MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

at least they got anniversary part right vs seasons.

Also fun that at least two of those buildingsin the backdrop didn't exist when the park opened. Interesting that there's no green in the logo, since most CBP marks have green in them.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not to jump backwards into two weeks ago, but did anyone else catch the Phillies Spring Breakout prospect team in the red alt jerseys?  A lot of these players weren't around last year, and those that were wouldn't have worn their usual (lower) numbers....so did Nike break their own rule just for a one-off game?
spacer.png

2 hours ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

Not to jump backwards into two weeks ago, but did anyone else catch the Phillies Spring Breakout prospect team in the red alt jerseys?  A lot of these players weren't around last year, and those that were wouldn't have worn their usual (lower) numbers....so did Nike break their own rule just for a one-off game?
spacer.png

Could have been extra stock the team had around from 2023.

4 hours ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

spacer.png

Teams have different jerseys for the minor leaguers. Twins have a red version of their current home uniform that only the minor leaguers use

hrn503a0gkdrout5imf4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Teams have different jerseys for the minor leaguers. Twins have a red version of their current home uniform that only the minor leaguers use

hrn503a0gkdrout5imf4.jpg

This is true as well.  The teams in the complex leagues (formerly Gulf Coast and Arizona Leagues) use these jerseys.

13 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

What's going on with the Rawlings logo on some players? I noticed a bunch of Guardians players with it as well. Didn't the league purchase Rawlings several years back?

The Rawlings jerseys are likely the jerseys that the complex leagues use.  Minor leagues require the uniforms to be different outfitters than the majors for some reason.  I used to work for the Blue Jays and Phillies in Florida and thats what was explained to me.

4 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

hrn503a0gkdrout5imf4.jpg

This is a nice look. Which other teams' minor leaguers have jerseys that their parent clubs don't wear?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

What's going on with the Rawlings logo on some players? I noticed a bunch of Guardians players with it as well. Didn't the league purchase Rawlings several years back?

Minor Leaguers that made up the extra numbers in camp. Guardians minor Leaguers also had plain white block nameplates.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

hrn503a0gkdrout5imf4.jpg

It says a lot about the current state of MLB uniforms that the minor leaguers have better gear than the major leaguers...well, except for the teams that have already succumbed to sublimation. 🤑

16 hours ago, TBGKon said:

The Rawlings jerseys are likely the jerseys that the complex leagues use.  Minor leagues require the uniforms to be different outfitters than the majors for some reason.  I used to work for the Blue Jays and Phillies in Florida and thats what was explained to me.

Probably so that they dont tie up the manufacturer of the Major's jerseys with their orders. Plus when you factor in all the novelty game jerseys Minor Leagues do, that's a lot of extra work. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coco1997 said:

This is a nice look. Which other teams' minor leaguers have jerseys that their parent clubs don't wear?

acl-brewers-shortstop-juan-baez-throws-during-an-arizona-complex-league-game-against-the-acl-dodgers-on-july-28-2023-at-camelback-ranch-in-glendale-arizona-tracy-proffittfour-seam-images-via-ap-2RGRDKH.jpg acl-rangers-pitcher-ivan-oviedo-49-during-an-arizona-complex-league-game-against-the-acl-dodgers-on-july-21-2023-at-camelback-ranch-in-glendale-arizona-tracy-proffittfour-seam-images-via-ap-2RXJ601.jpgColton_Cowser.jpg 52647998470_0a3b094cb5_n.jpg 51343995658_ef7643b24f_n.jpg 52576842443_0bd2740fe3_n.jpg

(that's a gray Tigers' jersey with the Old English D)

Back in the day, the Appalachian League was always good for some oddball hand-me-downs.

SP0624-Twins-Feature-A.jpgKinning-Brett-1-Westerholt.jpg

ghows-NC-c6f6ca6c-9502-481d-b8a0-de17870829ad-9714e6e5.jpeg?width=1200&disable=upscale&format=pjpg&auto=webp 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, eastfirst107 said:

acl-brewers-shortstop-juan-baez-throws-during-an-arizona-complex-league-game-against-the-acl-dodgers-on-july-28-2023-at-camelback-ranch-in-glendale-arizona-tracy-proffittfour-seam-images-via-ap-2RGRDKH.jpg acl-rangers-pitcher-ivan-oviedo-49-during-an-arizona-complex-league-game-against-the-acl-dodgers-on-july-21-2023-at-camelback-ranch-in-glendale-arizona-tracy-proffittfour-seam-images-via-ap-2RXJ601.jpgColton_Cowser.jpg 52647998470_0a3b094cb5_n.jpg 51343995658_ef7643b24f_n.jpg 52576842443_0bd2740fe3_n.jpg

(that's a gray Tigers' jersey with the Old English D)

Back in the day, the Appalachian League was always good for some oddball hand-me-downs.

SP0624-Twins-Feature-A.jpgKinning-Brett-1-Westerholt.jpg

ghows-NC-c6f6ca6c-9502-481d-b8a0-de17870829ad-9714e6e5.jpeg?width=1200&disable=upscale&format=pjpg&auto=webp 

I really dig that Brewers jersey. I wish the Crew had a regular season alternate with the BiG logo on it. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

FCL Astros

fcl-astros-blue-richel-del-rosario-8-bef

FCL Mets

FCL-Mets-Vargas-Marco-08-08-2023-4A-e169

The FCL Rays have used their own in previous seasons too

MiLB-080719-1001-MJ.jpg

jul-02-gulf-coast-league-gcl-rays-at-gcl

13 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

FCL Mets

FCL-Mets-Vargas-Marco-08-08-2023-4A-e169

Dear NY Mets, Please make this jersey an alternate preferably replacing that atrocity of a black jersey.  This is fun, vibrant, different, and above all uses the actual Mets colors.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I really dig that Brewers jersey. I wish the Crew had a regular season alternate with the BiG logo on it. 

I remember when they wore their Batting Practice jerseys in 2014 and 2016 randomly. It was only a handful of times.

61fe633e9105b.image.jpg

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

27 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I remember when they wore their Batting Practice jerseys in 2014 and 2016 randomly. It was only a handful of times.

61fe633e9105b.image.jpg

The only thing that is keeping this from being a great uniform IMO would be the yellow piping on the side of the jersey...

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png