• White Sox
  • Braves
  • Nationals
  • Mets
  • Red Sox

Teams that have only worn an alternate so far:

• Brewers
  • Blue Jays

The Giants don't have a road alternate, so they are TBD. Some of the teams listed were wearing their alternates in spring training but have not worn them in the regular season. Not saying all of the teams listed are missing uniforms, because some teams go on runs of not wearing some uniforms. Also we're only 3-5 games into the season, so who knows

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

No, this is just an upcharge strategy New Era has implemented for several years. Slap a couple of patches on the side of an existing 59Fifty and up the price $5-10.

I did see a variant of a new city connect cap for the angels, where the surf board took up most the side panel and no white front panels. Solid red cap with the outline of the “A” in silver.

7 minutes ago, bcon_731 said:

I did see a variant of a new city connect cap for the angels, where the surf board took up most the side panel and no white front panels. Solid red cap with the outline of the “A” in silver.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

5 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Texas Rangers

Oakland Athletics

Toronto Blue Jays

Atlanta Braves

Minnesota Twins

San Diego Padres

Los Angeles Dodgers

Los Angeles Angels

Miami Marlins

St. Louis Cardinals

I'd argue the Rangers road greys are better than their home whites, and the rest the road greys are on par with the home whites (some of them are literally the same design both home and away). This isn't to say I hate all the road greys not mentioned, but some of them are definitely the weaker uniform

11 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

More of an overall question: not considering the new template, are there any teams whose road grays are better, or at least on par with the home whites? I can't think of a single team where the road gray isn't just a worse uniform design than the home uniform

It's a odd question, because most teams' road uniforms are just a gray version of their home set, usually with a different wordmark, so it really comes down to whether you find a white or gray uniform more appealing. 

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Sunday home I think. I guess on the road it's up to the home team so who knows.

I guess if a team with a light blue jersey like the Rays or teal like the Mariners ever wore one of those, that could be a potential conflict, but otherwise they can probably wear it whenever.

I find it odd that teams like the Mets, White Sox, and A’s, who keep losing, insist on wearing their standard white home jerseys every game. Cant hurt to switch it up.

The A’s especially disappoint me with how great and unique their Kelly greens are. They’ve been opposed to those since the second half of last season it seems like. I don’t get it.

6 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I find it odd that teams like the Mets, White Sox, and A’s, who keep losing, insist on wearing their standard white home jerseys every game. Cant hurt to switch it up.

The A’s especially disappoint me with how great and unique their Kelly greens are. They’ve been opposed to those since the second half of last season it seems like. I don’t get it.

The A's green jersey says Oakland so they're probably not going to really wear it much in the coming seasons considering the people of Oakland and the city itself hates the team and they already got one foot out the door.

I'm aware the road jersey also says Oakland but that's on the road and I wouldn't be surprised if the team got cute and debuted a new road jersey saying Athletics next season or something.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

If there's one improvement from the Fanatics hostile takeover it's the sleeves on the Reds road jerseys. 

GKIBRbMWMAA0BCW?format=jpg&name=medium

This is what it used to look like 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAi_LPjAY_-ZGZ0dblZ-K

Now it's an accidental callback to the 1990 uniforms and we're one step closer to my dream of wearing these with belts and buttons. 

3df7604f0c0277d9ae61bbdca79a9b87346ae02f

call it a pleasant surprise when I turned the game on last night. 

• Like 9

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think it's interesting the Braves have a new navy jersey, but four games into the season they have worn grey each time. It could be nothing, but I wonder if they're going to prefer to wear the traditional greys more this season. The new blue  jersey kind of looks purple (a consequence of it being a more reflective material, a lighter shade of blue, and the eye-trick of the red piping blending in with it). 

I would not be mad if this is the case. Still disappointed in the change, the grey piping for a road top to match the pants was a nice touch. 

I wonder if they "sent" it back to get the shade darker. I noticed during Spring Training that it was much lighter than the Twins jersey.

I also wonder if Nike somehow dropped the ball and used the color palette from pre-2017 and that's why the navy jersey and the current outline on the home and away jerseys are so much lighter. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

More of an overall question: not considering the new template, are there any teams whose road grays are better, or at least on par with the home whites? I can't think of a single team where the road gray isn't just a worse uniform design than the home uniform

spacer.png

I like how the white inline trim on the name & numbers pops off the grey background, and it's the only jersey that actually says TORONTO.

spacer.png

The Rockies actually look like a purple team on the road, as opposed to the home jerseys which just look like White Sox rip-offs unless you're close enough to notice that the pinstripes are purple.

