MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Reds have desperately needed to drop black for like 20 years at this point

That and it’s a gimmicky “old timey” font that you’d find on Creative Market for $20. It’s also one of Brandiose’s first baseball projects and purging Brandiose is always preferred.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Tigers City Connect is debuting May 10, with merch available May 6.

Most I've seen are believing it will be navy/orange and feature the '90s Tiger face logo.

Are those supposed to be tire tracks on the right?

27 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That and it’s a gimmicky “old timey” font that you’d find on Creative Market for $20. It’s also one of Brandiose’s first baseball projects and purging Brandiose is always preferred.

I’ve always liked the old-timey font 🤷‍♂️ It alludes to the Reds’ history as the oldest MLB franchise, and ties in well with Mr. Redleg and that 19th century aesthetic. That’s one element of the current brand I’d be sad to see go.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I’ve always liked the old-timey font 🤷‍♂️ It alludes to the Reds’ history as the oldest MLB franchise, and ties in well with Mr. Redleg and that 19th century aesthetic. That’s one element of the current brand I’d be sad to see go.

I liked this concept you shared in one of your threads.

• Like 14
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I’ve always liked the old-timey font 🤷‍♂️ It alludes to the Reds’ history as the oldest MLB franchise

Even though they're really not...the Braves have more valid claims to being that, the Reds are just a phoenix club by comparison.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

19 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Teams that have not worn one of their alternates so far:

• Twins
  • Royals
  • A's
  • Dodgers
  • Angels
  • Cardinals
  • White Sox
  • Braves
  • Nationals
  • Mets
  • Red Sox

Teams that have only worn an alternate so far:

• Brewers
  • Blue Jays

The Giants don't have a road alternate, so they are TBD. Some of the teams listed were wearing their alternates in spring training but have not worn them in the regular season. Not saying all of the teams listed are missing uniforms, because some teams go on runs of not wearing some uniforms. Also we're only 3-5 games into the season, so who knows

Twins are wearing the navy blue alternate today

And the Brewers cream uniforms might be the worst culprit so far of see through pants. I can clearly see where the tucked in jersey ends on the starting pitcher from the goddamn centerfield camera

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The Reds are not the oldest team. The original Cincinnati Red Stockings were the first all-professional baseball team. The city of Cincinnati is honored for this, not the Reds. They simply benefit from it's history as they are the team that is currently (since 1881) playing in Cincinnati.

• Like 1

good 90s Tigers CC inspiration:

s-l1600.jpg

636515542522936409-RED-SOX-TIGERS-2-.JPG

bad 90s Tigers CC inspiration:

297217767_445347624298634_30476231543413

if you want the tiger-in-D cap to be ruined for you forever, have you ever noticed how the old English D has an orange outline, but the tiger parts had white outlines for reasons?

IMG_4673.jpg

compare that to the superior no-outline version on the infamous one-day-navy-alternate jersey... it makes no sense.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The orange outline is unnecessary, but at that scale, the tiger might look weird if not bounded by the white outline.  It’s not really an issue at the lager scale version used on the jersey

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

if anything, making the logo less complex at smaller sizes is typically the best solution.

Regardless, it’s one of the busiest, detailed logos I’ve ever seen… it’s probably never going to work well embroidered at that size, with or without outlines

1 minute ago, PlayGloria said:

I said this earlier, but that Tigers CC graphic had tire tracks on the right hand side. There's going to be some kind of Detroit Motor City element to this thing.

Is it tire tracks? Or is it just some orange bars a graphic designer thought looked cool?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

23 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Is it tire tracks? Or is it just some orange bars a graphic designer thought looked cool?

You could be correct... but none of these teams has just straight up rolled out retro uniform. They need the city connect element from somewhere. Motor City is the perfect low hanging fruit to snag 

12 hours ago, GFB said:

good 90s Tigers CC inspiration:

s-l1600.jpg

636515542522936409-RED-SOX-TIGERS-2-.JPG

bad 90s Tigers CC inspiration:

297217767_445347624298634_30476231543413

if you want the tiger-in-D cap to be ruined for you forever, have you ever noticed how the old English D has an orange outline, but the tiger parts had white outlines for reasons?

IMG_4673.jpg

compare that to the superior no-outline version on the infamous one-day-navy-alternate jersey... it makes no sense.

Looking at that top jersey, monochrome navy with racing stripes could be pretty cool. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 1

3 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Looking at that top jersey, monochrome navy with racing stripes could be pretty cool. 

Tigers feel like a team that would have worked perfectly in the heydey of the racing stripes.

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

3 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

Tigers feel like a team that would have worked perfectly in the heydey of the racing stripes.

Yeah, they weirdly started wearing them by the time most teams had already stopped:

s319946144375161906_p524_i1_w600.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

You could be correct... but none of these teams has just straight up rolled out retro uniform. They need the city connect element from somewhere. Motor City is the perfect low hanging fruit to snag 

Atlanta came pretty close.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

23 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I agree. I've never liked that font. It's trying too hard to be "old timey." And for type that's meant to invoke the past, it seems to have lived past its prime. Novelty fonts like that feel like a relic of the early 2000s or 2010s. 

I'd like to see the Reds follow the path of the Brewers and Twins and find ways to modernize their classic '70s look without turning it into a novelty. 

• Like 5