MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

There is a side-by-side picture somewhere.

Et97Ky7.png

• Like 2

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

That 'new' logo above looks like the 2016 introduction of the 3-D printed logo I mentioned above.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dodgers-new-batting-helmet-2016-4

ETA:

https://uni-watch.com/2024/03/04/la-dodgers-make-changes-to-batting-helmet-logo/

Aha - here's a better explanation. It was re-designed to match the cap logo, and it is an embroidered logo rather than one of flexible material.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

On 3/4/2024 at 2:44 PM, Bmac said:

From that article:

“But what of the Yankees! Think of the Tigers!” I hear the commenters tapping away. Both the Yankees and Tigers used their two available uniform slots on a set of home and road Spring Training jerseys, and yes, Spring jerseys count against the four.

Wow...  That is very stupid, but at least it does confirm for us that most of what we're seeing is officially new on-field in-season alternates.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:56 AM, namefornamesake said:

How did they manage to get the LA script break right if they couldn't with the regular Dodgers script?

On 3/7/2024 at 11:38 AM, cemps said:

This is a replica jersey, so keep that in mind. The home white Dodgers replica also shows a well-placed script break. So don't count out the on-field jersey having a terrible one!

Or, excuse me, not a replica, but a *limited* jersey! (Calling it limited makes no sense to me, but what else is new)

spacer.png

Those shop images have looked 110% computer generated from the start to me.  I'm not trusting a thing on them until I see them in photos or video.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I can't tell the difference in the Dodgers helmets.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I *think* it's more of a stitched style logo rather than a puffy sticker. More like cloth and less like foam.

PS - You clearly weren't the only one who wasn't sure on the difference.

3 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Et97Ky7.png

One of the articles linked mentioned that, while the Japan link is the application of the logo, the true identity change that is happening here is that the helmet logo and cap logo now match.  The helmet logo has always been wider.  One of those little quirks, likely not a purposeful design choice like the Detroit D.

I remember the Yankees having a similar situation, with the cap logo seeming to be the "print logo" but much chonkier.  Sadly, I believe that went away with the change from the lovely shiny helmets that reflected the grand circle of lights around the Stadium.

spacer.png

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I remember the Yankees having a similar situation, with the cap logo seeming to be the "print logo" but much chonkier.  Sadly, I believe that went away with the change from the lovely shiny helmets that reflected the grand circle of lights around the Stadium.

2ApOT7F.png

• Like 3

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

34 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I've noticed that the Phillies have been wearing their home whites and road grays a lot more than usual this spring.

That’s because the red alts are gone.

31 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

That’s because the red alts are gone.

Ah yeah, thats right.  Yankees and Detroit have navy jerseys this spring that wont be worn in the regular season, so I guess I'm surprised the Phils didnt keep the red around for that reason.

24 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Ah yeah, thats right.  Yankees and Detroit have navy jerseys this spring that wont be worn in the regular season, so I guess I'm surprised the Phils didnt keep the red around for that reason.

They're getting City Connect uniforms which puts them at 4+1. They had to drop one, so red was chosen.

• Like 1

The Dodgers helmet logo is a similar case to the Yankees, where they have multiple LAs like the Yankees have multiple NYs.  

The Yankees cap NY doesn't match the helmet NY, and same with the Dodgers (albeit the Dodgers LAs were much closer to each other than the NYs.)  

99.999999999999% of people will never notice that the Dodgers' helmet logo changed, but that's why we're the 0.0000000001%.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The Dodgers helmet logo is a similar case to the Yankees, where they have multiple LAs like the Yankees have multiple NYs.  

The Yankees cap NY doesn't match the helmet NY, and same with the Dodgers (albeit the Dodgers LAs were much closer to each other than the NYs.)  

99.999999999999% of people will never notice that the Dodgers' helmet logo changed, but that's why we're the 0.0000000001%.

I think you're missing a couple of zeroes.  Nice touch for these boards 🙂

• LOL 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

The Phils' current uniform rotation is their home pinstripes, road grays, powder blue throwbacks and cream Sunday home alts, and so, because of Nike's 4+ 1 rule, the red jerseys became the odd man out.

• Like 2

The whole concept is flawed considering there's guys wearing championship uniforms who weren't even on the team last year.

And it still looks like a glorified softball uniform.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Phillies botched theirs by not simply making the stars gold.  It was such an obvious move to make, and would have lead to tons of new merch with the gold-star script.

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Still the best champion uniform that ever existed.

27681b_med.jpeg

17014499349_0a30cb7a77_b.jpg

blog0019.jpg

I'd love for the Orioles to be able to do something similar in the near future!

• Love 2