2024 NFL Changes

It's cracking me up that we're debating a name I came up with as a joke four years ago. Don't get me wrong, I do like the name 32s, but I never thought it would last this long.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Plus it’s better for the communities that end up having to front the majority of the bill by way of more events being able to go on there the other 357/356 days of the year.

Taylor Swift and Beyonce already play open-air stadiums. There aren't really that many acts that can fill a football field other than football. The Rolling Stones, but by the time this next batch of stadiums is done, they might finally be dead.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, infrared41 said:

NFL fans younger than 40 probably think Franklin Roosevelt was one of those Fearsome Foursome guys that the old guys always bring up during a Rams broadcast.

"The only thing we have to fear...is ME!"

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not every stadium needs a roof.

Whats next? American Spirit Field @ the Lambeau Dome?

I have to agree with you here. I honestly hate how the need to make these stadiums ready for use year-round is the driving factor for new closed/retractable roof stadiums. Every now and then, I like the elements, rain or shine, and that'd take away from it if we got to a point where 50% of the teams in the league were playing indoors.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

12 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I have to agree with you here. I honestly hate how the need to make these stadiums ready for use year-round is the driving factor for new closed/retractable roof stadiums. Every now and then, I like the elements, rain or shine, and that'd take away from it if we got to a point where 50% of the teams in the league were playing indoors.

It’s so funny that SoFi is described as both an indoor and outdoor stadium when it’s clearly an outdoor stadium that just so happens to have glass overtop of it. They can’t close the sides. There’s air that flows directly through it at all times.

8 hours ago, chakdaddy said:

Shame that TJ Tampa went to Baltimore.

Browns should have gotten Cleveland Gary

I remember wanting the Jets to get Josh Allen the pass-rusher so he would have ample chances to sack his namesake. 

Funny story about Cleveland Gary: initially, Sierra’s Football Pro series didn’t have an NFLPA license. Most players were given random names but Cleveland Gary was given two other Midwestern cities: Toledo Wayne. (Also, Joe Montana was Maurice Dakota.)

9 hours ago, burgundy said:

Washington Roosevelts. Done. That's the name. Send it to Josh Harris.

I think it’s a fair compromise that even the people who are like “but… but 32 is too close to 49ers”, “commanders is too generic!”, and maybe even the “but R-word isn’t offensive to ME, therefore other people should stop whining” people can agree on. 

he’s basically the universally-accepted 5th Rushmore president, so there’s another point. 

Get that piece of gutter trash Harris (or one of his 500 assistances) on the phone right F-ing now. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Any thoughts on Dan Quinn's shirt with the W logo combined with the two feathers from the old name logo?

Very weird he wore this at a media event for the team. I assumed any related imagery isn't allowed unless it's archive footage and even then the NFL is careful these days.

GNUBmKXXQAE868-?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

At least with the 49ers and 76ers, those brands are named after historically-significant moments/eras in American history. I'm sorry but naming yourself the 32s because you were "founded" in 1932 is dumb. 

I personally don't have any gripes about "Commanders" as a name, just the uniforms from the neck down. That being said, ever since I saw this concept from @mcrosby several years ago (particularly the plane logo), I've been a fan of the name Redtails honoring the Tuskegee Airmen. It keeps the obligatory military theme that the team/league apparently want to keep (because 'MERICA and FOOTBALL). 

847a2197282135.5ec1ad89e5357.png

• Like 5
  • Hurl 1
  • Yawn 1

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

10 hours ago, chakdaddy said:

Commanders mess makes me think Guardians did it right.  I've practically forgotten the old name ever existed. And they're my favorite team.

Another rename would just look increasingly ridiculous.  They should just make the look more cohesive, something more like the classic 80s/90s with the new logos.

I remember being astounded by the boards reaction when the logo could be seen reflected in a window in the teaser video.  We were so jaded to fake leaks and wild stretches of the imagination that we pooh-poohed the kind of leak that dreams are made of!!

Nah... that Guardians name and logo is still pretty awful

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 9

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

It's cracking me up that we're debating a name I came up with as a joke four years ago.

As I was saying...

28 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

At least with the 49ers and 76ers, those brands are named after historically-significant moments/eras in American history. I'm sorry but naming yourself the 32s because you were "founded" in 1932 is dumb. 

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s so funny that SoFi is described as both an indoor and outdoor stadium when it’s clearly an outdoor stadium that just so happens to have glass overtop of it. They can’t close the sides. There’s air that flows directly through it at all times.

My house has the windows open. Am I outside?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, JQK said:

Nah... that Guardians name and logo is still pretty awful

The name is mid, but the logo is amazing and even manages to look vintage. They absolutely nailed the visual design aspect, and if I didn’t know MLB history I could be convinced that they’d been using that name and variations of the logo since the 1950s if not earlier. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

I personally don't have any gripes about "Commanders" as a name, just the uniforms from the neck down. That being said, ever since I saw this concept from @mcrosby several years ago (particularly the plane logo), I've been a fan of the name Redtails honoring the Tuskegee Airmen. It keeps the obligatory military theme that the team/league apparently want to keep (because 'MERICA and FOOTBALL). 

847a2197282135.5ec1ad89e5357.png

Redtails is the equivalent to the Guardian's approach and in the end infinitely more successful than the direction of Washinton.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

C’mon now. The ends of SoFi don’t resemble windows in the slightest.

If you play on plastic grass underneath a roof...you might be a redneck. I mean, play in an indoor stadium.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1