years. They continue to be manufactured in the Majestic facility in 2024. If you want someone to blame, blame Nike. This doesn’t really have much to do with Fanatics. Blaming Fanatics would be like Apple lowering the quality of their iPhone screens from OLED to LCD and then complaining it’s the Foxconn production facility’s fault. Clearly all the changes this year were a stylistic choice by Nike.

• Like 7

I mean Fanatics and Rubin aren't wrong in this one instance, but since everything else they produce is so crappy this was an opportunity to crap on them in the lime light. And because of their history they didn't really do anything to deserve benefit of the doubt when this all started.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Only the grey jersey trim isn't on par here...  The navy jersey wasn't good but that's still a pretty uniform set.

spacer.png

The road is IMO clearly the best of a bad lot here. I'd literally completely forgotten this Nationals uniform set. 

• Like 1

why on earth do some teams put the front number so low when it's on the right (viewer's left) side?  I can't think of any scenario where that's preferable to putting it parallel with the logo.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

why on earth do some teams put the front number so low when it's on the right (viewer's left) side?  I can't think of any scenario where that's preferable to putting it parallel with the logo.

As far as I know, the Nats were the only team to do this

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

54 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

There’s been a few! (Although this one had no front number the first season worn)

OIP.VvXuWzq-r3zSTe9xA346HQAAAA?dpr=3&pid

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Pittsburgh did. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Pittsburgh did. 

As did Texas, for a spell anyways:

hamilton.jpg?w=806

Personally, I don't have a problem with the lower front number; it's one of those quirks I kinda like. (Though I could live with either placement: lowered or even with the chest logo/mark.)

Speaking of quirks, and sorta off-topic: I miss vests. Vests were fun. Vests also added a much-needed dose of color to baseball uniforms. But given the absolute crap-jack that fan replithentics have become these days, I doubt vested jerseys even be made right—or it'd just be the vest minus the undershirts—so it's probably better they we don't have them.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||