MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

17 hours ago, GFB said:

good 90s Tigers CC inspiration:

s-l1600.jpg

Something like this would be pretty decent, as long as it's paired with regular gray or white pants. Maybe I'm scarred by some of the atrocities Nike has put out in the NBA's City Edition program, but I'm a little afraid of what the Tigers are going to do. But they have been pretty adamant about maintaining a fairly traditional look over the years. Having said that, I'm also the guy who has hoped at times they'd add a road-only navy alternate top, something akin to an inverse of the regular home jersey.

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

s319946144375161906_p524_i1_w600.jpeg

I also always kinda liked the orange bill on the road hat for the Tigers.

• Like 3

Marlins are rocking the blues again today, which means it isn't just a Sunday thing. That makes me happy.

Still no sign of the Angels' red tops though, which they generally wear pretty regularly.

Nice to see the A's in the kelly greens last night for 11 innings.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Something like this would be pretty decent, as long as it's paired with regular gray or white pants.

If Detroit's City Connect jersey is navy, I actually hope they pair it with matching pants. After all, there's a precedent for it:

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I'd like to see the Reds follow the path of the Brewers and Twins and find ways to modernize their classic '70s look without turning it into a novelty. 

In my opinion, the Reds should return to this look, which was their best ever:

EJbh0IkXYAs3lMM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 4

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

10 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

If Detroit's City Connect jersey is navy, I actually hope they pair it with matching pants. After all, there's a precedent for it:

spacer.png

I expect it to be an all-navy uniform mixed with elements of away uniforms from three World Series winning seasons.

Gray hats from 1935

spacer.png

Sleeve numbers from 1968

spacer.png

Arched script style from 1984, but probably "Motor City" instead of Detroit

spacer.png

• Like 5

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

In my opinion, the Reds should return to this look, which was their best ever:

EJbh0IkXYAs3lMM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Agree 100%

I quite literally had this discussion last week after reading the Uni Watch column regarding  their 2019 throwbacks.

(Also I was born in Cincy and as a kid my little sister had a toddler version of that cap!)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not new for the Braves, but I thought it was note worthy given the blue alternate changed. This is the first look at red alternate on the new template and it’ll stay in the wardrobe without any changes.

spacer.png

It’s interesting they’ve played five games and all five have been in the road grays. Usually they tend to split usage between the grays and the navy blues.

If they keep the same schedule as the last couple years, red are worn on Friday home games while the City Connects are used for Saturdays. Home whites for weekdays and Sundays.

I would cut off my pinky toe if the Braves could just rotate the regular home, regular grey road, bring back the "ivory" Sunday alternates, and wear the true 1974 throwbacks on a regular basis (replacing the CC slot on Saturday nights)

The fact they had  to shelve either for the sake of this Nike-fied current uniform suite is depressing.

20120609_jla_av3_571.jpgacuna-what-pros-wear.jpg

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

21 hours ago, GFB said:

if anything, making the logo less complex at smaller sizes is typically the best solution.

I totally agree, I just think that in that one specific example, the tiger would be indiscernible without an outline since it's stripes would blend with the navy and the shape of the body might not be distinct enough.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I would cut off my pinky toe if the Braves could just rotate the regular home, regular grey road, bring back the "ivory" Sunday alternates, and wear the true 1974 throwbacks on a regular basis (replacing the CC slot on Saturday nights)

The fact they had  to shelve either for the sake of this Nike-fied current uniform suite is depressing.

20120609_jla_av3_571.jpgacuna-what-pros-wear.jpg

I love each of those uniforms, but this seems more like an organizational decision rather than something spearheaded by Nike. They can have 5 uniforms under the 4+1. All they’d have to do would be to shelve the red or navy (or both) and they could reintroduce either of those. But it seems like they’re content with their current alternates and feel the CC scratches that 1970s throwback itch enough to be satisfied.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, coco1997 said:

spacer.png

Agreed.  There should be more monochrome in baseball, depending on the base color.  This would work fine (though I'd rather the socks match the cap and belt).  I think most teams could get away with it.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

32 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Maybe, but I'd lean probably not. With the Women's Final Four in Cleveland and the logo has shades of blue, so it's probably a one off or something.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Are there any recent examples in other pro sports leagues of teams having uniforms literally not available before the season?

1970 brewers. not very recent. but they had to use the old pilots jerseys.

• WOAH 1

21 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Are there any recent examples in other pro sports leagues of teams having uniforms literally not available before the season?

The Eagles didn't have their green when they switched over to the Elite 51 Nike jerseys for over half a season. They wore white at home, then thier black alternates for majority of the season because Nike couldn't get the colors right. 

• Like 4