2024 NFL Changes

8 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I also distinctly remember the Dolphins introducing the white throwbacks initially as Color Rush

Like I said, I didn't remember that. Maybe someone will have better google skills than I, but that remembrance doesn't seem supported by the initial article to which I linked.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yup.  That's why they wore the all white socks with them initially.  Now, of course, teams just wear all white socks with their white uniforms because the players have really really terrible taste.

I don’t remember the Dolphins’ throwbacks ever having plain white socks. I remember them having white socks with aqua and orange stripes. 

On 2/16/2024 at 6:52 PM, Cujo said:

Broncos uniform rumors are ramping up again today.. 

GGesVx_XgAAzwbb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GGeXxpuXcAAo1s-?format=jpg&name=medium

GGedxy2X0AAnikz?format=jpg&name=large

If the top is true then not too much to complain about here.  yeah, the white helmet thing, but at least that would just be an alternate.  Of course I'd prefer a modernized D logo on the helmet I can live with this in this format.  My only other thing would be to add blue pants and jersey options.  

• Like 2
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

9 minutes ago, The Impaler said:

If the top is true then not too much to complain about here.  yeah, the white helmet thing, but at least that would just be an alternate.  Of course I'd prefer a modernized D logo on the helmet I can live with this in this format.  My only other thing would be to add blue pants and jersey options.  

If there is a change in Denver, I believe that "old meets new" makeover would satisfy 99% of Denver fans -- even the ones who love the IcEy WhItE SnOwCaPpEd lids. (Those need to be discontinued ASAP)

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

42 minutes ago, Cujo said:

If there is a change in Denver, I believe that "old meets new" makeover would satisfy 99% of Denver fans -- even the ones who love the IcEy WhItE SnOwCaPpEd lids. (Those need to be discontinued ASAP)

100% agree.  

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

The initial rumors already mentioned most of that, but my goodness that sounds like garbage, especially the pants. The only positive thing I take away from this is that there would be three pant colors that can be interchanged. The current's set's lack of mix and match options made it even more boring than it already was.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but the user name Brady2024 is setting off alarms for me. This feels very similar to someone who posted fake Broncos (and maybe other teams) uniform rumors on Reddit a few years ago. Anyone remember this? Did my dumb brain just remember this wrong?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but the user name Brady2024 is setting off alarms for me. This feels very similar to someone who posted fake Broncos (and maybe other teams) uniform rumors on Reddit a few years ago. Anyone remember this? Did my dumb brain just remember this wrong?

All the answers sounds like throwingpennies (or whatever it was) and/or probablywillforgetmylogin.  We also don't know if Paul's two sources are actually different people...hopefully he's smarter than that, but he could be getting played pretty hard. @MileHighMario Vetanze did post before getting suspended on D that the main helmets might be navy and not white, so even those details aren’t confirmed by the two UW sources. 

edit: if you read Brady2024’s posts in forums.denverbroncos.com about anything you’ll see he just :censored:posts and posts ridiculous nonsense. He’s there now because he’s more than likely banned here. 

The below comment is demonstrably false...we know jersey combos have to be set in July/August (and this sounds like "Russelll Wilson is pushing the team to wear all blue and they'll switch it up like on Friday and stuff" nonsense we've heard in the past). On the Broncos forums, Brady2024 claims Sean Peyton will have the player of the week choose the next week’s uniform, which we all know isn’t true all, so he changed it to this lie: 

Brady2024: Just that they’re not looking to have a defined home jersey. They might wear white at home sometimes, depending on on how the team is feeling.

And this sounds fake as hell as any real long-time Bronco test group would be hard-pressed to hate a royal blue helmet. There's no way fans or executives or Sean Payton hate any Broncos identity so much they "want to create their own identity":

UW: You said they considered going back to a royal blue helmet but that it tested very poorly. I assume you’re referring to focus group testing that they did.

Brady2024: Yes.

UW: Is that something you were told, or were you involved in any way with the focus group testing?

Brady2024: That’s something I was told.

UW: Who told you that?

Brady2024: [Redacted.] I was told that they showed it to Broncos fans and non-fans, and they’re very strongly wanting to create their own identity.

In the Broncos’ forums, Brady2024 claims he was “behind closed doors” for these focus groups…but he was only told of the findings? 

There's a retail site that has placeholders for 2024 alternates - and Denver is one of them.  But since throwbacks are already in retail, a true throwback helmet already in circulation wouldn't be held on the site as a new alternate, if that makes sense. 

Long story short, no reason to trust Brady2024 on these claims.

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Let’s pray to God these Broncos rumors aren’t true.  

Happy if they’re using the Elways as the Throwback, but good grief this snow-capped mountain on the sleeves bull:censored: is sounding no good.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Let’s pray to God these Broncos rumors aren’t true.  

Happy if they’re using the Elways as the Throwback, but good grief this snow-capped mountain on the sleeves bull:censored: is sounding no good.

Sounds very similar to the Titans "swords" on their sleeves. Trying too hard to force imagery into a design instead of just keeping :censored: simple and uncluttered. Just because something is new, doesn't mean it has to be completely unique and different. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Sounds very similar to the Titans "swords" on their sleeves. Trying too hard to force imagery into a design instead of just keeping :censored: simple and uncluttered. Just because something is new, doesn't mean it has to be completely unique and different. 

Sounds like something non-football people - ahem, new owners AKA Walton family - would want to do.

Expecting Wal-Mart quality here.

• Like 1

SMDH.  No pants stripes, solid socks matching pants colors, sublimated :censored: everywhere, white helmets, 4 facemask colors, white logo on white helmet.  Please make it stop.  Just SO many bad ideas all in one uniform.  FWIW though, most people over on the Broncos forums think this guy is full of :censored:, but I guess we have to give him credit now for talking to Lukas.  It's possible he saw or heard about some prototypes or alternates and isn't completely full of :censored:, I guess.  

• Like 3
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Impaler said:

SMDH.  No pants stripes, solid socks matching pants colors, sublimated :censored: everywhere, white helmets, 4 facemask colors, white logo on white helmet.  Please make it stop.  Just SO many bad ideas all in one uniform.  FWIW though, most people over on the Broncos forums think this guy is full of :censored:, but I guess we have to give him credit now for talking to Lukas.  It's possible he saw or heard about some prototypes or alternates and isn't completely full of :censored:, I guess.  

Look, this time last year we were told the Cardinals would be darkening their maroon and adding burnt orange. I say we should take all this with (Milton from “Office Space” voice) biiiiiiiiiig grains of salt and just wait for the actual reveal. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, bbush24 said:

:censored:BS 5280 on the leg. We all know how high up Denver is!!! Put some friggin stripes on the pants instead! Use the same helmet stripe pattern and call it a day. And continuing the leotard look is just lack of initiative on their part. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Guys, that Brady2024 guy is in another thread on the Broncos forums claiming that Tom Brady is going to be the team's QB next season: https://forums.denverbroncos.com/forum/broncos-football/broncos-football-aa/8478541-so-what-s-next-at-qb/page68#post8485073

This is a pathological liar. Paul Lukas got duped hard here. This is all bogus. 

Let's not embarrass ourselves by discussing these "rumors" (that is far too kind of a word) like they are anything more than some dumb fantasy. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4