2024 NFL Changes

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The way the rule is written makes it seem like the Saints have to revert from this nasty design:

spacer.png

…back to this beauty

spacer.png

A major win, if true. And perhaps they reclassify an all black design as Color Rush if they want to keep the black helmet, similar to what the Panthers did. I don’t see any reason the current Color Rush can’t stick around strictly as a throwback, perhaps with period appropriate black striped socks. It’s more just reshuffling the classifications than anything else.

Not necessarily. The Saints Color Rush is a Color Rush. It may be based on a Throwback but it's not really a fully era-accurate Throwback. If it had Gold Pants, lacked the flour-de-lis on the pant stripe, and used the correct block number font, then it would be a Throwback.

• Like 2

da0Lbhs.png

We have gone from the NFL basically treating their team's helmets like primary logos to inevitably rotating through uniforms like college teams do. 

Ick. This scares me, especially because I fear teams will use this opportunity to complete the "icy whites" look. 

(Also, does this maybe clear up what's going on with Denver? Could be that white helmet is for an all-white alternate look, while the primary will be blue. We will see.)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

We have gone from the NFL basically treating their team's helmets like primary logos to inevitably rotating through uniforms like college teams do. 

Ick. This scares me, especially because I fear teams will use this opportunity to complete the "icy whites" look. 

(Also, does this maybe clear up what's going on with Denver? Could be that white helmet is for an all-white alternate look, while the primary will be blue. We will see.)

man, I hope this is right and Denver keeps the blue helmet primary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Not necessarily. The Saints Color Rush is a Color Rush. It may be based on a Throwback but it's not really a fully era-accurate Throwback. If it had Gold Pants, lacked the flour-de-lis on the pant stripe, and used the correct block number font, then it would be a Throwback.

AND STRIPED SOCKS!

1 hour ago, PurpleHayes said:

We've arrived at the slippery slope some of us have been warning about...and the NFL has dived head first over the edge, prodded by Nike. 

It won't stop at allowing a 3rd helmet...every team is going to become Oregon.

In a few years the NFL will announce they're allowing teams to have a 26th helmet...🤢

People have been warning about every team in the NFL becoming Oregon since Nike took over. 

After all this time it still hasn't happened. 

As long as teams are still limited to 3 alternate uses per season, I don't see the big deal. 

15 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

People have been warning about every team in the NFL becoming Oregon since Nike took over. 

After all this time it still hasn't happened. 

As long as teams are still limited to 3 alternate uses per season, I don't see the big deal. 

Why do you think it will stop at 3?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

It's where I sit.

45 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d imagine Washington will get a gold helmet at some point. Whether its this season or next.

They'll be getting entirely new uniforms (and probably a name) before they add another helmet. And they couldn't do it for the upcoming season anyways, as the rule change doesn't go league-wide until 2025.

• Like 3

spacer.png

5 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

We've arrived at the slippery slope some of us have been warning about...and the NFL has dived head first over the edge, prodded by Nike. 

We like to blame Nike for a lot of things around here...buy Nike had nothing to do with this. This is 100% on the league.

4 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Wow. Can't say I'm surprised at the news, but hoped it would be a long time before it would happen. Oh NFL, you never cease to surprise us. What a slippery slope it was in exchange for the return of so many Throwbacks.

When I saw the news, I instantly thought of @oldschoolvikings. He's been warning us for years that if the one helmet rule were to ever be overturned, things would lead to this.

I'll say that it's good that Primary Uniforms still require the Primary Helmet, but that's bound to change soon at this current rate. Over/under on three years by the time it's a free-for-all on mixing and matching Helmets and Jerseys.

I give it until the beginning of next preseason.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Don't shoot the messenger:

Real Pandora's Box moment.  Allowing teams to wear alternate jerseys as much as they like will probably be next.  This is how you end up looking like the NBA.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Texans were my first thought after reading the tweet 😆👍 they already on it

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

And Broncos twitter confirms

Note the teams soon to trot out new uniforms in 2 weeks are the ones making noise about the 3 helmet shell rule. 

They probably already knew this rule change was coming down the pipeline in andvance and had something planned. They could in theory announce their 3rd alternate helmet for 2025 when they unveil new uniforms in 2 weeks. 

• Like 2
NYCdog.png

13 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

It won't stop at allowing a 3rd helmet...every team is going to become Oregon.

In a few years the NFL will announce they're allowing teams to have a 26th helmet...🤢

I can't wait for City Connect (or whatever Nike will choose to call them) helmets.