2024 NFL Changes

If this is true, the NFL teams that have quickly moved on from a Nike-lead redesign are: 

• Buccaneers 
  • Jaguars
  • Browns
  • Lions
  • Jets (rumored)
  • Titans (rumored, badly needed)

And my guess is the Falcons explore this for next offseason, while the Commanders under new ownership without question probably will). 

If you're Nike, how are you not seen as an objective failure at this point? Everything you're cooking in the kitchen is getting sent back. 

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

What a shame, in my opinion. I always thought the Jets’ current look was a good modern set – restrained and simple with just enough flair to make them unique.

All that y he “legacy” jerseys have going for them is just that – nostalgia. Without that they’re boring, nondescript, sporting goods uniforms.

• Like 7
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 5

1 minute ago, jerrylawless3 said:

What a shame, in my opinion. I always thought the Jets’ current look was a good modern set – restrained and simple with just enough flair to make them unique.

All that y he “legacy” jerseys have going for them is just that – nostalgia. Without that they’re boring, nondescript, sporting goods uniforms.

the fan base despise the current uniforms and loved the legacy set.

Edited by DrunkKidCatholic

21 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

If this is true, the NFL teams that have quickly moved on from a Nike-lead redesign are: 

• Buccaneers 
  • Jaguars
  • Browns
  • Lions
  • Jets (rumored)
  • Titans (rumored, badly needed)

And my guess is the Falcons explore this for next offseason, while the Commanders under new ownership without question probably will). 

If you're Nike, how are you not seen as an objective failure at this point? Everything you're cooking in the kitchen is getting sent back. 

Overall its a net negative, but I don't think its been completely terrible. The Chargers look the best they ever have. The Vikings look great. The Bengals look great. The Lions, despite getting new uniforms actually look fine imo. The Pats and Falcons certainly aren't perfect but they're upgrades on the Reebok monstrosities they were wearing before. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

The Jets look terrible. What do you like? The dark green and black together? The oversized wordmark? The primary logo that writes out the whole name? Performance triangles? All they had to do was apply the new shade of green to the Namath template and they'd have been set for life.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That may also explain why it was impossible to find a new Dri-Fit t-shirt over the holiday season. Even though I'm one of the few who find the current look to be decent, the 80s look will be a great look and be well received by the fanbase. And also murmurmurmurBetterThanAnyNikeOrReebokAttemptAtTheNamathEraLookmurmurmurmur

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Also a much better logo.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

The Jets look terrible. What do you like? The dark green and black together? The oversized wordmark? The primary logo that writes out the whole name? Performance triangles? All they had to do was apply the new shade of green to the Namath template and they'd have been set for life.

Yes, there wasn't anything I liked about the Jets' 2019 update outside of the brighter green. The logo change felt lateral to me, though the previous oval logo did have too much going on with the Jets script, Times New Roman NY in the back, and the small football, so I would argue it might've been an upgrade from that.

I've said it before, but I hate the striping more than anything. The idea, at least on paper, looked like it was intended to have them completely straight, but it's ruined when the players are moving around with them.

spacer.png

urn-publicid-ap-org-09302f0ce5ce6f7129bf

The way the striping just bends and curves makes it look so awkward. They would've been better using standard striping that goes from top to bottom, or maybe just omitting them altogether.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Disagree. To me, the legacy uniforms essentially solve all the issues I have with the current Jets uniforms.

- First and foremost, they eliminate black. Gets rid of the loophole that allows them to wear black alternates and mix and match to create that white-over-black atrocity.

- The helmet wordmark is superior in every way

- No silly "NEW YORK" wordmark above the numbers

- When in doubt, go with regular block numbers. There are extremely few instances I prefer a custom number font to athletic block. The Jets are not one of those instances.

- Better striping. No random stripe curving into the middle of the jersey.

Really, the only change I'd make to the Jets' legacy set is to add a pair of green pants and striped white socks to wear on the road. But even then, it's not really necessary. 

With all of the throwbacks in football this season, these were my favorites precisely because they were so clearly a better version of the current set.

I mean come on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 2