MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

10 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Uni Watch has covered this issue a couple of times. Pretty unbelievable. The Cardinals had the same issue in ST so i guess we will see what they look like on the road vs the Dodgers today. This is pathetic

Wow somehow I missed that. Looks like the Cardinals were the only team to wear gray in ST but this confirms it's a league-wide problem. Really is pathetic.

• Like 3

I'm still looking for a pic, but I would have to say the Rays might have a sleeve ad coming soon.  The ray patch logo on the sleeve is now interchangeable and some players have it facing forward on the right sleeve and some have it facing backwards on the left sleeve.

Also, looks set very low on the sleeve...ugh.  Looks awful.  At this point, come up with something new that is symmetrical or just drop it.

Edit: snagged pics and posted to X.  Toronto's name and number on the back don't look awful, and I think its due to being single color.  Rays are navy outlined in white which makes them look tiny.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

That’s not how I read it. We already know ST jerseys got the axe recently so anything in their wardrobe must satisfy the 4+1 (besides one offs) and could technically be worn in-season. Whether that actually happens remains to be seen. 

The Dodgers blue jerseys are listed specifically as "ALTERNATE" in the style guide, whereas the Tigers and Yankees both fill their quotas with jerseys tagged "SPRING TRAINING"

• Like 1

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

45 minutes ago, CC97 said:

The Dodgers blue jerseys are listed specifically as "ALTERNATE" in the style guide, whereas the Tigers and Yankees both fill their quotas with jerseys tagged "SPRING TRAINING"

Good to know! Wouldn’t mind seeing them worn. Definitely better than the City Connects.

• Like 1

Most of the all-gray away uniforms today looked terrible due to the mismatched shades of the pants and jerseys.

The only ones that I couldn't tell were the Yankees and Giants. 

Just a huge, huge disappointment that needs to be fixed ASAP. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bbush24 said:

Is it just me or do these jerseys not match with the pants?

angels.png

My "watched the Orioles opener on TV" observations...
The changes look bad on the Orioles, but ghastly on the angels. WTF is up with white trim on the front but not the back? Does that somehow make the Angels 0.00025% faster? The smaller NOB and front numbers were particularly evident on the Angels' kit, as they used the larger NOB and front number fonts last year...and it was not a good look. 
There was no reason whatsoever to change the Orioles' front numbers, so eff you very much Nike for that change. It also appears to me that the Orioles script is smaller this year. The NOB change is marginally less jarring, as the Orioles used smaller NOB letters anyway, but it still sucks. Let's hope against hope that this massive downgrade of a uniform "system" is quietly shelved before 2025.

Members of the new Orioles ownership group were roaming Camden Yards wearing jerseys in last season's template. The comparison between those jerseys and the ones their players donned for on-field use was, shall we say, not flattering. SMDH. 🤑

Edited by M59
Stuff

To add to like 800 other complaints on here…the tiny NOBs just look awful. Just cheap and amateurish. 

This entire template change is just thanks to some idiotic “good idea fairy” at Nike trying to fix something that didn’t need fixing

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Apparently the Royals big NOBs were only for ST and they get the small ones like everyone else. Sorry for the low res images. Best I can find are screenshot from their IG story.

spacer.png

spacer.png

From what I’ve seen so far, if a team uses a single color NOB, it looks fine to me. The ones that look bad are the teams with an outline, like the Rays below. It’s especially bad because the white outline gives the letter the appearance of being even smaller.

• Like 5

Improved moisture wicking capabilities.

• LOL 4
  • Meh 1
  • Facepalm 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not a uniform change, but aesthetics-related, the Rays changed the artificial turf at Tropicana field and it looks much better to me.  Apparently it performs better too but for watching on TV makes the place brighter and more colorful.  The clips I saw from opening day were looking pretty good.

• Like 5

It finally hit me as to what these nike uniforms look like: it's video game renderings. Always something that bothered me about them. even the best games, is that the unis have an uncanny valley vibe. Numbers too small, trim too weird, player names always "off". What if Nike's team is full of people that spent more hours playing 2K or The Show than they did watching baseball. It could explain a lot.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Krona said:

It finally hit me as to what these nike uniforms look like: it's video game renderings. Always something that bothered me about them. even the best games, is that the unis have an uncanny valley vibe. Numbers too small, trim too weird, player names always "off". What if Nike's team is full of people that spent more hours playing 2K or The Show than they did watching baseball. It could explain a lot.

It's funny you say this because the uniforms in The Show look way better than they do in real life at this point.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

bSLCtu2.png