2024 College Football

4 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Why was this game in Ireland? GT got screwed out of having a major win in Bobby Dodd Stadium.

And the Chiefs got screwed out of winning the Super Bowl at Arrowhead the last couple years by having the games scheduled in Arizona and Las Vegas...

• Love 1
  • LOL 4
  • WOAH 1

11 minutes ago, McCall said:

And the Chiefs got screwed out of winning the Super Bowl at Arrowhead the last couple years by having the games scheduled in Arizona and Las Vegas...

Hey, at least the Bucs and Rams weren't screwed

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Why was this game in Ireland? GT got screwed out of having a major win in Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Watching this Ireland game, my thought is that "why hasn't there been an NFL game there yet?"

• Like 2

ESPN really needs to stop having the FCS Kickoff game in Montgomery, Alabama. Even with one of the participating teams being from Alabama, one half of that stadium is always near empty.

I remember a couple of years ago when it was a proper home game for Montana against North Dakota State. The stadium was packed.

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Watching the complete implosion of Coach Prime in Colorado is going to be interesting.  Going total scorched earth with,  first the local media and now the national would be tough for a team that’s set up for a great season.  Colorado’s upcoming mediocre team is only going to make the hammering worse.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 8/24/2024 at 2:12 PM, FriedPickles said:

Wow, unranked Georgia Tech beat ranked Florida State!

Yeah, at least ONE of my two alma maters can beat FSU in an opening game...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

It is what it is.

On 8/24/2024 at 1:23 PM, Germanshepherd said:

Turns out the Two Minute Warning is an official TV timeout wow whod’ve thunk it

Aside from timing rules, the primary point of the 2-minute timeout isn't to introduce a new TV timeout, rather to reallocate one that already exists and reduce the chances of the score > timeout > kickoff > timeout sequence we get sometimes.

• Like 1

6fQjS3M.png

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Watching the complete implosion of Coach Prime in Colorado is going to be interesting.  Going total scorched earth with,  first the local media and now the national would be tough for a team that’s set up for a great season.  Colorado’s upcoming mediocre team is only going to make the hammering worse.  

uh, you expect the buffs to fall to preseason media hype yet again? lol

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

53 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

damn, the NDSU Bison aren't trying to be bullied by CU 👀

This one was kind of easy to see coming. A well-coached, talented FCS program against a Deion coached team.  NC State losing to WCU on the other hand…

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

IUe6Hvh.png

Sheesh...Graham Mertz still sucks.  This is just sad.  Thanks for taking him off UW's hands though, Florida :hockeysmiley:

• LOL 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

44 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Sheesh...Graham Mertz still sucks.  This is just sad.  Thanks for taking him off UW's hands though, Florida :hockeysmiley:

The announcers talk him up every game like he’s been great for Florida but he just completes a high % of passes via jet sweeps and bubble screens. Zero deep accuracy.  Hate that he’s hurt but I hope Lagway plays going forward. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Probably one of the most pathetic performances I've seen from a Gator team, and I've seen some miserable ones. Getting run off the field in the Swamp to open the season is just another level. Cristobal was hired by Miami the same offseason Napier got hired by Florida, so there's just no excuses. 

KtHjnlJ.png

39 minutes ago, SavardToColton said:

Probably one of the most pathetic performances I've seen from a Gator team, and I've seen some miserable ones. Getting run off the field in the Swamp to open the season is just another level. Cristobal was hired by Miami the same offseason Napier got hired by Florida, so there's just no excuses. 

I do think Napier’s first two classes were wrecked by an unorganized NIL. I stopped following so I don’t know if it’s gotten better, but there’s a lot of kids on that field that Miami outbid Florida on, unfortunately (which is fair and just the way it is.  Miami embraced NIL, Florida did not at first). That said, Napier should not be calling plays. He’s made terrible staffing decisions. He sucks and needs to go and so does Stricklin for hiring him.  Florida has too much talent for that performance today and certainly too much access to talent.

I say eff it. Hire Deion and let him stack some classes. May still suck but it’ll be fun for at least an offseason. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

IUe6Hvh.png

I guess it's nice to see Notre Dame do what Alabama and LSU can do in College Station. But it's only one game. It's not like Notre Dame is getting a top-four berth in the CFP, even if they win out the rest of the way.

• WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1

LvZYtbZ.png