2024 NFL Changes

Just now, MCM0313 said:

To me, “monochrome done right” has to have contrasting socks at a minimum. It helps if the socks are also the color of the helmet - for instance, I think orange helmet and socks, black jersey and pants is a sharp look for the Bengals. However, I also love the Panthers with silver helmet, black jersey and pants, and electric blue socks. 

The only one without contrasting socks that I find acceptable is Seattle’s, probably because it’s kind of the first. I’d still rather see it with grey pants, and I’d *really* rather see their throwback. 

Contrasting socks would help, but I think @maz meant the entire uniform, socks included.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm sure it was discussed a while ago...but I can't wait for those throwback jerseys to show up in the retail stores.  I really like that they went with the 1977-85 stripes in the jersey and pants (as a changeup from the more-known 90s b/w/b stripes). These are my favorite throwback unis in the league right now.  And the fact the new unis aren't great makes the throwbacks look even better. 

The 1977-1985 Denver Broncos uniform design you said? Ok, I am on board now ❤️❤️ 😍😍

3 hours ago, udubfan19 said:

😎😎🥶🥶🥶🔥🔥🔥🔥how denver should have honored those colors:

W1pqk62.png

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!! 🤣

• LOL 2

On 5/1/2024 at 12:24 PM, Old School Fool said:

Houston's sudden love for the Oilers is just stupid.  As far as I know the city didn't want the Oilers to stay, then they got the Texans and things were fine, I never heard a thing from anybody until the throwback was announced. I didn't even hear anything in 2009 when the Titans wore AFL Oilers throwbacks. It's all so sudden and just reeks of desperation.

Guess what dude? You aren't the Oilers. You never were the Oilers and you're never going to be the Oilers. Please stop it.

If that’s the extent of your knowledge you know nothing about this topic and need to sit this one out fool. That city did love the Oilers, they just didn’t like being extorted by Bud Adams and I can’t blame them. Adams  threatened relocations to Jacksonville (Dome was renovated) and 10 years later, again threatened relocation to Nashville if he didn’t get a new stadium. The apple didn’t fall far from the tree with his daughter, Amy Adams Strunk either. She got $1.2 billion in public money for new Nissan Stadium after a previously agreed up renovation for the existing stadium. The Adams family are extortionists, plain and simple. Houston was just smart enough to turn down a bad deal, just as Kansas City did a few weeks ago, turning down the back to back Super Bowl Champion Chiefs & Royals stadium vote. More cities need to fight for their best interests. 

I find it funny people chastise John Fisher for his handling of the A’s relocation but then forget these past examples and want to instead wrongfully crucify another city.

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1
NYCdog.png

22 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

If that’s the extent of your knowledge you know nothing about this topic and need to sit this one out fool. That city did love the Oilers, they just didn’t like being extorted by Bud Adams and I can’t blame them. Adams  threatened relocations to Jacksonville (Dome was renovated) and 10 years later, again threatened relocation to Nashville if he didn’t get a new stadium. The apple didn’t fall far from the tree with his daughter, Amy Adams Strunk either. She got $1.2 billion in public money for new Nissan Stadium after a previously agreed up renovation for the existing stadium. The Adams family are extortionists, plain and simple. Houston was just smart enough to turn down a bad deal, just as Kansas City did a few weeks ago, turning down the Chiefs & Royals. More cities need to fight for their best interests. 

I find it funny people chastise John Fisher for his handling of the A’s relocation but then forget these past examples and want to instead wrongfully crucify another city.

Damn that’s crazy. Anyway, the Oilers aren’t Houston’s to have.

The Texans literally threw a temper tantrum just be able to use a blue that isn’t even the correct shade.

• Yawn 1

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Damn that’s crazy. Anyway, the Oilers aren’t Houston’s to have.

The Texans literally threw a temper tantrum just be able to use a blue that isn’t even the correct shade.

They used the color that is predominantly used in the city’s flag. Even the Dynamo and Rockets have used that color at various times in their past too. IMO, it’s Amy Adam’s Strunk who’s throwing the fit. And it’s it nice to see the University of  Houston tell Amy Adam’s Strunk to :censored: off with that cease and desist letter.

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1
NYCdog.png

The Texans-Titans-Oilers debate will always be a circle argument. 

I don’t know why, though. It’s pretty clear cut which team owns the history and identity of the Oilers. I’m in favor of Tennessee wearing the throwbacks full time at this point, but still go by Titans.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know why, though. It’s pretty clear cut which team owns the history and identity of the Oilers. I’m in favor of Tennessee wearing the throwbacks full time at this point, but still go by Titans.

Im in agreement there. I have no issue with the Titans embracing the Oilers history. But Amy Adams Strunk’s attempts to lord over the use of a color is where I draw the line, especially when that color has history in that city beyond sports 

• Like 4
NYCdog.png

Just so everyone is clear on this:

It isn't the use of the color itself that led the NFL to send that cease-and-desist letter to the University of Houston. They could have used light blue as a trim and been completely okay. It was the use of uniforms [in that color] that looked dang near exactly like the Houston Oilers...intellectual property that is owned by the Tennessee Titans franchise. THAT'S what got the cease-and-desist sent.

