2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

I'd love Belichick as an assistant with Buffalo. McDermott is a dumbass and Belichick doesn't shrink under pressure.

Of course, Belichick breathing down McDermott's neck is a disaster in the making, but if they could play ball it would at least be an interesting idea.

And when McDermott is inevitably put out pasture, we can at least kick the tires on the guy who won a :censored:ton of games with the GOAT QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'd love Belichick as an assistant with Buffalo. McDermott is a dumbass and Belichick doesn't shrink under pressure.

Of course, Belichick breathing down McDermott's neck is a disaster in the making, but if they could play ball it would at least be an interesting idea.

And when McDermott is inevitably put out pasture, we can at least kick the tires on the guy who won a :censored:ton of games with the GOAT QB.

I don't know if we see Belichick coach again unless a team out there is willing to sacrifice their entire front office to land him.  And does anyone want their team to have Josh McDaniels, Joe Judge and Matt Patricia as assistant coaches?  

Sean McDermott, Mike McCarthy, Nick Sirianni, Dennis Allen and Matt Eberflus are all on the hot seat coming into the season as the Shadow of Belichick will linger in those NFL cities all over the season.  There's an outside shot of 2025 being the final season of Andy Reid's Hall of Fame career, so would Bill or Vrabel go to Kansas City?  Both would be better options than Matt Nagy.  BTW, all of them except McCarthy would probably be assistant coaches again very quickly.  

11 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Vrabel seems to me like a guy who doesn't want to deal with NIL or the Transfer Portal on a daily basis.  

I agree, but Ohio State is one of the few programs in the country where they would support him with a GM to manage the roster and transfer portal, coaching assistants who double as ace recruiters, and a Head of NIL to deal with collectives  where Vrabel could just be the football coach.

• Like 1

Shocked that the Eagles are opening the season in Brazil as the home team.  Don't they usually try to avoid taking home games away from teams that always sell out?  Especially in a season where NFC already has one fewer home game?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Shocked that the Eagles are opening the season in Brazil as the home team.  Don't they usually try to avoid taking home games away from teams that always sell out?  Especially in a season where NFC already has one fewer home game?

Wait... I'm shocked—actually, no I'm not because this is the NFL here—but now they're trying to play actual meaningful games in Brazil??? What is Goodell's deal for real?? 

They may as well barnstorm the entire Global South at this point...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Brazil?

The NFL can :censored: off.

• Dislike 3

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Eagles do have 9 home games this coming season. So one them will be the Brazil game. Cowboys, Giants, Commanders, Browns, Falcons, Packers, Jaguars, Panthers & Steelers. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

He'd retire before he'd go back to being an assistant.

That's why it's so funny no one wants him.

The hot new thing is CrossFit 36-year-olds. Once Andy Reid retires, that's it.

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

Don't they usually try to avoid taking home games away from teams that always sell out?  Especially in a season where NFC already has one fewer home game?

The NFL changed it so that all teams will play an international game. I'm for it because it keeps from exhausting some teams from having all those games while others didn't. This way it's more even and fair.

Since 2021, the league made the conference who has 9 home games be the one who host the international game.

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The NFL changed it so that all teams will play an international game. I'm for it because it keeps from exhausting some teams from having all those games while others didn't. This way it's more even and fair.

Since 2021, the league made the conference who has 9 home games be the one who host the international game.

I didn't realize this was the NFC's 9-home-game turn.  

But for the 5th straight year, the Eagles have opened away from home (which could actually be a good think after last year).  I guess playing the game on opening weekend alleviates travel inconveniences getting down there, and having it on Friday makes up for the 13-hr flight back home on (presumably) Saturday, and gives them a day off Sunday and Monday (I think Mondays are usually off.)

I just hope there's at least a few regularly-scheduled Sunday afternoon 1PM games.  The past few years it feels like all the games are SNF, MNF, TNF, 4:30, etc.  Now we start with a Friday.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

32 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

15 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

He had no gameplan for the last drive of the Super Bowl.  

Losing Robert Saleh & DeMeco Ryans back to back hurt but Wilks seemed like an odd fit. The defense was on and off all year. They played like crap in the playoffs against the Packers & Lions (probably should've lost both games). We'll see if they hire from with in or go outside (Mike Vrabel or Brandon Staley).

21 hours ago, BottomlessPitt said:

Obviously the Chiefs will be on the Week 1 Thursday opener next season,  so who should they play? 4 scheduled opponents come to mind: Ravens, Bengals, Texans or Chargers. 

Texans would be a good one. I get the appeal of the Chargers. Ravens is a no. Not that big of a game to open the season. Bengals would be a good one but with Burrow back, I can't imagine the networks want to lose that particular matchup to the kickoff game. Kickoff game is getting views no matter what. Last year was the Lions and they weren't exactly thought of being a major contender preseason. So, I wouldn't expect a huge team for the kickoff.

35 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Texans would be a good one. I get the appeal of the Chargers. Ravens is a no. Not that big of a game to open the season. Bengals would be a good one but with Burrow back, I can't imagine the networks want to lose that particular matchup to the kickoff game. Kickoff game is getting views no matter what. Last year was the Lions and they weren't exactly thought of being a major contender preseason. So, I wouldn't expect a huge team for the kickoff.

Really? I thought they were the trendy pick.

It's where I sit.