MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

The Mississippi Braves still use the pre-2016 Braves script. You can tell by the shape of the A and where the placket break is.

spacer.png

pre-2015 Braves:

spacer.png

Post-2016 Braves:

spacer.png

For a traditional franchise, the Braves have had a ton of changes to their home and road the last decade.

Recently, they’ve had scripts looking like this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

They finally cleaned up the home script, which looks much better:

spacer.png

However, it took them a few tries to fix the away script. They updated it to this version, which definitely made the “A” much closer to the cap logo, but the rest of the script felt too squished.

spacer.png

They fixed it a couple years later:

spacer.png

Here’s a side by side:

spacer.png

And now the change to the sleeve striping:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

For a traditional franchise, the Braves have had a ton of changes to their home and road the last decade.

Recently, they’ve had scripts looking like this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

They finally cleaned up the home script, which looks much better:

spacer.png

However, it took them a few tries to fix the away script. They updated it to this version, which definitely made the “A” much closer to the cap logo, but the rest of the script felt too squished.

spacer.png

They fixed it a couple years later:

spacer.png

Here’s a side by side:

spacer.png

And now the change to the sleeve striping:

spacer.png

I actually did an article on this last month breaking the story about the Braves changing their sleeve piping to a sleeve stripe.

https://housethathankbuilt.com/posts/don-t-blame-nike-the-atlanta-braves-have-constantly-tweaked-their-iconic-uniforms-01hmw19bq72b 

Grain of salt department: someone on discord mentioned a new teal city connect for the Diamondbacks. It would make sense to drop the sand CC because they're dropping this color altogether. I hope they wear the teal hat with the teal jersey!!!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

38 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Grain of salt department: someone on discord mentioned a new teal city connect for the Diamondbacks. It would make sense to drop the sand CC because they're dropping this color altogether. I hope they wear the teal hat with the teal jersey!!!

It wouldn’t be this year, since MLB & Nike already announced the teams that would be getting a new City Connect this year, & the Diamondbacks weren’t one of them.

• Meh 1

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'm shocked nobody is talking about the mothership's MLB season preview dropping on us that the Dodgers elevated their blue jersey to a permanent alternate. I've waited years for it and it finally happened

I am surprised that no one is talking about the athletics still having access to there yellow jerseys

• WOAH 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, FrutigerAero said:

The diamondback's black uniform with the teal has looked amazing.spacer.png

The black alternates are probably the ones I like the most from their update.

Also, man are those hats bright. It's like they're made of a metallic material. It will be different when they play in home games because of their park though.

2 hours ago, PurpleRain said:

Surprised the Mets City Connect hasn't leaked yet. A month out from its on-field debut.

I bet it has an apple on it somewhere.

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'm shocked nobody is talking about the mothership's MLB season preview dropping on us that the Dodgers elevated their blue jersey to a permanent alternate. I've waited years for it and it finally happened

What the... so dodgers will be playing in blue?  Weird.

6 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4ffh6gt.png

7 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

That’s not how I read it. We already know ST jerseys got the axe recently so anything in their wardrobe must satisfy the 4+1 (besides one offs) and could technically be worn in-season. Whether that actually happens remains to be seen. 

• Like 4

^ they just put this up in the last hour. It is definitely weird they haven’t come out and said “yes we changed our uniform.”

I know this has been kinda controversial for some (since the white trim has been around so long), but I love the change. I never like jerseys that put white trim up against the gray when the script already provides plenty of contrast, like the Tigers.

It also helps that the new jerseys harken back to the classics.

spacer.png

To me, this change elevates the Yanks from already one of the best in baseball to possibly the best.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 2

Dodgers players are reportedly wearing last year's pants for Opening Day. Someone will have to track the belt loops to see if anyone else follows suit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

24 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

Is it just me or do these jerseys not match with the pants?

angels.png

Uni Watch has covered this issue a couple of times. Pretty unbelievable. The Cardinals had the same issue in ST so i guess we will see what they look like on the road vs the Dodgers today. This is pathetic

• Like 1