MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

51 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

More of an overall question: not considering the new template, are there any teams whose road grays are better, or at least on par with the home whites? I can't think of a single team where the road gray isn't just a worse uniform design than the home uniform

I'm biased, but I love the current White Sox road unis. Of course, they were better when they had the dual thick pant stripes as seen below:

chicago-white-sox-catcher-aj-pierzynski-

• Like 10

Phillies releasing their City Connect on Friday, and will wear it for all Friday home games :puke:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2024/04/the-phillies-are-releasing-the-city-connect-jerseys-this-week.html

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So if the Phillies wear the new City Connects on Fridays, that means the only time you will see home pinstripes for a weekend home series is on Sundays. In return you get whatever the garbage they're releasing + the new yellow Saturday alternates...

6 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

Nah, since they rebranded last year the names are already a little smaller than the standard block names from last year.

They also will have an ad any time now. They have moved the MN patch on the sleeve dependent on the player.

The letters sure don't look small to me, they look much bigger then other teams and looked almost twice as big as Royals after their forced change

3 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

Are these the new city connect caps for the rockies? spacer.pngspacer.png

No, this is just an upcharge strategy New Era has implemented for several years. Slap a couple of patches on the side of an existing 59Fifty and up the price $5-10.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

More of an overall question: not considering the new template, are there any teams whose road grays are better, or at least on par with the home whites? I can't think of a single team where the road gray isn't just a worse uniform design than the home uniform

This is considering the new template, which isn’t  what you asked, but: although I like the Twins’ home jersey slightly more than their away, on the new Nike template, the away jersey made it through relatively unscathed: since it has pinstripes, there’s no collar insert, nor are their perforations in the numbers. Unfortunately the home jersey got subjugated to both of those.

That’s not factoring in the mismatching grays though, which is an absolute abomination.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Sunday home games or all Sunday games? I really hope it's not reserved for just one day out of the week.

Going by past seasons, probably just home games.  Of course, it can change this season, but they've only had home games so far so we dont know.

Not sure if they qualify as road grays, but...

spacer.png

• Like 17
  • Hurl 1

spacer.png

Texas Rangers

Oakland Athletics

Toronto Blue Jays

Atlanta Braves

Minnesota Twins

San Diego Padres

Los Angeles Dodgers

Los Angeles Angels

Miami Marlins

St. Louis Cardinals

I'd argue the Rangers road greys are better than their home whites, and the rest the road greys are on par with the home whites (some of them are literally the same design both home and away). This isn't to say I hate all the road greys not mentioned, but some of them are definitely the weaker uniform

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

7 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

I'm not sure what I think of the New Yankees gray uniforms. As someone who values parallel looks between homes and roads when possible I guess it's good that both and home and away uniforms have no cuff stirpes. 

I feel the Mets, Tigers and White Sox have fantastic road grays.  Most others are on par or close to it, and the Nats have managed to somehow surpass the Cubs for worst gray uniform.  Seriously, the Cubs should just make the blues the road jersey and fill one or both of the other slots with throwbacks, that'd be an improvement over the snoozefest that is their current grays.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Pirates have yet to wear their road greys this year. I wonder if they're one of the teams that had issues with shipments as well. 

Nevermind, they wore them in game 2 against the Marlins.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I think it's interesting the Braves have a new navy jersey, but four games into the season they have worn grey each time. It could be nothing, but I wonder if they're going to prefer to wear the traditional greys more this season. The new blue  jersey kind of looks purple (a consequence of it being a more reflective material, a lighter shade of blue, and the eye-trick of the red piping blending in with it). 

I would not be mad if this is the case. Still disappointed in the change, the grey piping for a road top to match the pants was a nice touch.