2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, PurpleHayes said:

Some new concepts today over on Uniwatch...the Commanders one is so good that it will never happen, because we can't have nice things as long as Nike is in charge...

https://uni-watch.com/2024/02/04/uni-concepts-jets-cardinals-and-commanders/

Burgandy and darker gold would really a good look. The burgandy helmet with the darker gold W would be a solid upgrade and a better restart. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The one thing I really like about the Commanders current set are the gold numbers on the burgundy jersey. Bothered me for the longest the team's colors were burgundy and gold, but gold was limited to being an accent color for most of my life. Going forward any burgundy jerseys they have going forward should have gold numbers. Gold pants are a must to be paired with them though.

• Like 5

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

The one thing I really like about the Commanders current set are the gold numbers on the burgundy jersey. Bothered me for the longest the team's colors were burgundy and gold, but gold was limited to being an accent color for most of my life. Going forward any burgundy jerseys they have going forward should have gold numbers. Gold pants are a must to be paired with them though.

It still is, apparently.

For a team that prides itself on being the Burgundy & Gold, they don’t exactly use the latter color very much or effectively.

• Like 1

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I've never really liked Washington's gold pants all that much. And the striped socks that go with them are nice, but don't really match the jersey. 

Just put an updated helmet logo on the classic burgundy/white/burgundy/white and burgundy/burgundy/white/burgundy and call it a day. That's all you need to do.

14 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I've never really liked Washington's gold pants all that much. And the striped socks that go with them are nice, but don't really match the jersey. 

Just put an updated helmet logo on the classic burgundy/white/burgundy/white and burgundy/burgundy/white/burgundy and call it a day. That's all you need to do.

I understand what you're getting at with the particular iteration of gold pants that they wore a few years ago. Those were originally throwback pants (as you're likely aware), so that's why they and the socks didn't really match their Gibbs-era jerseys. Washington is a burgundy and gold team. Not burgundy and white. What made the burgundy/white dynamic work was the presence of a fair bit of gold detailing. Generally speaking, I think Washington should have gold pants; just make the style match the rest of the look. That's made more difficult by how poorly designed their current look is (at least from a color balance perspective with no gold on the white jerseys). But stripeless white pants look terrible with any/all of their current jerseys, and that's what they've currently got. Gold would be an improvement.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

And to drive my point home, if there would be a single team in the NFL that would be right to consider using a stencil font, it's unequivocally the Washington Commanders.

Sadly, they screwed it up in their current look by using a noodle-thin font.

• Like 3
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Bull$h!t.  Period.

20121208_jrc_bw1_057.0.jpg

4ZIHB3AWMNCTBATAUKM36GVMM4.jpg

455389778.0.jpg

It works because it's Army. It also works because there's the outline that separates it from the jersey. The space that's there on that Washington concept is too large.

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I mean, teams such as the Bears are navy and orange... but it's not like they have orange numbers or pants. Sometimes just having the second color present in the helmet logo, striping, or number outlines can be enough.

Although, it also depends on the particular team's uniform elements and how much of it allows them to use the secondary color.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HOOVER said:

And to drive my point home, if there would be a single team in the NFL that would be right to consider using a stencil font, it's unequivocally the Washington Commanders.

Sadly, they screwed it up in their current look by using a noodle-thin font.

Commanders having stencil font makes no sense because stencils are nowhere in the teams branding, it was just a desperate attempt to have something "cool" in their look because the rest of the brand had nothing else going on. If any team is gonna do it then it needs to be the Steelers.

• Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png

15 hours ago, walkerws said:

Stencil numbers work with the logo. Just not these stencil numbers. 

I would tolerate those, as long as they put stripes on the pants again. It's not hard Washington AND NIKE!

• Like 1
PersonDivided-2-1.png

22 minutes ago, pokecat12 said:

I would tolerate those, as long as they put stripes on the pants again. It's not hard Washington AND NIKE!

As much as we like to blame Nike for teams rolling with plain pants, the teams have the final say, unless the NFL overrules them in the case of the Browns all brown color rashes, that they didn't want to add TV numbers to, but still let them wear plain brown pants. While we're here, why can't they add a white stripe for the brown pants that are still in rotation? 

roryl4alxtvpjm8qt1sx

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

As much as we like to blame Nike for teams rolling with plain pants, the teams have the final say, unless the NFL overrules them in the case of the Browns all brown color rashes, that they didn't want to add TV numbers to, but still let them wear plain brown pants. While we're here, why can't they add a white stripe for the brown pants that are still in rotation? 

roryl4alxtvpjm8qt1sx

Because it matches the sleeves/socks stripes?

• Like 5