Please don't conflate the two. Let's get those two details ironed out here.

And I don't know how many people saw it, but the Texans actually got permission from both the Titans and the NFL to use that light blue color for their alts, so there's that, too.

I think there's a lot of little details a lot of people are mixing up and making errant posts about here.

• Like 10

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know why, though. It’s pretty clear cut which team owns the history and identity of the Oilers.

Right.  Just like it's clear cut that the Ravens own the history and identity of the Browns.

Oh, wait...

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Right.  Just like it's clear cut that the Ravens own the history and identity of the Browns.

Oh, wait...

spacer.png

No, it's been pretty clear from the beginning that the Titans own the Oilers history, but the Ravens don't own the Browns history since they're are officially considered an expansion team and always have (unlike the Hornets-Pelicans-Bobcats-Hornets fiasco).

• Like 5

1 minute ago, McCall said:

No, it's been pretty clear from the beginning that the Titans own the Oilers history, but the Ravens don't own the Browns history since they're are officially considered an expansion team and always have (unlike the Hornets-Pelicans-Bobcats-Hornets fiasco).

Didn’t Art Modell “relinquish” the Browns history when the franchise moved to Baltimore?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Didn’t Art Modell “relinquish” the Browns history when the franchise moved to Baltimore?

Something like that. Here's the Wikipedia page for the move.

Cleveland Browns relocation controversy - Wikipedia

The short version is Cleveland approved a tax to pay for renovations to Cleveland Stadium, but it was a day after Modell announced the move to Baltimore. As part of the settlement from the resulting lawsuit, the Browns were deactivated until the current stadium was built in 1999, and the Ravens are classified as an expansion team created in 1996.

6 hours ago, tBBP said:

Just so everyone is clear on this:

It isn't the use of the color itself that led the NFL to send that cease-and-desist letter to the University of Houston. They could have used light blue as a trim and been completely okay. It was the use of uniforms [in that color] that looked dang near exactly like the Houston Oilers...intellectual property that is owned by the Tennessee Titans franchise. THAT'S what got the cease-and-desist sent.

Please don't conflate the two. Let's get those two details ironed out here.

And I don't know how many people saw it, but the Texans actually got permission from both the Titans and the NFL to use that light blue color for their alts, so there's that, too.

I think there's a lot of little details a lot of people are mixing up and making errant posts about here.

If the color Columbia Blue wasn’t the issue, what can’t the Texans use it? Why do the Texans have to come up with a work around and even be dictated on that colors usage on their own uniforms? I think everyone on this board knows the answer and it starts with Amy Adams Strunk. 

You and Titans organization can spin this however you want. It still doesn’t turn chicken :censored: into chicken salad. Run that nonsense elsewhere cause anyone with a logical mind shouldn’t buy any of that bull:censored:. 

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1
NYCdog.png

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Yes, Modell relinquished the rights to the Browns as part of the Baltimore relocation agreement. And that’s the biggest difference between the Browns and Oilers relocation. Bud Adams refused to relinquish the Oilers rights since the family business is Adams Resources & Energy. He was an oilman, hence the name Oilers.

Take a guess where the family business Adams Resources & Energy is still headquartered? Hint: It’s not Nashville.

Im sick and tired of rich pricks screwing over fans. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Facepalm 1
NYCdog.png

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

"The Cleveland Browns were deactivated and were never an expansion team!!!"

undefined 

Did you think the 1999 Browns were just going to magically end up with players? No, there needed to be an expansion draft to assemble a team. Expansion draft does not mean expansion team. 

I'm tired of people lacking basic understanding of things on the subject of relocation. It's pretty easy to figure out what is what but people just want to be intentionally ignorant.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, NYCdog said:

If the color Columbia Blue wasn’t the issue, what can’t the Texans use it? Why do the Texans have to come up with a work around and even be dictated on that colors usage on their own uniforms? I think everyone on this board knows the answer and it starts with Amy Adams Strunk. 

You and Titans organization can spin this however you want. It still doesn’t turn chicken :censored: into chicken salad. Run that nonsense elsewhere cause anyone with a logical mind shouldn’t buy any of that bull:censored:. 

2 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Yes, Modell relinquished the rights to the Browns as part of the Baltimore relocation agreement. And that’s the biggest difference between the Browns and Oilers relocation. Bud Adams refused to relinquish the Oilers rights since the family business is Adams Resources & Energy. He was an oilman, hence the name Oilers.

Take a guess where the family business Adams Resources & Energy is still headquartered? Hint: It’s not Nashville.

Im sick and tired of rich pricks screwing over fans. 

Anyway. Once again, the Texans will never be the Oilers. It’s really  not that hard to understand why the Adams retained the history of their own team and why they refuse to let another team bully them into giving it up.

I’m not siding with the “rich pricks” for “screwing over fans”, but good grief. You really are taking this personally.

• Like 3