2024 NFL Changes

22 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

So the New York Jets get a new look in 2019, it's controversial, they introduce a Throwback a few years later, everybody loves that and so they just convert to it full time... but then they introduce a throwback of what they wore prior to 2019 and now fans are like "Switch to these full time!" on Twitter before the current new look can even take the field.

So stupid.

Exactly the point I was gonna make. The Namath throwbacks, in the first year after switching their uniforms, are completely unnecessary. Makes me wonder if they're already planning to move back to those uniforms after their mandatory five year stint with the Sack Exchange uniforms.

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

Exactly the point I was gonna make. The Namath throwbacks, in the first year after switching their uniforms, are completely unnecessary. Makes me wonder if they're already planning to move back to those uniforms after their mandatory five year stint with the Sack Exchange uniforms.

I hope not. The Sack Exchange set just needs some striped socks for the green pants and it’d be perfect. 

Speaking of that, at least the throwback will have proper striped socks. Heck, maybe that’s why they won’t go back to it full-time, seeing how “uncool” striped socks seem to be these days. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

I'd rather they keep the Sack Exchange look as the primary. Especially when everyone else in their division are wearing white helemts as their primary look. 

24 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I hope not. The Sack Exchange set just needs some striped socks for the green pants and it’d be perfect. 

Speaking of that, at least the throwback will have proper striped socks. Heck, maybe that’s why they won’t go back to it full-time, seeing how “uncool” striped socks seem to be these days. 

Or just standard old school white socks with a solid green top. I'm so tired of everyone wearing one solid sock color. It makes me appreciate the Browns stiped socks even more. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Wait, doesn’t this make sense though? They’re saying the Sack Exchange is not unique, but the Namath era is, hence it’s more unique. How else would you say this? 

And this is such a random uniform to have as a throwback, after they’ve gone to a full time throwback identity. But I do love it! This set feels like the Jets to me, way more than the Sack Exchange set

Well, since unique means one of a kind, you can't be 'more one of a kind'. The word gets used here so often, and so often it is used wrong.

How else to say it? @fouhy12 called the Texans update 'distinctive'. That's the word that I think people are looking for when they call something unique with any sort of qualifier (and possibly even where there's no qualifier).

unique - being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

"this discovery was unique in history"
distinctive - characteristic of one person or thing, and so serving to distinguish it from others.
"juniper berries give gin its distinctive flavor"
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

Jets fix the shade of green, but still can't get the shoulder stripes to not look all choppy on this template. Classic Nike. One bad call away from perfect. 

rarlrwc2f0hnx4pjqz0r

I just hate that clunky extra notch that comes out from the sleeve. And what's worse is the solution is incredibly obvious and would require zero template renovating or any new production retooling. - They use the Colts template, right? Only difference is the sleeves are colored in instead of white. So simply flip the green-white-green shoulder stripes to white-green-white and you'll achieve the same effect without that extra bump out from the sleeve. Much cleaner and it'll be closer to the original Namath uni look. 

Here's a quick mockup. 

spacer.png

• Like 25

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

I can see them doing the Dolphins and Bucs approach where they have their primaries, that being the Sack Exchange set, but also use the Namath era sets as the occasional throwback. It's been working very well for both teams so I don't see why it wouldn't with the Jets. 

• Like 2

XM4KeeA.png

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

So the New York Jets get a new look in 2019, it's controversial, they introduce a Throwback a few years later, everybody loves that and so they just convert to it full time... but then they introduce a throwback of what they wore prior to 2019 and now fans are like "Switch to these full time!" on Twitter before the current new look can even take the field.

So stupid.

I said the same thing. It's all become so incredibly ridiculous. Everyone said they nailed it in April, but now an all-white throwback uniform comes out of nowhere and is automatically the best thing ever, even though the uniform it's based on was never even that popular when it was around.

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Jets fix the shade of green, but still can't get the shoulder stripes to not look all choppy on this template. Classic Nike. One bad call away from perfect. 

rarlrwc2f0hnx4pjqz0r

I just hate that clunky extra notch that comes out from the sleeve. And what's worse is the solution is incredibly obvious and would require zero template renovating or any new production retooling. - They use the Colts template, right? Only difference is the sleeves are colored in instead of white. So simply flip the green-white-green shoulder stripes to white-green-white and you'll achieve the same effect without that extra bump out from the sleeve. Much cleaner and it'll be closer to the original Namath uni look. 

Here's a quick mockup. 

spacer.png

1292519899.jpg

Nike offers a straight line version of the FUSE, not this one shown, that would at least keep that straight line look. I think one thing Nike could do is come up with a sleeve shoulder cut that is similar to what the Brahmas wore in the UFL this year.

rawImage.jpg

b6da7590-133f-4da4-8be2-cf17edccf35a-med

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Packers' white helmet/white facemask (worn with white jersey and white pants) leaked in today's Madden Gameplay deep dive, starting at the 4:45 mark. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

51 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Packers' white helmet/white facemask (worn with white jersey and white pants) leaked in today's Madden Gameplay deep dive, starting at the 4:45 mark. 

SsyhAMW.png

for those who don't want to watch

also, is that white raiders helmet?: (notice facemask & pants are darker)

VJl9avF.png

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

30 minutes ago, udubfan19 said:

SsyhAMW.png

VJl9avF.png

Maybe a chrome helmet for the Raiders? They look more shiny/reflective in the distance to me. That wouldn't be a deal-breaker to me.

• Like 4
PersonDivided-2-1.png

31 minutes ago, udubfan19 said:

VJl9avF.png

Same helmet as always. Super bright in Madden's sun. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, udubfan19 said:

SsyhAMW.png

VJl9avF.png

HURR DURR so 🥶 🥶 🥶 ICY  cold and so FRESH!!1! HURR DURR all white from head to toe is so CLEAN and also NOBODY else does it!!1!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5