2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

1 hour ago, Thunderbird35 said:

I know that this opinion isn’t popular with a lot of fans, but the Coyotes will be back. Probably when the Suns need a new arena, or at least upgrades. The league broke their backs trying to make it work in Phoenix. They aren’t turning their backs on such a big market. 

You keep saying that like you believe it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

I actually like UTAH's placeholder jersey more than a handful of teams primary home jerseys. 

All in all the league looks pretty damn good though. 

I agree. It looks simple and classic. And way better that Columbus, Washington and Carolina. 

12 hours ago, Thunderbird35 said:

The Kachina will be back in the valley, even if it takes 15 years. 

That's even better than what I suggested. It's going to cost a lot of money for anyone who undertakes this project, but the league does seem hellbent on having a team there if only to point to it on a map during one of their pitches to TV executives.

11 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Is it clear who owns the Coyotes IP? Did it go back to the NHL?

This is what was tweeted yesterday. Stay tuned I guess...

18 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

1) I should be so lucky!

2) The Oilers were a travesty of a relocation as opposed to this 15-years-overdue mercy killing. Part of the reason they kept the name was because they had to leave a year early from pissing everyone off so much, then play in a different city than the one they were moving to, which pissed everyone off even more. I wouldn't take any cues from Bud Adams.

3) Compared to the Coyotes, a Rick Roll is an interesting link. This would just be a coincidence.

4) Again, not that nice, and again, you gotta cut the cord from what might go down as the worst sports franchise of all time. Utah should have had this stuff at the ready, no excuse for this HC nonsense, but they could not go on being the Coyotes.

1) Lol, agreed.

2) Personally, I like the owners who don't relocate their teams. Can't think of a single good owner who did such a thing.

3) A Coyotes jersey in the Utah Jazz black, purple, light blue & copper would probably look extremely good, and that's kinda what we do here. Just sayin'...

4) Agreed on both counts to an extent, the ideal would be to roll out a new name from day one, but they did not do that. It's gonna be Utah HC and it's gonna suck for one year. The Utah colours are nice and the jerseys have a nice classic "hockey sweater" look to them, but c'mon man... they don't even have a logo.

Also, I don't really agree that team names can become toxic, unless they're outright racist or just plain dumb I suppose. That's not really a thing that happens. If Cleveland ever gets another NHL team you best believe I'm gonna argue that they should be called the Barons.

thecatch.jpg

The Kings rebrand is damn near immaculate. I know many of you expected a new look but I think this one is a 9.5/10.  A pox upon those dang toilet seat collars however. The sooner that ends, the better.

The Ducks rebrand is not without its issues (you've all made excellent points throughout these last few pages, I must say) but goddamn they look so much better than they did last year. The mid 2000's to mid 2010's were not aesthetically pleasing times for the National Hockey League.

• Like 5

thecatch.jpg

I think that it's the color balance of the Ducks that makes me not a fan.  The orange is just too bright of a color to be that monotonous.  The Sharks works a bit better since the teal is darker but the Ducks are just jarring and that much brightness in a weird way makes them kind of blah.  The roads work because there's enough white to balance everything but the home look is a bit much.

The Kings are almost perfection.  The only nit I have to pick is maybe one too many number outlines but that's overshadowed by the death of everything that's been repurposed and thrown into a blender dating back to 1998.

• Like 2

VmWIn6B.png

I would've put the "Duck foot D" patch on the pants and not had any shoulder patches. I think it would just look a lot less cluttered that way. Also you avoid the "doubling of the logo" effect they have going on here.

Also, not to overanalyze this or anything, but why would you put a foot on the arm? Know what I mean? That should probably be near the legs, right?

• Like 1

thecatch.jpg

13 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

Also, not to overanalyze this or anything, but why would you put a foot on the arm? Know what I mean? That should probably be near the legs, right?

Because it's a logo and not anything else?

Avs had the yeti foot on the shoulder and it was widely popular. 

• LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Teams that desperately need new home and road jerseys in order...

1) Carolina - Takes the top spot cause the jerseys don't remotely match. 
2) Washington - A relic from the darkest years of hockey aesthetics.
3) Columbus - Use the Reverse Retro 2.0 template with the thicker striping and the sleeve stars.   The logos are fine.
4) Nashville - The gold is fine and so are the logos.  The striping, frankly sucks.
5) Senators - The flat gold that looks more like Khaki sinks the entire design. 
6) Lightning - Incorporate black and silver.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Because it's a logo and not anything else?

Avs had the yeti foot on the shoulder and it was widely popular. 

Well, not to get too sidetracked here but that logo placement was also wrong, despite its wide popularity.

(not with me, I hate that logo)

thecatch.jpg

6 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

Well, not to get too sidetracked here but that logo placement was also wrong, despite its wide popularity.

(not with me, I hate that logo)

how is the logo placement wrong though

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

how is the logo placement wrong though

34 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

I would've put the "Duck foot D" patch on the pants and not had any shoulder patches. I think it would just look a lot less cluttered that way. Also you avoid the "doubling of the logo" effect they have going on here.

• Like 1

thecatch.jpg

Weird thing with the Wild that I've  noticed. They have had a hanger effect of  Minnesota script on the road jersey since it was unveiled in 2013. But when the better matching home came out in 2017, under Adidas, there was no hanger effect. And the same thing for most of the photos for the Fanatics reveal,  but there's one that has the matching hanger mark in the home collar. Does anyone know if this is going to be the actual change? Or just a mistake?

Wild1.png

WIld3.jpg

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

24 minutes ago, Cujo said:

These would be long gone had 2018 not happened.

What's wild about that was that the Capitals didn't just keep the piping and yoke, they even gave it a small update! I can't believe they thought it was appealing enough for it to stick around.

Capitals expect to have Holtby as they try to sweep Flyers

Meet the 2018 Washington Capitals - WTOP News

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morgan33 said:

Teams that desperately need new home and road jerseys in order...

1) Carolina - Takes the top spot cause the jerseys don't remotely match. 
2) Washington - A relic from the darkest years of hockey aesthetics.
3) Columbus - Use the Reverse Retro 2.0 template with the thicker striping and the sleeve stars.   The logos are fine.
4) Nashville - The gold is fine and so are the logos.  The striping, frankly sucks.
5) Senators - The flat gold that looks more like Khaki sinks the entire design. 
6) Lightning - Incorporate black and silver.

Good list. 

Caps are #1 in my book by a long shot. 

Not sure I agree with the Senators at 5 though. Lightning ahead of them. The Sens recent rebrand was fine but not perfect. I've seen concepts by some of the talented people on this site that look far better. That being said, I don't think it was a disaster.