2024 NFL Changes

4 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Eagles are going with black helmet, white jersey, black pants for the opener in Brazil.

Ah - that's why we're wearing our 'home' uniform.

• LOL 3

It's where I sit.

15 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Now they just need to turn the navy alts into a proper 1994 throwback and they’re set. 

1990 if they are going for the lightning logo pants. 1994 would be their superbowl against the 49ers and they blew the lead big time, I mean big time.

13 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You say sharp. I say dull.

Navy was the worst shade of blue in the Chargers' history.

I say the same thing. It was the execution. I do like the 1988-2006 uniforms, but you could hardly see the yellow in the colors if you were close up. The 1985-1987 navy was colorful. Look and compare.

imageedit_9_58328807-16x9-1.jpg?w=978

https-3A-2F-2Fboltbeat-com-2Fwp-content-

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

So can they only wear the black helmet with the white jersey this season? Are the black jerseys gone?

Also the reasoning for this combo is a little silly, but fun:

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/lists/eagles-uniforms-prediction-all-black-2024-nfl-schedule-cowboys-giants-packers-brazil/#

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

At least the pants and socks are contrasting . . . ?

Just kidding, this looks horrible. I've always liked kelly green more than midnight green, but if you're gonna wear midnight green, wear midnight green. All of the black uniform elements look awful.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Eagles wore all black once last year and white over black once last year. This will be their only time wearing black helmets this season. Hard to call them a black and white team when they will be wearing either midnight green or Kelly green for the other 16 games. 

I don't disagree but I think you also have to take into account how many times they wear all white

• Meh 1

Isn’t the whole reasoning behind what the Eagles are wearing is because green is associated with gangs in Brazil? Or was that just a rumor?

If true, the matchup should’ve been Philly in all black and GB in all white. Which is absolutely grotesque, but given the potential situation, is necessary.

The NFL managed to schedule the worst possible teams (outside of the Jets) for this game.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Isn’t the whole reasoning behind what the Eagles are wearing is because green is associated with gangs in Brazil? Or was that just a rumor?

If true, the matchup should’ve been Philly in all black and GB in all white. Which is absolutely grotesque, but given the potential situation, is necessary.

The NFL managed to schedule the worst possible teams (outside of the Jets) for this game.

From here

Eagles release non-green uniform combo for Brazil game

NFL spokesperson Tim Schlittner told USA Today that typically green is prohibited in the stadium but said, “None of that applies to the Green Bay-Philadelphia game, where fans of both Packers and Eagles will be wearing green.”

The Packers are set to wear their standard home uniform.

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I say the same thing. It was the execution. I do like the 1988-2006 uniforms, but you could hardly see the yellow in the colors if you were close up. The 1985-1987 navy was colorful. Look and compare.

imageedit_9_58328807-16x9-1.jpg?w=978

I get it but the effect of the San Diego sunshine (very bright with little haze from humidity) made the yellow that was there luminous. I remember the yellow standing out very very well.

rarrm0cd79z1fppriyd6

To this day, it also remains the only Chargers uniform where all the bolts had the same pattern and the same backing.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I get it but the effect of the San Diego sunshine (very bright with little haze from humidity) made the yellow that was there luminous. I remember the yellow standing out very very well.

rarrm0cd79z1fppriyd6

To this day, it also remains the only Chargers uniform where all the bolts had the same pattern and the same backing.

Ah, the superior number font/outline(s)

27 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

rarrm0cd79z1fppriyd6

I might be wrong, but I think the bolt on the helmet doesn't have the gap between the bolt and the yellow outline. But either way, all the bolts were basically on a navy background.

I'm not sure if I've ever disliked a Charger uniform. They are all fantastic IMO

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

As noted in the article @TBGKon linked (though stating it here to save the click): No, it is not gang-related. It's more along the lines of the state of Ohio banning the letter M during the week of the Michigan game. Green is the color of Palmeiras, the rival of Corinthians, the owner/occupants of the stadium in which Philadelphia and Green Bay will be playing.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Absolutely correct in terms of color. I would presume that the NFL was too far into planning, talks with owners, and its considerations of which match up was best to move to Brazil for uniform color to matter.

• Like 4