• Like 15

14 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Teams that have not worn one of their alternates so far:

• Twins
  • Royals
  • A's
  • Dodgers
  • Angels
  • Cardinals
  • White Sox
  • Braves
  • Nationals
  • Mets
  • Red Sox

Teams that have only worn an alternate so far:

• Brewers
  • Blue Jays

The Giants don't have a road alternate, so they are TBD. Some of the teams listed were wearing their alternates in spring training but have not worn them in the regular season. Not saying all of the teams listed are missing uniforms, because some teams go on runs of not wearing some uniforms. Also we're only 3-5 games into the season, so who knows

After the end of last season, the Red Sox said they'd use their alternates a lot more sparingly. They announced the yellow City Connect uniforms will only be worn for Saturday home games, and while specifics weren't given on the red and navy jerseys, it was said we'd see a lot more of the white and grey jerseys. Last year, they let the pitcher decide which jersey they were wearing and kept the yellow ones on during winning streaks. 

At one point, the Red Sox wore yellow in 7 consecutive games and wore the white and grey jerseys a combined 9 times in a single month. 

August 2023 Uniform Lineup for the Boston Red Sox

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

It's a odd question, because most teams' road uniforms are just a gray version of their home set, usually with a different wordmark, so it really comes down to whether you find a white or gray uniform more appealing. 

I guess I was only thinking about teams where this isn't true (after a lot of good road jerseys were posted). The Reds, Giants, Cubs, Yankees all have great home whites, but the roads grays are so boring. Maybe it's the switch from a logo on the upper left to a wordmark. Even the Reds script Red uniforms are worse than the ones they replaced.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sport said:

If there's one improvement from the Fanatics hostile takeover it's the sleeves on the Reds road jerseys. 

GKIBRbMWMAA0BCW?format=jpg&name=medium

This is what it used to look like 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAi_LPjAY_-ZGZ0dblZ-K

Now it's an accidental callback to the 1990 uniforms and we're one step closer to my dream of wearing these with belts and buttons. 

3df7604f0c0277d9ae61bbdca79a9b87346ae02f

call it a pleasant surprise when I turned the game on last night. 

Reds have desperately needed to drop black for like 20 years at this point

• Like 15
  • Applause 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

22 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

So if the Phillies wear the new City Connects on Fridays, that means the only time you will see home pinstripes for a weekend home series is on Sundays. In return you get whatever the garbage they're releasing + the new yellow Saturday alternates...

most Sundays they wear the cream throwbacks, as that’s their “day game” alt. They’ll only wear home pinstripes on Sunday if it’s an espn night game. 

they’ll also wear the pinstripes on Saturday night games. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After watching a few games, the smaller/arched NOB is so cheap looking it's actually distracting. By far the worst part of the changes.

It's somehow worse/more distracting than the ads. I just cringed as I typed that, but it's true.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

Reds have desperately needed to drop black for like 20 years at this point

It would be hard to find a Reds fan at this point who disagrees with you.

The black drop shadows look even worse with the larger sleeve cuffs. Also, it felt like the drop shadows are slightly larger now. 

compare previous years

1174545295.jpg.0.jpg

5ZHXABCAEJNLFCDZHU4MKF5B7I.jpg?auth=16ea

and last night. 

01hte7qeg1q9hqj8zzvy

reds-philadelphia-AP-24093077713468

hard to say. Something's different there. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, Sport said:

compare previous years

1174545295.jpg.0.jpg

and last night. 

reds-philadelphia-AP-24093077713468

hard to say. Something's different there. 

You're actually on to something here. It's now a 'cast' shadow now instead of a 'drop' shadow. You can really see it in the serifs of the I and Ns.

The wordmark also looks slightly less tall before. I don't know, but it's definitely not the same mark as before.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

You're actually on to something here. It's now a 'cast' shadow now instead of a 'drop' shadow. You can really see it in the serifs of the I and Ns.

The wordmark also looks slightly less tall before. I don't know, but it's definitely not the same mark as before.

Good catch. I expanded the picture of Spencer Steer and now I see it. 

I guess that's an improvement because now it matches the numbers, but it feels like it's heavier on the black, which I don't like. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png